LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legally speaking - does the Lafayette Parish grand-jury indictment for Lisa Pate mean that LE believes the murder happened in Lafayette Parish?

We need a legal person.///

He went before an Acadia Parish GJ right before he got out for the sexual offense in 2008. If they had only had enough evidence to convince the GJ back then, he would never have been released and he'd probably be languishing in Angola with Big Bubba as we speak.

if it can'tbe done, it can't be done, but
it seems like AFTER a conviction or multiple convictions, which may be the result with him, they could somehow coerce her location. at that point, if they are going to kill him, why not get her location from him? that's just my thinking. if it can't be done, it can't be done, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. personally, i don't believe in the death penalty, but if i did, i wouldn't want the murderer of my daughter being put to death if he was the only one knowing her whereabouts

ok. i'll quit :whiteflag:

I am sure Sierra Lamar's parents feel the same way as Mickey's...we can only HOPE they are either found or that one day their murderers will decide to confess and give up the information. Unfortunately, that is all we, or the justice system, can do.

:
No! What Hospital?

LGMC. I think it might have left. I can't tell, my ears are still buzzing from it hovering for so long. I'd have to go outside to see if I can hear it, but I haven't been outside after dark since May 19th.

Someone who can, please explain to me what was up with BSL petitioning to have his RSO status removed (or whatever is the proper way to state what he was asking be done).

He was 3rd Tier right? And that's the most serious "ranking"? Why would he expect for it to just get wiped?

Does that happen often, does anyone know?

Wouldn't there have to be some kind of documentation somewhere in which the reasons (from his viewpoint) why the request is expected to be entertained are stated?

LGMC. I think it might have left. I can't tell, my ears are still buzzing from it hovering for so long. I'd have to go outside to see if I can hear it, but I haven't been outside after dark since May 19th.

When Wazineh Suleiman went missing from my area they were up for DAYS!!! (and nights) the "whir" does get to you!

I think they were using infrared imaging in the woods around the lake! Her car was located about a mile away from here.
I've never known a chopper to hover THAT long around a heli pad.
Fuel is sky high! They'd land first...

Sounds more like LE!
Anybody missing in the area?
Cop chase?
Bank robbery today?

Did BSL escape??? :floorlaugh:
not funny BUT the first thing I thought when I read he will be transferred
to be charged!!!
He will escape and his paper work will magically disappear!!!

Someone who can, please explain to me what was up with BSL petitioning to have his RSO status removed (or whatever is the proper way to state what he was asking be done).

He was 3rd Tier right? And that's the most serious "ranking"? Why would he expect for it to just get wiped?

Does that happen often, does anyone know?

Wouldn't there have to be some kind of documentation somewhere in which the reasons (from his viewpoint) why the request is expected to be entertained are stated?

He has the right to petition. Chances are it would not have been granted. You never know though with the glowing report he received from the guy running the sexual offender classes. BSL was a peer tutor. That's the stuff of nightmares.

Read between the lines.

If the indictments were brought in the 15th District - that doesn't include Whiskey Bay....

What bothers me more is, doesn't a court marshal trump any warrant. If he was stationed at Fort Polk at the time, and actively a member of the military, wouldn't he be tried in a military court?.. Gotta check on that. I'll also pull some case law on jurisdictional issues.

He has the right to petition. Chances are it would not have been granted. You never know though with the glowing report he received from the guy running the sexual offender classes. BSL was a peer tutor. That's the stuff of nightmares.

Do you know if the petition was actually filed -- and if so, would it be public record?

Also -- just wondering how often it happens that a 3rd Tier RSO does actually petition -- I mean, is it commonplace? And also, how often it happens that such petitions are granted.

When Wazineh Suleiman went missing from my area they were up for DAYS!!! (and nights) the "whir" does get to you!

I think they were using infrared imaging in the woods around the lake! Her car was located about a mile away from here.
I've never known a chopper to hover THAT long around a heli pad.
Fuel is sky high! They'd land first...

Sounds more like LE!
Anybody missing in the area?
Cop chase?
Bank robbery today?

Did BSL escape??? :floorlaugh:
not funny BUT the first thing I thought when I read he will be transferred
to be charged!!!
He will escape and his paper work will magically disappear!!!

It does sound very odd to be hovering for that long. I was at Lafayette General all day today and there was no activity around there earlier. There is a very large and public park in that area with a pond. Maybe searching there for something. Everything else around there is commercial buildings and homes.

What bothers me more is, doesn't a court marshal trump any warrant. If he was stationed at Fort Polk at the time, and actively a member of the military, wouldn't he be tried in a military court?.. Gotta check on that. I'll also pull some case law on jurisdictional issues.

Seems that I remember reading somewhere that there was some hint of a threat of that happening ...? It's just a vague memory floating around. Maybe it was mentioned in some report about the way the charge/s were pled?

Wish I had a link for you, but I don't.

http://military-law.lawyers.com/Military-Law-Basics/Military-Versus-Civilian-Court-Authority.html
If a crime violates both military and state civilian law, it may be tried by a military court, a civilian court or both. Usually the two systems will coordinate to decide where the service member should be prosecuted. A military member can't be tried for the same misconduct by both a military court and another federal court. He can be tried for the same misconduct by both a military court and a state court.

Probably proof and due to the investigations of LPD and the DA's office I believe it is probably another agency calling the shots.

I believe it's the 15th jdc which covers Lafayette Acadia and Vermiion parishes
So it's not laf parish it would be the courts jurisdiction could be wrong

If he was charged by a civilian court then he would go to trial in that court. The military does not have jurisdiction over the area the assault was committed. The two legal departments (civ and mil) would communicate and work out when the court Marshal and criminal trials will happen.

Eta.. Thanks jujube... Saw your post after I replied.

Do you know if the petition was actually filed -- and if so, would it be public record?

Also -- just wondering how often it happens that a 3rd Tier RSO does actually petition -- I mean, is it commonplace? And also, how often it happens that such petitions are granted.

I think I remember his petition having something to do with the registry requirements at the time he committed the offense, but I'm not sure and will have to search for the link.

I believe it's the 15th jdc which covers Lafayette Acadia and Vermiion parishes
So it's not laf parish it would be the courts jurisdiction could be wrong

I think what was being asked, though (just before everybody...disappeared?), was whether the grand jury would not properly be the one from the parish in which the murder(s) is/are alleged to have happened.

We had just gotten on the track of the idea that, if two charges (two cases) against the same person were being looked at, though, it might be that the "second" one could legally "tag along" into the same parish, even if it (the "second" one) is alleged to have occurred in another in the same district.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx