LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest to God, years ago, I was in the insurance business. I cannot understand WHY the OMV didn't report him to the State Police on suspcion of drug trafficking. I have had them come to my office before and request my records on people for that very reason.
Just curious as to how and when he "disposed of" some of the vehicles.

ummm, when you finish reatding that book please pass it on to the Warden!

I would like to see Foxfire write a book titled something like:
"Do not be fooled by the sycopathic sexual predator who you are responsible for, no matter how many programs he signs up for".

Hey FF,

You've mentioned this several times in your postings. What makes you say/think that?

He maybe on to something apparently that girl that other posters were talking about that died in the house fire also did drugs ... Cajun net from a local topix website

We have no information at all that indicates BL had time away from prison during his sentence. Just because other prisoners may have had work releases does not mean he qualified, regardless of one shrink saying how great he was. I just don't think this speculation should be carried forth until it somehow evolves into "fact" and JMO and all that, etc. etc. etc.

I would like to see Foxfire write a book titled something like:
"Do not be fooled by the sycopathic sexual predator who you are responsible for, no matter how many programs he signs up for".

Snorted my tea up through my nose on that one. That should be framed as a mantra for women in abusive relationships. Way funny :)

We have no information at all that indicates BL had time away from prison during his sentence. Just because other prisoners may have had work releases does not mean he qualified, regardless of one shrink saying how great he was. I just don't think this speculation should be carried forth until it somehow evolves into "fact" and JMO and all that, etc. etc. etc.

Ok - so does anyone then have connections to the locations he served time and could help us find out any specifics on his incarceration at the facilities? There has to be a way to find out this information for sure.

Where does it say he sold the car the day after Hawk was found dead? :what:

I stand correct he registered a car on 8/12/08 and bought a new one on 10/31/08

Description: 1992 Honda Accord - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/12/2008
Description: Silver 2008 GMC Sierra - Crew Pickup
Title Issue Date: 10/31/2008

He also bought a new car in 2003.
Description: Red 1989 Ford Mustang - Hatchback 2 Door
Title Issue Date: 8/19/2003

moo

I just thought of something. If someone has his Power of Attorney while he was incarcerated, all of those vehicle changes make sense. I guess the next question is who had it? Obviously, he couldn't make an appearance at the DMV, but someone did.

Ok - so does anyone then have connections to the locations he served time and could help us find out any specifics on his incarceration at the facilities? There has to be a way to find out this information for sure.

If you call the prison they are going to tell you heck no. If you ask folks who have had a relative in that particular facility they will give you an answer closer to the truth.

What dawned me on last night is that with the Jennings murders it was always speculated that L/E was "involved". I have read that since the beginning. I am wondering if L/E was involved in that they may have speculated it was BSL but because he was supposed to be incarcerated they did not want it to be him to bring shame upon the prison. (That probably is not worded right, but I hope someone will rephrase it for me.)

That I do not know. I did email LE about looking at Jessica Hawk, since we at least know he was out then. Doubt they will reply, but at least I tried.

If you call the prison they are going to tell you heck no. If you ask folks who have had a relative in that particular facility they will give you an answer closer to the truth.

What dawned me on last night is that with the Jennings murders it was always speculated that L/E was "involved". I have read that since the beginning. I am wondering if L/E was involved in that they may have speculated it was BSL but because he was supposed to be incarcerated they did not want it to be him to bring shame upon the prison. (That probably is not worded right, but I hope someone will rephrase it for me.)

I think they would have compared his DNA by now. They want to solve those cases, especially with someone new taking over recently. I think Jennings is totally separate from BL.

There's no way for any of us to find out whether BSL was out on work release or not.
I don't know about other parishes but in ours, if someone is in jail, they stay in jail until they're released. We must have a good sheriff.

I know that they have tire tracks in the case of Theresa Gilcrease. I am wondering if those tire tracks match the vehicles he had registered in his name in 2002. He looks like the sketch in that murder in Alexandria, Louisiana. The date does not add up -- but :( However, if he owned a truck in 2002 -- they have the tire tracks and that is somewhat traceable, even now as the tracks would have had to come from a specific tire which fit on a specific type of truck, etc.

Respectfully- I think that it is good sleuthing to find that while in prison BSL 1.says that held more than one job, 2. attended community college, and 3. registered vehicles.
Off
Also, there was apparrently scandel involving making money off of prisoners at aveyelles during his time there. Dont wanna close down the thread again.... So just google it, please.

This is certainly not proof that he wasnt secured during his time, but it does raise my brow. Isnt this what sleuthing is?

The DNA is going to tell this tale. There are tons of new innovative things going on with DNA testing and it is going to cook this goose. :)

I know that they have tire tracks in the case of Theresa Wren. I am wondering if those tire tracks match the vehicles he had registered in his name in 2002. He looks like the sketch in that murder in Alexandria, Louisiana. The date does not match. However, if he owned a truck in 2002 -- they have the tire tracks and that is somewhat traceable, even now.

We have about four missing women cases in Rapides Parish alone. I don't think they're his thing, though. I think this guy likes "wholesome" girls.

Of course, who knows with this guy? Between jail and all his other drama, he may have just been gearing up, or my have geared up long, long, long ago, and his jail stint messed it all up for him.

I don't have a clue anymore. One second, I think I have him figured out, and the next, I realize he, himself, doesn't have himself figured out.

He's such a loose cannon. ANY scenario could fit him. We just don't know.

Here's the list. This is everything that's ever been in his name. I had to remove all the private information of course (plates, vins, social etc)

Description: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 6/13/2012

Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

Description: White 2011 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 10/28/2011

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/22/2011

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Registration Date: 12/17/09

Description: White 2009 Suzuki Equator - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Title Issue Date: 5/28/2009

Description: White 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 4 Dr Wagon Sport Utility
Registration Date: 3/28/2011

I have a question about the silver GMC pick up truck. Would or could that be a Z71 package and would it have one of the stickers on it?

Respectfully- I think that it is good sleuthing to find that while in prison BSL 1.says that held more than one job, 2. attended community college, and 3. registered vehicles.
Off
Also, there was apparrently scandel involving making money off of prisoners at aveyelles during his time there. Dont wanna close down the thread again.... So just google it, please.

This is certainly not proof that he wasnt secured during his time, but it does raise my brow. Isnt this what sleuthing is?

Not for me to say. I just know that many people come on and do not read back far enough and some will take all of this as being something "discovered" rather than speculation. Happens all the time.

Also there is a thread about him being a possible serial killer, seems like that would be the place to talk about all of the unsolved murders in LA, but again, just my little old opinion.

I stand correct he registered a car on 8/12/08 and bought a new one on 10/31/08

He also bought a new car in 2003.
moo

For a guy arrested for rape, kicked out of the armed forces, he sure seems to have a lot of cash in hand to buy a car approximately every six months. Is there a way to check when these vehicles were sold? Would you just run the VIN to see when it was sold or retitled again? Donn't know nuthin about that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne