LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to share some info with y'all (yes, I have gone through all the proper channels and have been waiting to post) with the caution that I can tell you no more, so I won't be able to answer any questions.

BSL went to a 3rd hospital, this one in Texas.

He did much more travelling and visiting gas stations than some gave him credit for. (Ironic that the gas issue came up now)

He was seen by several different people with his wounds, and gave different stories to each of those people as to how they happened.

He was very 'antsy' while waiting to get his new truck.

Thank y'all for giving me and so many others such insight into Mickey's disappearance.

missed reading the forum for a couple days and it took me a good 4 or 5 days to catch up! finally!!

goodness gracious, why in the heck would this man need to go to a 3rd hospital. i'm sorry but he has to be a huge wimp! just another reason i hope he eventually gets turned loose in general pop in prison.

FWIW, I don't think she even crossed the Texas/La border.

I don't either. I don't think he would have risked being pulled over, truck breaking down, etc.

BBM

Possibly severe pain from gasoline and or burn on a fairly new wound?:dunno:

Stitches are usually removed after about 10 days. We know he went to Oschner in N.O. on the evening of May 19. Reports do not give an exact date of when he later went to Opelousas General, where he received stitches, but I'm going to guess it was no more than 48 hours after his first hospital visit. His car was found burned on May 31 in TX. I can't recall the date he reported it stolen though. May 29? Anyone? His third hospital visit in TX could coincide with suture removal. Maybe he thought it would be less risky in another state.

It's my understanding that past inmates of BSL are starting to talk of all the things he told them while incarcerated anyone else hearing of this?

??? The past inmates still in prison, out of prison, or both?

Stitches are usually removed after about 10 days. We know he went to Oschner in N.O. on the evening of May 19. Reports do not give an exact date of when he later went to Opelousas General, where he received stitches, but I'm going to guess it was no more than 48 hours after his first hospital visit. His car was found burned on May 31 in TX. I can't recall the date he reported it stolen though. May 29? Anyone? His third hospital visit in TX could coincide with suture removal.
Maybe he thought it would be less risky in another state

Maybe he thought cops would be waiting on him if he returned to Opelasus!

i have to think for some reason LE knows she didnt cross the border. TES wouldnt still be here combing around if they thought she did. i dont know if its something we can figure out but i wonder how many cell phone towers are between the 100,000 acres they have said to have searched. if they are going off pings, i would think that is why they are keeping it local

moo

The whole Texas leg of this case has been a mystery with very little information released. Since the finding of BSL's burned-out truck I've wondered so many things about TX.
Why there in TX? There was "talk" that BSL's bio mother/relatives were in that area; but I have seen nothing confirmed.
What date did he arrive there..... and when did he leave?
The location of where BSL's original DWT was supposedly "stolen" from the police report made that it was stolen (ex. a house, store, side of the road, motel, etc)?
What specific area in the woods was the burned DWT discovered and by whom?

I think LE knows all this - just not telling right now (and maybe for the best at this point); it has been indicated that they "know how he got back from Tx to LA.

I think TX holds much "evidence" in addition to the DWT - that will come out in trial. Just want to know if any posters here at WS know any confirmed facts at this point.

If anyone has any verified facts - please reply.

A lot depends upon what date he went down there...wasn't he seen by an RSO-officer on or about May 28th? Does anyone have the date for that check-in? And the date he filed to get rid of his RSO status?

i have to think for some reason LE knows she didnt cross the border. TES wouldnt still be here combing around if they thought she did. i dont know if its something we can figure out but i wonder how many cell phone towers are between the 100,000 acres they have said to have searched. if they are going off pings, i would think that is why they are keeping it local

moo

I agree...they show no signs of looking anyplace outside of the greater Lafayette area (and surrounding areas.) And they called TES to come UP from TX twice. I don't think Mickey was ever there and I think LE has good reason to name May 19th as the date of her death.

Stitches are usually removed after about 10 days. We know he went to Oschner in N.O. on the evening of May 19. Reports do not give an exact date of when he later went to Opelousas General, where he received stitches, but I'm going to guess it was no more than 48 hours after his first hospital visit. His car was found burned on May 31 in TX. I can't recall the date he reported it stolen though. May 29? Anyone? His third hospital visit in TX could coincide with suture removal. Maybe he thought it would be less risky in another state.

Although you can get sutures removed anywhere, usually they want you to come back to the same place, especially after a surgery. They want to examine your incision site to check for infection, see if the scar is healing correctly. Also depending on wear on his finger he may need to massage the area to prevent the scar from causing a loss of range of motion in the finger. I would really think the surgeons would want to see him back at that particular hospital which makes me think it's not related to the surgery, although I guess it could just be suture removal to the other wounds. Haven't we discussed that the neck wound doesn't look like it got stitches though?? I can't remember...

