LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so but there are lots of vegan options at Taco Bell. Bean burrito, seven layer burrito, chips n cheese. I think she was seen on surveillance footage there at the time BW said they were there.
Would you share your thoughts on the significance of Taco Bell in the case?

vegan is non dairy, so chips and cheese would not be an option.

Snorted my tea up through my nose on that one. That should be framed as a mantra for women in abusive relationships. Way funny :)

I have more ideas and possible titles...if you ever find yourself in need of a laugh. Ex: "if you are giving a guy a haircut and he has a big gash in his neck and bandaged hand, do not give him your number. If he gets your number somehow, do not answer and do not tell him you will hang out with him".

I think they would have compared his DNA by now. They want to solve those cases, especially with someone new taking over recently. I think Jennings is totally separate from BL.

I agree. His DNA profile would have been entered into the state database and CODIS back in 2000. A DNA sample recovered from a victim/crime scene would have turned up a hit a long time ago.

Reminder:

Any in depth discussion of BSL's possible assocation with crimes against other victims (besides Mickey and Lisa Pate) belongs in the other thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400"]LA LA - Brandon Scott Lavergne, Acadia Parish, indicted July 18 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We have no information at all that indicates BL had time away from prison during his sentence. Just because other prisoners may have had work releases does not mean he qualified, regardless of one shrink saying how great he was. I just don't think this speculation should be carried forth until it somehow evolves into "fact" and JMO and all that, etc. etc. etc.

True. My opinion too.

My husband- who is a former employee of a certain prison- said that while there were no "formal" work release programs at this facility, there were several inmates who DROVE THEMSELVES out of the gates every morning for work in state vehicles. He said that as a mechanic, and a 1st time offender in the military, it would not surprise him AT ALL if this guy was let out to work. Un-freakin-believable!

Not saying it DID happen, only that apparently it COULD have.. just the idea sickens me.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Just wondering if he's a germaphobic on top of everything else. Rape without intercourse, seems to look for wholesome girls, burns his truck for whatever reason, and goes to the hospital for his injuries despite the risk. Don't know if this is true too, but I think I read somewhere his house was very clean.

Y'all, I was just cutting potatoes to make french fries for supper. I sliced the liver out of my left index finger. Actually, I do that often. Anyway, what I wanted to ask is this: Do any of you actually realize how much a sliced finger bleeds? A ridiculous amount of blood is lost through a finger, through the tiniest of slices. The amount of blood he lost in a finger requiring surgery is beyond comprehension.

That SOB bled like a stuck pig. He effing bled. He bled out BAD..

Right. That's why I believe the 3pm injury time is closer to the truth. He probably bled like a pig all the way to NOLA. There is no way he could have done anything but drive like the devil was chasing him with an injury of that nature.

I agree. His DNA profile would have been entered into the state database and CODIS back in 2000. A DNA sample recovered from a victim/crime scene would have turned up a hit a long time ago.

Reminder:

Any in depth discussion of BSL's possible assocation with crimes against other victims (besides Mickey and Lisa Pate) belongs in the other thread.

LA LA - Brandon Scott Lavergne, Acadia Parish, indicted July 18 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Even if NOT entered in 2000, it surely was taken last month when arrested, and can be compared to Jennings, etc...

For a guy arrested for rape, kicked out of the armed forces, he sure seems to have a lot of cash in hand to buy a car approximately every six months. Is there a way to check when these vehicles were sold? Would you just run the VIN to see when it was sold or retitled again? Donn't know nuthin about that stuff.

Hmm. I wonder if a carfax would show that info?

The mystery is in why LE did not take the tape right away, if she was spotted in his truck. The tape would not have changed and yet it was stated that LE looked at it more than once before returning to finally take it.

when was this stated? i didn't know that they looked at it more than once before taking it. i assumed that the Thursday morning of his arrest was the first time that they saw the tape. i just thought that the Advertiser didn't look at their footage until that morning and when they saw "something" they called LE and then LE came in, watched it, then made the arrest.

There will be a candlelight vigil for Keiosha Felix at 6pm on Sunday, July 29, at the park in Duson off of 4th Street. Let's show our support for her family and friends by spreading the word to bring Keiosha home.

Keiosha has been missing since April 30, 2012. If you have any information on her whereabouts please call the Duson Police Department at 337-873-6736

* or Averlock Investigations at 337-944-4222.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/findmickeynow

OT kinda.... Just finished speaking with my lawn man, who just told me he was one time engaged to Keiosha's mother, and has spoken with the mother. I actually met the mom a few times..

Weren't/aren't cars his thing? I don't find it that unusual to keep buying and selling if so. He may have been fixing them up and re-selling at a profit, or simply collecting them. As far the listing showing he supposedly bought at least one while in prison, I think that has to be proven, first all to, to be him, and then determined if he bought it from prison via a relative, etc...it does not at all point to him being out and about, to me anyway.

when was this stated? i didn't know that they looked at it more than once before taking it. i assumed that the Thursday morning of his arrest was the first time that they saw the tape. i just thought that the Advertiser didn't look at their footage until that morning and when they saw "something" they called LE and then LE came in, watched it, then made the arrest.

I was thinking the same thing. It was not on her assumed route home, so I just assumed it was not looked at until the date he was arrested. Maybe I missed something?!:confused:

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

It came out the same day of the arrest...someone was quoted as saying that LE had been by "several times" to look at the tape, and then came back the day of the arrest to confiscate it.

Maybe our fearless timeline expert can find it quicker than I can, but I will try.

Even if NOT entered in 2000, it surely was taken last month when arrested, and can be compared to Jennings, etc...

True, but I don't why his wouldn't have been entered upon his first conviction. Louisiana started collecting DNA samples from arrestees and convicted felons in 1999.

ETA:

B.(1) Any person who is convicted or enters into a plea agreement resulting in a conviction on or after September 1, 1999, for a felony or other specified offense, including an attempt, conspiracy, criminal solicitation, or accessory after the fact for such offenses committed prior to that date shall have a DNA sample drawn or taken as follows:
(a) A person who is sentenced to a term of confinement for an offense covered by this Chapter shall have a DNA sample drawn or taken upon intake to a prison, jail, or any other detention facility or institution. If the person is already confined at the time of sentencing, the person shall have a DNA sample drawn or taken immediately after the sentencing.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=79286

True, but I don't why his wouldn't have been entered upon his first conviction. Louisiana started collecting DNA samples from arrestees and convicted felons in 1999.

If his DNA was a match in an unsolved case when would the public learn about it?

If his DNA was a match in an unsolved case when would the public learn about it?

I would think fairly quickly; LE loves to bring forth new evidence in cold cases, as a rule. But they would have to go through a GJ process again, probably, for another indictment.

Has DNA testing evolved enough to identify non-secretors yet?

I know there have been sex offenders in the past whose DNA was not identified.

From what I was told, the first time LE viewed TDA tape they were looking for MS on her bike. After that, they were looking for the white truck. I have not seen the tape. An editor who watched four hours of it said she saw lots of trucks but the tape is in black and white and she couldn't tell one from the other.

Claire Taylor is a reporter for The Advertiser and posted regarding the tape at their office on Bertrand Drive.

The Lafayette Police had seen the video at least four weeks prior, maybe six weeks. They had viewed it several times and came in to seize it the day of the arrest. This was posted by Duane F. (Editor) in a forum comment.

Okay, I copied the above from post #989, thread #35...this is how this came about. Maybe Claire T can tell us for sure if Don is the editor, and if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3