LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/jul/26/body-found-off-interstate-20-in-sweetwater-say/

could this be Mickey?? We know he was in Texas, and I have HEARD (could be a rumor) that he went all the way to New Mexico

I can't find anymore on this body? The articles on finding it came out on the 27th. Has anyone heard more?

then again, i don't think he'd take her all the way to Texas. I guess I just want her to be found so badly that I'm not thinking logically.

so does anyone else think it's possible to be Mickey?? I mean he COULD have wrapped her body in a blue FEMA tarp or something of the likes and put her in the back of the truck on the floor and drove to Texas. Foxfire, do you think that's totally out of the question for this type of killer? Is it more likely he put her close to home? I know that I would be too afraid to drive to Texas with a body my car, but don't these killers not have fear like normal people do? Also, when you stop and REALLY think about it, as he may have, if you aren't speeding, there's really no reason to be pulled over on your way to Texas. So in his mind, he may have thought, why NOT drive her to Texas?

Someone tell me nicely that I'm being ridiculous and desperate and I'll give up on this notion of this body being Mickey.

when was this stated? i didn't know that they looked at it more than once before taking it. i assumed that the Thursday morning of his arrest was the first time that they saw the tape. i just thought that the Advertiser didn't look at their footage until that morning and when they saw "something" they called LE and then LE came in, watched it, then made the arrest.

I was told (I work at TDA) that LE looked at our tape early on, but was looking for MS on her bike. Later, they returned again to look for the truck. The third time, they took a copy of the tape. I did not see the tape. But an editor who reviewed 4 hours of it said it's in black and white and all the trucks looked the same to her.
I also was told that our people looked at the tape early on looking for MS on her bike and did not see her.

The Lafayette Police had seen the video at least four weeks prior, maybe six weeks. They had viewed it several times and came in to seize it the day of the arrest. This was posted by Duane F. (Editor) in a forum comment.

Okay, I copied the above from post #989, thread #35...this is how this came about. Maybe Claire T can tell us for sure if Don is the editor, and if this is true.

Dwayne Fatherree is metro editor at The Daily Advertiser.

so does anyone else think it's possible to be Mickey?? I mean he COULD have wrapped her body in a blue FEMA tarp or something of the likes and put her in the back of the truck on the floor and drove to Texas. Foxfire, do you think that's totally out of the question for this type of killer? Is it more likely he put her close to home? I know that I would be too afraid to drive to Texas with a body my car, but don't these killers not have fear like normal people do? Also, when you stop and REALLY think about it, as he may have, if you aren't speeding, there's really no reason to be pulled over on your way to Texas. So in his mind, he may have thought, why NOT drive her to Texas?

Someone tell me nicely that I'm being ridiculous and desperate and I'll give up on this notion of this body being Mickey.
I don't see why it's not possible that this could be Mickey. Sure, it's possible.
We'll have to wait to hear the results, hopefully soon.

I was told (I work at TDA) that LE looked at our tape early on, but was looking for MS on her bike. Later, they returned again to look for the truck. The third time, they took a copy of the tape. I did not see the tape. But an editor who reviewed 4 hours of it said it's in black and white and all the trucks looked the same to her.
I also was told that our people looked at the tape early on looking for MS on her bike and did not see her.

thanks. i ended up catching up this morning and saw ypur posts from earlier. i guess whatever is on the video doesn't shout out at the viewer. after the press conference i assumed there was something "big and bold" on the video - her bike in the back, but now I'm thinking it must be something not "obvious"

http://www.ktxs.com/news/NOLAN-COUN...er/-/14769632/15769618/-/6bghc7z/-/index.html

Update on sweetwater body. Time frame correct 2 months, but locals think it is body of man who's truck was abandoned....could BSL have aquired another truck and staged another crime scene?

after watching the video, the truckstop guy said he hoped it wasn't the body of an old man who would park his truck at his shop then walk to town. he says he hasn't seen the old man in a couple months.

how long will it take for DNA to come back?

How far is Sweetwater from where he burned his truck?

Texas is a very big state and unfortunately, many bodies will probably be found there as time goes along. I think it is very unlikely that Mickey was ever taken to TX. Would have made more sense to take the bike as well and leave it down there and it may never have been connected to Mickey at all.

Texas is a very big state and unfortunately, many bodies will probably be found there as time goes along. I think it is very unlikely that Mickey was ever taken to TX. Would have made more sense to take the bike as well and leave it down there and it may never have been connected to Mickey at all.

yes. you are right. now that i see the sweetwater is waaaaaaaay on the other side of texas, it makes no sense

'LOL, psychopaths seldom admit to being psychopaths'...
According to statistics, aproximately 05% of the members & lurkers on this board have psychopathic personalities...

:what::what::what:

What exactly did LE find that made them charge bsl with aggravated kidnap, rather than regular kidnap? I could be over thinking, but usually aggravated kidnap is when evidence is found that they targeted and planned an attack on a certain person and of course, if they used a weapon

Hey! I've been away from the thread for a couple of days so locals may have already shared, but wanting to find out if any posters participated in and were trained by EquiSearch on Saturday. How did it go? So wanted to be there myself; I had family events (son's birthday) and couldn't attend.

First I would like to welcome you and thank you for an excellant post. I as well believe that there can be many pros to work release programs. It is very easy in hindsight to find flaws in many things/areas.

The purpose of posting the information I did above, is that the original information first posted was different than the information currently on the correctional website.

There had been debate as to whether or not there was the possibility that BSL could of been on a work release program. When many of us first checked into the possibility, we found that indeed he could of been.

It was then stated of late this could not be the case as these programs were not available at the correctional institutions during specific time frames. I was perplexed, as the information recently posted was different than what I had originally seen. This creates confusion and misinformation.

The purpose of posting this was not with respect to the merits of work release programs, it was to maintain a record which could be referred to at later dates. I am sure many are aware how quick information can be updated/altered on the world wide web.

:welcome:

BBM... I posted the original information which I took directly from the State of Louisiana's Department of Corrections website... I assure you, it wasn't altered. I'm very careful about anything I post, and whether or not it comes from a reliable/verified source.
What info is different in the site you posted? The list you provided of correctional centers that offer the work release program also excludes J. Paul Phelps C C. Unless it's listed somewhere else in the post, which could very likely be the case, and I'm just not seeing it. Also, the info related to the educational programs offered, LTC for example, is the same on both sites... Just wondering where the misinformation, specifically, is that you are claiming???
I could be wrong, and I'm a-okay with that... Just hoping you can point out to me the difference, because I'm still not seeing, on either sites, that he might have been out on work release...
As far as the educational programs offered by the cc's, the site I posted said LTC offered a program for diesel fuel repair, as well as many others in their vocational program... Is this different from the information you have?
Hopefully you can point out the inaccurate info you referenced so I can go back and edit it, if need be... Thx.

The info I posted shows that Avoyelles did have a work release program... So, possible he was on it from 2005-2008...

justwannahelp, remains are located almost daily on Interstates across the US.
The scenarios of methods that BSL could have used in the disposal of her remains are as limitless as the location. There have been many bodies disposed of in Texas that remain unidentified even decades later. After reading the above linked article, it is not difficult to understand why; 'Silence by LE'..

* The Texas Rangers on Thursday afternoon used lasers to map out the scene where the body was recovered for reference. Frieda declined to say if the body was clothed.

"I really don't want to get into the intimate details of that," Frieda said. "We have the remains, and we have several pieces of evidence that we've collected."

Frieda said he would not release any more information about the case because of the ongoing investigation.

'LOL, psychopaths seldom admit to being psychopaths'...
According to statistics, aproximately 05% of the members & lurkers on this board have psychopathic personalities...

OK, after reading this I had to post this old e-mail I got. I will tell you I got the right answer. How many of you will?

Blank Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result.
This is not a trick question. All the information you need is provided in the four sentences below. No one I know has gotten it right.
A woman, while at the funeral of her mother, met this guy whom she did not know. She thought the guy was amazing, her dream man! She fell in love with him instantly, but never asked for his phone number and
could not find him after the funeral. A few days later she killed her sister.
Question: What is her motive in killing her sister? (Give this some thought before you answer) then scroll down for the answer.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
Answer:
She was hoping that the guy would appear at the funeral again.
If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.
This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to test if someone has
the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly. If you didn't answer the question correctly,
good for you - you're normal.
If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off of my email list unless that will tick you off, then I'll just be extra nice to you from now on .

:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member