LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a possibility Mickey was spotted in BSL's truck from the newspaper camera due to the fact TES and LE are searching further out from Lafayette OR just the truck was spotted. I wish there was more fact than rumor to work with including that of someone seeing the truck behind a print shop. I also am partial to BSL possibly committing whatever he did close to Blackham Possibly in the nearby fields or elsewhere then continuing to Bertrand and possibly home or WB. Heck, he could have even pulled behind a building and fought MS. Maybe she was briefly unconcious. This has been truly frustrating and nerve racking for myself and half of Lafayette and everyone here. Unless MS was put in WB she has to be found soon! Someone has to be close!

I think there's a possibility Mickey was spotted in BSL's truck from the newspaper camera due to the fact TES and LE are searching further out from Lafayette OR just the truck was spotted. I wish there was more fact than rumor to work with including that of someone seeing the truck behind a print shop. I also am partial to BSL possibly committing whatever he did close to Blackham Possibly in the nearby fields or elsewhere then continuing to Bertrand and possibly home or WB. Heck, he could have even pulled behind a building and fought MS. Maybe she was briefly unconcious. This has been truly frustrating and nerve racking for myself and half of Lafayette and everyone here. Unless MS was put in WB she has to be found soon! Someone has to be close!

The mystery is in why LE did not take the tape right away, if she was spotted in his truck. The tape would not have changed and yet it was stated that LE looked at it more than once before returning to finally take it.

You know it is possible that LE saw the License Plate, and knew it was BL before they released the footage of the truck. By doing this LE could get people to come forward quicker in their investigation, maybe they didn't know where he was, he wasn't home, he was at the hospital and other places like Texas...so LE didn't want to let BL think the cops are on him yet, when in Fact they were very close.

:what: wow! Creepy!

I know right, and I cannot read the license plate but doesn't it look like it is personalized with the name L in it?

LOL. If I'm not mistaken that could be a Dodge Ram 1500, year 2008 or something very close to that. It is white, I give you that. But I'm sure there are a lot like that driving around...

Wasn't BSL driving Chevy's like Silverado and Z71?

Anyway, the date of the picture is May 2009, it says so on the map.

As the mother of an adult son who was falsely accused of something, I can tell you that defense attorneys are quite necessary in our legal system, and a GOD-SEND to those who have been falsely accused. My son could well be known as a sleezy criminal right now if we hadn't been blessed with a defense attorney who took the time to dig up all kinds of exculpatory evidence----stuff that was known to the prosecution, but they sure weren't telling us that.

They have a very hard job, because somehow our society has come to believe that an accusation means the defendant is guilty. This is not always the case.

I can understand and appreciate that sentiment. It is this kind of instance which would make the job gratifying, as I have a heart for justice. (And I'm glad to hear that your son was exonerated.)

It is the other scenario I referenced, however, which prevents me from having any sort of interest in that particular variation of that profession. It is that same desire for justice which leads me to know beyond knowing that if I know someone is guilty, I simply cannot defend them.

And, to Kitty Stiletto's point, I'd never want to be forced by the state to do so.

As the mother of an adult son who was falsely accused of something, I can tell you that defense attorneys are quite necessary in our legal system, and a GOD-SEND to those who have been falsely accused. My son could well be known as a sleezy criminal right now if we hadn't been blessed with a defense attorney who took the time to dig up all kinds of exculpatory evidence----stuff that was known to the prosecution, but they sure weren't telling us that.

They have a very hard job, because somehow our society has come to believe that an accusation means the defendant is guilty. This is not always the case.

Just an addition to your comments, kgeaux, with which I agree:
IMO, it's also important to consider that some things, perhaps necessarily, are heavily weighted against the accused, in the public eye:

He/she is arrested/handcuffed/often incarcerated; charges are usually available for all to read; in a high profile case, the accused is often seen in the media in mugshot, orange jumpsuit, and LE, understandably, is usually in media assuring public they feel they have the right person in custody (and at this point, the public is NOT likely to be hearing from LE about any possible other suspects, unless they are still seeking accomplices, etc., nor any evidence that doesn't yet "fit" with their theory of the crime).

The mystery is in why LE did not take the tape right away, if she was spotted in his truck. The tape would not have changed and yet it was stated that LE looked at it more than once before returning to finally take it.

This is one reason I tend to thinking that whatever is on that tape is something more subtle than glaring -- perhaps something they were only able to tie to BSL after some other puzzle pieces fell into place -- maybe something they learned about the truck after a tip, for one possibility.

We know from our experience here that all those white trucks driving around can be darn confusing, and I think LE was uncertain about some of them, at some points.

I've been giving a bit of thought to the TDA footage. Apparently this was the last bit of crucial evidence LE gathered prior to arrest.

What could have been on that tape?

