LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my friend and I passed by BSL's house for only two seconds yesterday, we drove by quickly again, since of course, his address has been publicly released so it isn't private property. We didn't get out the car or anything. But there was a man working on the cars in BSL's backyard... I guess it was family.

Why didn't you stop to say hello or ask them what the hell they were doing there?

I think he probably got the dirty water from WB into his wound on his finger or his other wounds and was afraid of infection. The lakes and ponds here in Fl are very infectious..especially with an open wound. JMO

Why didn't you stop to say hello or ask them what the hell they were doing there?

Well because it wasn't my business what he was doing Haha. But he stared at us the whole time though we were only there to turn around and leave. But he had the hood of one of the cars in the back of bsls house up and he seemed to be working on it.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and since this is just my opinion it may be against policy...with that said:
BSL sought treatment for his wounds (fact). It does not seem that his wounds were life threatening due to the delay in seeking treatment by driving to NO (fact).
Question: If you had committed murder would you bring any attention to yourself what-so-ever? IMO, even a real whack-job (for lack of a better word) would lay low...real low.
Supposedly he sought treatment for his wounds on more than one occasion and at different hospitals (not fact. cajun net type info.). Once in NO and then again in TX.
IMO, he was pissed that Mickey put up a fight. It's almost as if he could get some sick satisfaction/validation for his actions by seeking help for his wounds. Instead of being humbled or scared that she actually caused damage, he bacame more brazen and entitled like, "How dare she hurt me!" Just a thought....

Interesting thoughts. To answer your question, it's possible that a person would think that by going to hospitals in a different city or state, the doctor would not make the connection between his wounds and this case. Many of them like to be daring, see what they can get away with.

Not saying it's true in this case, but some perps actually love it when their victim puts up a fight. They look at the cuts, bruises, scratches and feel a sort of pride that they were able to finally subdue them. It gives them a sense of power over them.

We may never know what was in his mind, and that may be a good thing.

I do remember the story about the fire and the pressure washers being stolen.
When was that? (in relation to Mickey's abduction) it wasn't the same night was it?

no, i believe many have stated this would be even after he burnt his truck so many don't believe it's related. (for some reason i am remembering june 6th but could be wrong, i'm sure you could find a link somewhere in the threads if you looked hard enough)

While it won't help find poor Mickey, and LE stated they were ruled out, I wish we'd hear more about the possible grave sites. Could they have been planning that fell through due to his injuries or other reasons, or plans for the future?

Is there a way I can post decent sized pictures here? I just tried, and the pictures are huge, so it stretched out the margins.

While it won't help find poor Mickey, and LE stated they were ruled out, I wish we'd hear more about the possible grave sites. Could they have been planning that fell through due to his injuries or other reasons, or plans for the future?

I have wondered the same thing. It seems like a very strange coincidence that those mounds were dug so close to BSL's trailer at that time. It also falls into place with the thought that he took Mickey to his place that night, put her somewhere, maybe under the trailer, with the plan to move her later.

No, it wasn't.

I've got to believe that LE is sitting on something spectacular. I mean, I know they have something, but whatever it is, it must be unequivocally premeditated murder worthy, which leaves me feeling every day like we are just spinning our wheels on the same old stuff. It's frustrating to me, and to y'all as well I'm sure. Guess I just had to throw that out there. :maddening:

I would think they are absolutely "sitting on something spectacular."
1st degree murder is quite the serious charge! And whatever it is the GJ knows about it. I would like to discuss what all could bring (2) First Degree murder charges, 1 being circumstantial evidence. (no body)

I am sorry I fell behind in the threads this weekend, so I apologize if this has been discussed.

Is it possible he removed the hand grips on the bike because he rode it somewhere? In his mind, separating the bike and handgrips should have removed DNA evidence? Chicken you were there, could he have riden the bike down to the water to throw it in?

Altemio Sanchez, the bike path rapist, drove the victims car to another location to draw suspicion from the area of his attack.

Also, I keep thinking that BSL wounds may have been caused by a good samaritan who witnessed something of Mickey's abduction and tried to intervene. I keep checking the news to see if there is a man/women that went missing on May 19. jmo

Your last sentence I had mentioned a couple of days ago. I don't have an opinion either way at this time, but it is something to ponder. Think what happened in the OJ case.

Words of a convicted felon(not BL)that was said to me before in a casual conversation...he said "I don't trust myself"!
And this guy would often mention that he has OCD big time! So I would have to believe that Brandon must suffer from mental illnesses. What's sad is he probably could have been put on medication, but like so many others, refused to take it! They would do society an important favor if they would take their medicine!!!Seriously!

Hello all, I have been trying to keep up, I just hope they find Mickey!!! I really am curious to know what le has on him, those are the two things my mind keeps going back to: Mickey and Evidence

I feel like she is close to his home, possibly on family property. It's just a feeling though.

I hope to God that all family property has been searched by now.

I pray every day for Mickey to be found. I know how many families never get to bring their baby home, but I can't wrap my head around Mickey never being found.

It may or may not be cajunnet, I don't know, but I know for a fact he did.

TXlams, do you know if this visit to the Tx hospital was around the time of the burning of the truck? Just curious...TIA

Words of a convicted felon(not BL)that was said to me before in a casual conversation...he said "I don't trust myself"!
And this guy would often mention that he has OCD big time! So I would have to believe that Brandon must suffer from mental illnesses. What's sad is he probably could have been put on medication, but like so many others, refused to take it! They would do society an important favor if they would take their medicine!!!Seriously!

I don't know if Brandon has ever been diagnosed with any mental illness, but I do agree that something went horribly wrong as his personality was developing.

I am just thankful that he has demonstrated strong awareness of guilt in his actions following Mickey's disappearance.

And as sick as it is, I hope and pray that the evidence is something as strong as pictures, videos or irrefutable proof that Mickey is indeed gone, because there is no body so we have to have something the jury can't dismiss.

IMO, it's a dangerous road we start down when we begin believing "medicine" helps us to make a choice between right and wrong.

Since my friend and I passed by BSL's house for only two seconds yesterday, we drove by quickly again, since of course, his address has been publicly released so it isn't private property. We didn't get out the car or anything. But there was a man working on the cars in BSL's backyard... I guess it was family.

It isn't private property anymore?????? How do you figure that?

IMO, it's a dangerous road we start down when we begin believing "medicine" helps us to make a choice between right and wrong.

I don't think it helps us to make a "choice" between right and wrong. It can however help to stave off impulses and thoughts.

It isn't private property anymore?????? How do you figure that?

Sorry I worded that wrong. It's still his property. What I mean is riding by an address when you don't even get out of the car at is not trespassing.

It is no longer considered a "crime scene". If someone would be looking at it, and poking around, that would be invasion of property. Driving past a residence that is posted on the sex offender registry, and given to the public isn't considered to be something you can't drive by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub