LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to find out for certain if he did work release or not? That would be helpful.
It would seem like if a state allows a convicted rapist, or anyone in prison have limited freedom via work release that info should be made public.
I need a " understanding the world of sk's and prisons for dummies".

'Yep, and you're not even a detective or PI, I bet'...

'Sure hope your questions are answered"..

"The MS media is the spokespersons for the American Public".."Public Safety for our families are priority" "Without it, we have nothing"...
"Why aren't they asking the hard questions"...

"If there was a conflagration(large fire) in Lafayette, LA. Would the Fire Chief be aloud to keep Silent"? "I think not"..

"Silence by the MS media is the predators most lethal weapon"..

Speaking of... I have not seen any coverage at all onhis arrest or on bsl at all (besides local) surlyuurely this is BOMBSHELL worthy news

What do you mean? He's only had the Stealth since Jan. 2012
Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

It was for the next victim I guess. MOO

I was mistaken. Thought he had had it since before 1999---
Mistake.

Told you so. I KNEW he was out and about....funny that it was him buying a car that finally convinced people that wardens in Louisiana jails do thangs....any-way-they-want-to. Especially if your family is close by.

If anyone else needs proof that this does happen in our state, here's a current case of it going on right now. This is not related to BSL in any way, just showing evidence that it happens and in this state it seems to be "who you know" not "what you did".

{click here to view news stories on current case of a work release prisoner getting special treatment}

I believe that he will eventually be found guilty of the murder of the woman in New Orleans.

Are you referring to Jessica Hawk? If so, I agree. One of the articles stated that "DNA tests were done, but yielded no suspects." I wonder if that was because the perp just wasn't in the system, or if there was not enough DNA gathered at the scene to really process? If there is still DNA evidence available to test in that case, I sure hope they do it again now that BSL's DNA is available for a possible match! That sketch just looked so similar to him, and he broke into the house of the woman he got convicted of oral sexual assault so the m.o. is the same.

I am thinking they ran the DNA and it belonged to a guy who was "locked up" in Avoyelles Parish. So they came back with the "don't have DNA" answer. I say run it again.

Are the registration dates listed the most current registration "renewal" dates or the FIRST registration date? Makes a HUGE difference.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the same thing! lol

This is really freaking me out!

I'm wondering if the date doesn't update every time you renew your registration. And it's not necessarily when you 1st register the vehicle. I know its time to renew mine and they issued a new registration cert and sticker. Because he had a Dodge Stealth before he went to jail, I am almost certain.

Is there a way to find out for certain if he did work release or not? That would be helpful.
It would seem like if a state allows a convicted rapist, or anyone in prison have limited freedom via work release that info should be made public.

ummm, when you finish reatding that book please pass it on to the Warden!

BSL was at C. Paul Phelps correctional facility from 2000-2005. They do not have a work release program. Below is a link for Correctional Centers that offer it...

http://www.doc.louisiana.gov/view.php?cat=3&id=16

Sidenote... He was at Avoyelles Correctional Center from 2005-2008, and they do offer a work release program.

If the number of cars is any indication I guess there are perhaps 7 more than Mickey.
Interesting he sold his car the day after Jessica Hawk was found dead.
IF HE IS RESPONSIBLE he knew about transfer DNA~
moo

Where does it say he sold the car the day after Hawk was found dead? :what:

But honestly, do you really think he'd go to NO right after he gets out? It seems to me that he'd be going to meet up with his family in CP or Rayne, because don't you think they would've been waiting for him to come home? Of course, I understand I am looking at it from a rational point of view, and he is anything but. It just seems very far fetched to me.

Do I really think a guy would head for sin city the day he gets out of prison? Ask a 20-30 year-old male that question and see if he wants to go to Taco Bell--or to the big easy. That really is not a difficult question for most men to answer.

BSL was at C. Paul Phelps correctional facility from 2000-2005. They do not have a work release program. Below is a link for Correctional Centers that offer it...

http://www.doc.louisiana.gov/view.php?cat=3&id=16

And like I was saying - proof that a prisoner from that specific facility has in fact before been given special privileges to work on the outside during his time:

(BBM)

"Brown, along with Garden Club Treasurer Ronald Mazelby, went through the necessary steps to accomplish their mission. They sent a letter to Phelps’ Warden Robert Henderson requesting that an art student from the facility be able to work on the mural. Henderson connected the group with Constance, which got the ball rolling.

“We had to find an inmate who was classified as a trustee,” states Constance. “Trustees are inmates who can leave the compound with a guard. It basically means that we can trust them on the streets.” Inmates are classified as trustees based on their good conduct, time left to serve, and the appropriateness of the charge.
"
http://thejambalayanews.com/features/details.cfm?articleID=274

And like I was saying - proof that a prisoner from that specific facility has in fact before been given special privileges to work on the outside during his time:

(BBM)

"Brown, along with Garden Club Treasurer Ronald Mazelby, went through the necessary steps to accomplish their mission. They sent a letter to Phelps’ Warden Robert Henderson requesting that an art student from the facility be able to work on the mural. Henderson connected the group with Constance, which got the ball rolling.

“We had to find an inmate who was classified as a trustee,” states Constance. “Trustees are inmates who can leave the compound with a guard. It basically means that we can trust them on the streets.” Inmates are classified as trustees based on their good conduct, time left to serve, and the appropriateness of the charge.
"
http://thejambalayanews.com/features/details.cfm?articleID=274

Do we know for a fact that BL was a trustee?
And it does say "leave with a guard". Not just set sail on the public.

I know a guy right now in jail in La who operates a business, has a cell phone, and makes more than the warden. I guess this fact is just hard to believe if you live in a different state. Suffice is to say, being in prison here in Louisiana at the parish level is anything the sheriff of such parish says it is as far as limitations. I would say the limitations are you cannot go out of the parish and you have to check in at night. Other than that -- stay out of trouble and don't bother the sheriff. That is about it. Some prisoners go to their house every day. Some buy mobile homes and put them on the property where they work. Some apparently buy cars.

When I drove by last weekend there WAS a red Dodge Stealth sitting behind his mobile mansion!

Do we know for a fact that BL was a trustee?
And it does say "leave with a guard". Not just set sail on the public.

No we do not know that, but not knowing doesn't mean it's not a possibility. And leaving with a guard, yes, but things happen. And like I said before, in Louisiana it seems to be "who you know", so I'm not discounting this idea until we know for sure if he was or was not behind bars 100% of his time served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87