LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still unsure how to respond to a previous post! FThat being said I have often wondered about a storage facility as well. Has LE checked on that ? Did he have one? Would not be the first time a perp used one for that purpose

JMOO

Hey y'all, this is my first post. Could it be that BSL did not leave Lafayette with Mickey? I hate to say this but does anyone know if the landfills been searched? It seems like a dumpster would be a quick easy way to get rid of a body. I feel so bad typing this. I'll go back to lurking now.

Gotta post and run but,

Has anyone considered storage facilities, or isolated barns, sheds as a hiding place that he could place 50 gallon drums containing victims. I just remember a story where someone did this and it wasn't discovered for years. Just an option. IMO

Hey y'all, this is my first post. Could it be that BSL did not leave Lafayette with Mickey? I hate to say this but does anyone know if the landfills been searched? It seems like a dumpster would be a quick easy way to get rid of a body. I feel so bad typing this. I'll go back to lurking now.

this is my second post lol....no need to feel bad typing what you think or feel, anything could help lead to finding Mickey in my mind, you never know, it may be unpleasant but doing what we feel is right is foremost in our thoughts and actions to help out in any we can :newhere:

:welcome3:

:seeya:

hello cenla, ravynne, monkeyshine, Louisiana Lover, and stay calm!

to respond to someone's post (so that it appears in your post), press quote at the bottom of the post you want to respond to. HTH

:welcome:

Welcome to Websleuths, Gris Gris!

Thank you very much. I have been lurking for over a month then joined two days ago, right after my first post the thread was closed! I hope it wasn't me that caused that. I have done a few searches and have done a few of my own. I went to the property on Constatine Rd, which is about 5 miles from my house. Also went to WB after the bike was discovered.

I agree I don't think Mickey ever left Lafayette, as much as I hate to type that, but it is my gut feeling.

You guys are really amazing, keep up the good work!

I think in Mickey's situation his MO no longer applies.
She (may) have thrown a spoke in the wheels.

At the time he got injured whatever plan
he had flew out the window.
He headed for home.
He was injured. He needed medical assistance.
I think he went into safe mode and then he needed to distance himself.
He could have
1. Left in his truck parked inside a garage at a friends and have a friend drive him to NOLA.
2. put her in a well (are there wells in La?)
3. An old rotting barn or a condemned building.
Somewhere he had personal knowledge of, but NOT "near" his property

4. In a 55 gal drum inside a storage facility.

I disagree that Pate was "hidden"

"Pate’s remains were discovered Sept. 21, 1999, under some boards behind a home."

Had he buried her on the property she might have never been found. IMO he didn't care if she was found. He put her there to implicate the people who lived there at the time of her disappearance.

I would expect the same from him this time as well,
EXCEPT for the fact that he had to seek treatment for his wounds.

This time he does NOT want her found.
There is really no way out of this one.

My mind may change if he is charged with any additional murders.

As it stands now we only have Pate to go on...
moo
http://theadvocate.com/home/3390194-125/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

He could have followed through his plan and then injured himself. We don't know at what point he hurt his hand.

Mike Harson is district attorney. Keith Stutes and Danny Landry are assistant district attorneys. Harson rarely tries cases anymore.

Thank you!!! Stutes and Landry look "meaner" than Harson. :viking:

He headed for home.
He could have
1. Left in his truck parked inside a garage at a friends and have a friend drive him to NOLA.

"Pate’s remains were discovered Sept. 21, 1999, under some boards behind a home."

Had he buried her on the property she might have never been found. IMO he didn't care if she was found. He put her there to implicate the people who lived there at the time of her disappearance.

moo

I just wonder if there was someone else that he had a tiff with and wanted to frame and put her in their vicinity.

Thank you very much. I have been lurking for over a month then joined two days ago, right after my first post the thread was closed! I hope it wasn't me that caused that. I have done a few searches and have done a few of my own. I went to the property on Constatine Rd, which is about 5 miles from my house. Also went to WB after the bike was discovered.

I agree I don't think Mickey ever left Lafayette, as much as I hate to type that, but it is my gut feeling.

You guys are really amazing, keep up the good work!

Way to go on the searches! So where do you think they should search next? closer to Swords or closer to Whiskey Bay?

just FYI... thread 39 is back up if you guys want to catch up like I do!! :seeya:

I do not think he was really considering anything but his own selfish choices/needs. He evidently attacked two other women in the past while he was making plans to marry another. He truly believed he would not get caught, or he would not have done this to begin with. After all, he got away with LP- and probably more.

I just realized that perhaps the pending marriage itself is a trigger. He was planning to marry again right before abducting MS.

All we know is they were "talking marriage." talking marriage and actually getting engaged and planning a wedding are two different things. I think he is more the type to just talk the talk. Especially if he is trying to keep his girl or deflect from another problem. Maybe she was starting to get suspicious of him.

However... Being married is a good cover for his other "hobbies"

My sis, who is former LE says she believes he intended to keep her at his home, and may have done just that...

Perhaps that the reason for all the "evidence" that linked him to the crime and gives LE the thought that she is "gone".

JMO.

Yet they were not ruling out foul play as per LPD statement of May 21st.

This leads me to believe they knew something we did not.

He headed for home.
He could have

moo

I shudder at the thought of that possibility - but it stands out to me as one easy way he could transport and hide the body without causing suspicion. I wonder if storage facilities have been checked - but then again, because of the *shell game* he has played with bike in one location, mugging incident in another, and truck burning in yet another direction - just how many storage facilities does this encompass? I just wish somebody out there, other than BSL knows exactly where Mickey is and will speak up real soon :peace:

:cheers:

Welcome to WS Gris Gris, Monkeyshine Cenla, Ravynne, Stay Calm, & Louisiana Lover. Good to have you with us in WS.

Welcome aboard for the ride. :rollercoaster:

gkidzla too!

Yet they were not ruling out foul play as per LPD statement of May 21st.

This leads me to believe they knew something we did not.

With all the cameras around I believe they saw him in the area for an unusual period of time before 2:00am then after Mickey was last seen the truck wasn't either.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member