Just because he was in prison during a certain time does not mean he did not commit any more crimes. I personally know of two inmates serving time in two different parishes in Louisiana who, because of their jobs, have a LOT of freedom. They both have very extensive records including sex-related and violent crimes against children. I have no idea how it is they both can wonder at will during the day, only having to be back in jail at night. One even has a cell phone. I keep repeating this because I think folks believe (well, he could not have committed this crime or that crime because he was in jail at the time...) I think it is possible that MAYBE some of the things found in his trailer were related to crimes that he committed WHILE he was in jail. Now -- won't the feces hit the oscillator when that is found to be true? This is my opinion -- but it is because I have always been floored at the amount of freedom some of these inmates are given. I am especially interested to find out what people who were "locked up" with BSL are saying -- and I would also like to hear if at any point he was allowed outside the prison. I pray that he was not - however -- it would not surprise me at all.

Although you can get sutures removed anywhere, usually they want you to come back to the same place, especially after a surgery. They want to examine your incision site to check for infection, see if the scar is healing correctly. Also depending on wear on his finger he may need to massage the area to prevent the scar from causing a loss of range of motion in the finger. I would really think the surgeons would want to see him back at that particular hospital which makes me think it's not related to the surgery, although I guess it could just be suture removal to the other wounds. Haven't we discussed that the neck wound doesn't look like it got stitches though?? I can't remember...

I disagree. I think he would go to the most convenient place to have sutures removed. Some folks cut them out themselves. Snip snip.

Just because he was in prison during a certain time does not mean he did not commit any more crimes. I personally know of two inmates serving time in two different parishes in Louisiana who, because of their jobs, have a LOT of freedom. They both have very extensive records including sex-related and violent crimes against children. I have no idea how it is they both can wonder at will during the day, only having to be back in jail at night. One even has a cell phone. I keep repeating this because I think folks believe (well, he could not have committed this crime or that crime because he was in jail at the time...) I think it is possible that MAYBE some of the things found in his trailer were related to crimes that he committed WHILE he was in jail. Now -- won't the feces hit the oscillator when that is found to be true? This is my opinion -- but it is because I have always been floored at the amount of freedom some of these inmates are given. I am especially interested to find out what people who were "locked up" with BSL are saying -- and I would also like to hear if at any point he was allowed outside the prison. I pray that he was not - however -- it would not surprise me at all.

I thought we had someone on here who worked in the prisons, if not that one, and said that there was no way he was out and about, as a Level-3 sex offenders. I think it is kind of doubtful that he was given enough freedom to be able to commit murders, even if he was allowed to do something like pick up trash in a group setting.

I agree...they show no signs of looking anyplace outside of the greater Lafayette area (and surrounding areas.) And they called TES to come UP from TX twice. I don't think Mickey was ever there and I think LE has good reason to name May 19th as the date of her death.

I agree.
Seems logical to me that he did his bump and grab, struggle with Mickey, (wherever that occurred) and the rest of the time he is trying to cover his arse.

My only issue with my previous comment is that stitches are fairy simple to remove on your own. If he wanted to avoid another hospital visit merely for suture removal, he could have just removed them himself. Maybe it was for something else...

Could he have had ez-pass (or whatever it's called in La), and if so, are there any tolls anywhere on the way to Whiskey Bay? EZ-Pass allows you to drive quickly through toll areas and in addition to automatically charging you the toll, records the time and date you passed.

Oh!!! Excellent point! Those also are trackable. Big brother is watching YOU too.!!!

My only issue with my previous comment is that stitches are fairy simple to remove on your own. If he wanted to avoid another hospital visit merely for suture removal, he could have just removed them himself. Maybe it was for something else...

It doesn't seem like he was in the habit of tending to his own wounds...he was running off to hospital even when he probably needed to be in hiding, or cleaning up evidence, for example.

Teir 3 offender allowed outside the prison? I sure hope not!

MACE exposure - RightDiagnosis.com

www.rightdiagnosis.com/medical/mace_exposure.htm

Feb 1, 2012 – MACE exposure symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment information for MACE exposure (Chemical poisoning - Chloroacetophenone) with alternative ...
Rash, Fever, Pain, Headache, Fatigue, Diarrhea, All checklists

I hang out at a lot of gun shows and if I am not mistaken, true mace isn't used much anymore, if at all, because it was discovered to be toxic. I'm not even sure that real mace is even manufactured anymore. Most every personal protection spray available today is oleoresin capsicum, good old pepper spray. It's effective and not toxic in the long run. Even LE uses pepper spray, though it is available to them in stronger concentrates than it is to the general public. It's all come to be called mace, but it really isn't at all. I'm pretty sure what Mickey had was pepper spray.

While in prison ...

I figured you meant while in prison with him, but I mean the ones that are still in prison now (that were also in at the time he was in) or are they out at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne