LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what confuses me: Lisa Pate's body was dumped behind a house and covered with three boards right? Ok...I know it sounds crass, but surely there was a godawful stench there long before only bones were found. There had to be buzzards in the immediate vicinity. I am just not understanding why it took those months to find her. Even if the site was somewhat isolated, there is no mistaking the scent of something decomposing, and something as big as a human body would smell for a good long time.
Even the sister of KA said she helped clean out the house after her brother was killed, so surely if LP's body had been there then, she would have at least questioned the smell so close. I am just wondering when her body was actually put there.

This is a good point....I think he buried her there..then placed the boards on top to know the location. When LP's bones were found...they didn't say anything about them being wrapped in anything. And i doubt if he could move a body after it started to decompose unless wrapped in something. So i think he probably buried her deep enough to not notice the smell or birds. And the rain after a couple of months brought the bones to the surface. He may have done this with Mickey..buried her and marked the spot with something on top

In the last pictures I saw of him and his gf (the one with the two small children,) she isn't all that petite and she isn't blonde. Is she not the LAST girlfriend?

Correct his recent gf was a somewhat petite blonde. Not the one with young children in the pic on the sofa

OT- I am feeling a little humbled today as I had sent Charlie a Petsmart card a few weeks ago, for Mickey's pets, and I received a card from her in the mail yesterday; she must have had to look up my address, etc. as I did not include it and she wrote a very nice note. I'd like to think I would do the same in her terrible situation, but I can't say for sure. Mickey really had an amazing family and her loss is everyone's loss.

That's beautiful. <3

OK, after reading this I had to post this old e-mail I got. I will tell you I got the right answer. How many of you will?

Blank Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result.
This is not a trick question. All the information you need is provided in the four sentences below. No one I know has gotten it right.
A woman, while at the funeral of her mother, met this guy whom she did not know. She thought the guy was amazing, her dream man! She fell in love with him instantly, but never asked for his phone number and
could not find him after the funeral. A few days later she killed her sister.
Question: What is her motive in killing her sister? (Give this some thought before you answer) then scroll down for the answer.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
Answer:
She was hoping that the guy would appear at the funeral again.
If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.
This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to test if someone has
the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly. If you didn't answer the question correctly,
good for you - you're normal.
If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off of my email list unless that will tick you off, then I'll just be extra nice to you from now on .

:blushing:

Although amusing, I am calling bs on this "test"... And not just because I got it right immediately. ;) I only bring it up because a few posters seemed to take it as fact, but there are more holes in it than I care to type on my phone. It has been debunked on other sites.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp

If he didn't go off shore for a couple of wks...that would be a long time for a body to be under his trailer in the heat for someone not to notice..jmo

Hmm. Yes, that would get noticed that's for sure.

I just returned from a quick trip to Mississippi, and since I was the passenger this time, I was able to get a better look at things around me. I really do have to say that the Whiskey Bay exit/bridge/area will never be the same to me. I think of Mickey every time we pass. :(

I also noted something that might be inane for some, but I thought maybe some out-of-towners might like to know: that area, pretty much the entire Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, is abundantly overgrown, being summer and all. I can see the trouble with the searching, just from the bridge. The foliage is overgrown and lush, and looking for something specific would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Also, I don't know if this was ever noted before I joined, but I know there was talk of there not being enough room to pull over at the Whiskey Bay exit, which is true, but FWIW, there is plenty of shoulder room before and after the exit.

I was working in New Orleans the Monday after Mickey vanished, and had no idea what had happened until I got home. When I got back to town on Wednesday and heard the news, my heart broke. I don't know what it is about this child that has to power to make you want to protect her like your own, but that child HAS it.

I pass over the Atchafalaya Basin each Monday on my way to New Orleans, and I pass over it again each Wednesday on my way home. I look for her, both ways. Sometimes, I worry about not watching the traffic, because I'm looking for Mickey.

You're absolutely right about the Basin. The only real exit is Whiskey Bay. I just don't know. I wish I knew where she was.

I love everyone's passion here for finding Mickey. I had the thought today that once she's found...where do we all go from here?

I'm worried that finding you all is sending me into a very, very, very dark place. I love you all, but I wish I had never found you, if you understand what I'm saying. We are all of the same heart.

She haunts me. He haunts me. My heart just hurts and I want her home.

This is what confuses me: Lisa Pate's body was dumped behind a house and covered with three boards right? Ok...I know it sounds crass, but surely there was a godawful stench there long before only bones were found. There had to be buzzards in the immediate vicinity. I am just not understanding why it took those months to find her. Even if the site was somewhat isolated, there is no mistaking the scent of something decomposing, and something as big as a human body would smell for a good long time.
Even the sister of KA said she helped clean out the house after her brother was killed, so surely if LP's body had been there then, she would have at least questioned the smell so close. I am just wondering when her body was actually put there.