-Simple proof of the DWT having been in the area at a certain time/within a certain time frame
-Clear view of DWT, including license plate
-Clear view of DSL having MS in his "possession"
-Clear view of DSL in act of committing some sort of violent and/or subduing act against MS
-Clear view of scuffle between DSL & MS
-Clear view of DSL in possession of bike

You know, I've gone back today and read the threads from before the arrest and the day of. I think you are exactly right. The more I step outside the box and look at it, I'm pretty sure they knew who they were looking for pretty early in. I think they were watching him to rule out his harming another and waited until he was safely in the Gulf of Mexico to really put the pieces of the puzzle together.

The one thing I know that they don't know; however, is where Mickey is.

As far as that goes, today, I'm more confused than ever. I think every person around where he lives has kept and continues to keep their eyes open, up to and including searching their own property, as well as abandoned, suspicious property (right, Granny A? ). If she's there, I don't understand why she's not found.

I'm just disheartened today over it. For a long time, and even moreso once I learned of his injuries, I had never stopped hoping she had escaped. The truth of the matter is that at this point in the game, even if she had escaped, she couldn't have possibly have survived the elements this long.

So...where is she? I just don't know. I am going to pray for God to reveal something to LE to lead them to her.

LOL. If I'm not mistaken that could be a Dodge Ram 1500, year 2008 or something very close to that. It is white, I give you that. But I'm sure there are a lot like that driving around...

Wasn't BSL driving Chevy's like Silverado and Z71?

Anyway, the date of the picture is May 2009, it says so on the map.

At a glance that looks like a Ram. And BSL has never owned a Dodge pickup, or at least not registered in his name.

Good to see you all as well. And no kudos necessary. Someone brought the case to my attention and got me connected to members of the family and Duson PD who really wanted my help. And I'm happy to do so
Miss ya, slag...love this
.......'who really wanted my help'.....

You know, I've gone back today and read the threads from before the arrest and the day of. I think you are exactly right. The more I step outside the box and look at it, I'm pretty sure they knew who they were looking for pretty early in. I think they were watching him to rule out his harming another and waited until he was safely in the Gulf of Mexico to really put the pieces of the puzzle together.

The one thing I know that they don't know; however, is where Mickey is.

As far as that goes, today, I'm more confused than ever. I think every person around where he lives has kept and continues to keep their eyes open, up to and including searching their own property, as well as abandoned, suspicious property (right, Granny A? ). If she's there, I don't understand why she's not found.

I'm just disheartened today over it. For a long time, and even moreso once I learned of his injuries, I had never stopped hoping she had escaped. The truth of the matter is that at this point in the game, even if she had escaped, she couldn't have possibly have survived the elements this long.

So...where is she? I just don't know. I am going to pray for God to reveal something to LE to lead them to her.

bbm: This so much mirrors my own reactions, thoughts and feelings during this case. And I'll join you in that prayer.

This is one reason I tend to thinking that whatever is on that tape is something more subtle than glaring -- perhaps something they were only able to tie to BSL after some other puzzle pieces fell into place -- maybe something they learned about the truck after a tip, for one possibility.

We know from our experience here that all those white trucks driving around can be darn confusing, and I think LE was uncertain about some of them, at some points.

From what I was told, the first time LE viewed TDA tape they were looking for MS on her bike. After that, they were looking for the white truck. I have not seen the tape. An editor who watched four hours of it said she saw lots of trucks but the tape is in black and white and she couldn't tell one from the other.

Y'all wanna laugh at me for a second? I just realized what LE means. I swear, I am not the brigtest bulb on the Christmas tree.

Now, wanna laugh a little more? I really need someone to tell me what the "D" in DWT means.

And, I can't even put a ROFL emoticon at the end of this post, because I've apparently done something to delete it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Y'all wanna laugh at me for a second? I just realized what LE means. I swear, I am not the brigtest bulb on the Christmas tree.

Now, wanna laugh a little more? I really need someone to tell me what the "D" in DWT means.

And, I can't even put a ROFL emoticon at the end of this post, because I've apparently done something to delete it.

DWTIQ = Damn White Truck In Question

I coined this to differentiate DSL's truck from the other WTs shown on area surveillance cams in the days following LE's release of the stillframes.

DWTIQ became shortened to DWT, once the "question" part was sufficiently answered.

Damn wt darn wt or the like!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DWTIQ = Damn White Truck In Question

I coined this to differentiate DSL's truck from the other WTs shown on area surveillance cams in the days following LE's release of the stillframes.

DWTIQ became shortened to DWT, once the "question" part was sufficiently answered.

I swear, the first time I read it, I had Dancing With the Stars in my head, and I have not been able to get it out! I like yours way better!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I had to ask about the "d" as well and was put off to find that it stood for danm/dang/darn:banghead:

Imo, forensics will be the key in the indictment of BS Lavergne. With that said, I began researching the Justice System aproximately 5 years ago, which lead into missing person investigations by LE agencies in various states.
From my research, investigation decision makers are usually the DA/Prosecutor, either directly or indirectly. Due to political consequences, they will only prosecute cases that they are confident they can get a conviction...
After all their careers are dependent on it..
I am confident that the prosecution has enough evidence for a conviction of BS Lavergne for the murders of Mickey Schunick & Lisa Pate. jmho
"Now let's bring Mickey Schunick home"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member