Yep, It would definitely smell. I know I've ridden past stinky areas and thought it was "just an animal"- in my case it most likely was. At least I hope so. I do tend to recall someone mentioning ( no link- I am so bad at that) that the neighbor next door said buzzards were circling for while.

This is exactly why I don't think he killed the woman in New Orleans. She was in her own home, so she wasn't exactly at the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think it's his "style" to murder a woman in her own familiar surroundings. His unfamiliarity with the home would make him too nervous and he'd be thrown off. Now, if she had been leaving her home and he came upon her and took her away to where he was more comfortable, I could believe that. I think he needs to feel comfortable and in control when he does what he does. My opinion only of course.
bbm

I absolutely agree. It's true he attacked the 1999 victim in her home, but it was in an area familiar to him. The victim recognized his voice because he had formerly dated her relative, so there was a degree of familarity in that respect, as well. In the Hawk case, BSL would have been in the Bywater area of New Orleans. Knowing that area as well as I do, I believe he would have been a fish out of water. It's an urban neighborhood with houses and businesses clustered close together. The residents are culturally and ethnically diverse, and many residents live alternate lifestlyes. A far cry different from the rural environment familiar to BSL. I posted in the other thread that if BSL happened to wander down there, he'd be in a hurry to find his way out. (I base that opinion partly on the reactions of some of my own out of town acquaintances when I've shown them around the Bywater.) No way do I see BSL skulking around that neighborhood, peeking in windows, and stabbing JH to death inside her own home with people nearby on the very day he was released from prison 150 miles away. That crime involved a huge degree of risk, and I don't think BSL is quite that brazen. JMO

From what I read this morning, it seems the woman in NO may have been killed as early as the Friday night, 2 days before BL would have been released from prison. Apparently there were witnesses who had seen someone peeking in her window, on that night or one prior. I think the info is on the thread about BL & serial killing.
You must have read my post where I quoted one of the original Times Picayune articles about JH's death. According to the article she was last seen Friday, (August 8, 2008), by Dr Bob, the guy who provided the description for the sketch. He claims that after he chased away the peeper on Friday, he warned Jessica about him.

The discovery came after a peculiar Friday night incident that rattled a neighbor.

Shaffer was able to scare the man away with a bright spotlight and later warned Hawk.

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1218605009272350.xml&coll=1

Do we know for certain that bsL went back to work? The timeline has him returning on July4 after about 2 weeks offshore. He got his haircut June 20. If he left for work June 21 and returned July 4 that is 13 days.
His hand would have had 4 weeks to heal. Would his hand be healed enough to work as a mechanic 4 weeks after surgery?

Aci would stand out no matter. He's a lot younger than you think & quite Adams for a youngster...just don't see him in a trench coat though. Bike shorts & a baseball bat??
:)

Freudian slip? LOL.

I just returned from a quick trip to Mississippi, and since I was the passenger this time, I was able to get a better look at things around me. I really do have to say that the Whiskey Bay exit/bridge/area will never be the same to me. I think of Mickey every time we pass. :(

I also noted something that might be inane for some, but I thought maybe some out-of-towners might like to know: that area, pretty much the entire Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, is abundantly overgrown, being summer and all. I can see the trouble with the searching, just from the bridge. The foliage is overgrown and lush, and looking for something specific would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Also, I don't know if this was ever noted before I joined, but I know there was talk of there not being enough room to pull over at the Whiskey Bay exit, which is true, but FWIW, there is plenty of shoulder room before and after the exit.

I have never looked at WB the same since Carrie Yoder and Pam Kinamore were both dumped there by Derrick Todd Lee.

Foxfire, did you see my post from yesterday.post Number 402
I said this in jest but think it would be a good idea.

This is a good point....I think he buried her there..then placed the boards on top to know the location. When LP's bones were found...they didn't say anything about them being wrapped in anything. And i doubt if he could move a body after it started to decompose unless wrapped in something. So i think he probably buried her deep enough to not notice the smell or birds. And the rain after a couple of months brought the bones to the surface. He may have done this with Mickey..buried her and marked the spot with something on top

That makes perfect sense.

i too read that he was nervously rubbing his fingers over the cuffs. which article was that? whoever wrote it got a look at his hands.

That was my story in The Daily Advertiser. Unfortunately, with the mix-up between the jail and the chief judge and the courthouse, I had to watch the arraignment in the courthouse via video linkup. It was clear enough to see his movements but not clear enough to see cuts or wounds on his hands. I did not see bandages on his hands.

Thanks for the link!! Yes, that's our ClaireT. I might have been incorrect, but she might have said she couldn't get a good look, maybe meaning a close enough look to see scars or anything. Sorry if I caused confusion!

if I am not mistaken that information about his rubbing his hands was from a tevevised news report.

Sorry if this has already been asked but who if anyone of BSL's family members where there at the court house for the GJ?

I'm pretty certain no one from the family was there. I was in the lobby of the Sheriff's Office afterwards and overheard the receptionist say BSL's mother called for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx