LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noted about Derrick Todd Lee; as far as his victims left at WB; the first (known) one he left there, among the growth and with a tire sort of covering her; she was found fairly quickly. The next one, it is believed that he pulled over and literally threw the body from the bridge, and she was found in the water some time later. Makes me wonder if BL had followed the trial, or even read the book. If so, I doubt he would simply place Mickey as carelessly as he did the bike. Of the two options, water vs. land, water would seem to provide the better chance at the victim not being found.

To me, it would be a good bet that he followed the coverage. I live in Mississippi, but originally from La. and I followed EVERYTHING. Back then it was the Court TV boards and many of us practically lived on those forums. Now, throw in a macabre interest, so yes...but then again, he was incarcerated in 2003 so who knows how much he was able to keep up with it.

To me, it would be a good bet that he followed the coverage. I live in Mississippi, but originally from La. and I followed EVERYTHING. Back then it was the Court TV boards and many of us practically lived on those forums. Now, throw in a macabre interest, so yes...but then again, he was incarcerated in 2003 so who knows how much he was able to keep up with it.

Maybe he read the book after he got out; you are right, he probably did not get to follow along as much as most people. Anyway, I am sure he heard enough of the basic details, even while in prison.

Ya'll go search youtube for "HBO AUTOPSY". Dr Michael Baden is one heck of a medical examiner and it will give you a good insight into how DNA and evidence is used (HBO made it super entertaining as well). One of the better ones is on the Tinning children. A little off topic but it pertains to how cases with little leads or suspicions are solved. I wish this show still played and aired new episodes

If LE found blood, it is possible to determine if it came from someone alive or deceased.

Although blood volumn is one way, there are other fluids which will indicate that a person is no longer living. This body matter could include such things as urine et al.

Maybe he read the book after he got out; you are right, he probably did not get to follow along as much as most people. Anyway, I am sure he heard enough of the basic details, even while in prison.

If he's a reader, I'd love to get a look at his library.

The fact that BSL sough treatment for his wounds makes me believe he got way more than he bargained for with Mickey, therefore, he would be more reactive (out of anger, surprise) as opposed to proactive (covering his tracks, etc..) when it came to placing Mickey somewhere. In a nutshell, his standard MO and "serial killer" characteristics may have taken a back seat. His refusal to identify her location, imo, is a control issue thing. It's his ace up his sleeve, so to say. Sick.... All this is purely my opinion.

This is one aspect that still makes me go hhhhhmmmmmm.

Mickey is 5 1 like me. Even in survival mode, I still find it difficult to believe that she made this number of stab wounds as he could of or should of been able to gain control of her.

This is one thing no matter how I try I cannot come up with an explanation that satifies me. Need to think more on this.

I would think the area has been searched thoroughly.
Those 3 apparant gravesites have me baffled. They may not be tied to BSL at all, but they certainly have me baffled. Why 3?

http://goo.gl/maps/lgfDe

Not sure if I did this right, but I found this while looking around on google maps. This is right near BSL's home.

Would he possibly have a side job working the door at artmosphere?

I can assure you he doesn't work there. I dated a bartender and was there a lot for a few months. Still go like twice a month and always get the scoop on who is fired/hired.

This is one aspect that still makes me go hhhhhmmmmmm.

Mickey is 5 1 like me. Even in survival mode, I still find it difficult to believe that she made this number of stab wounds as he could of or should of been able to gain control of her.

This is one thing no matter how I try I cannot come up with an explanation that satifies me. Need to think more on this.

It's 2am... its possible he had been out and had a few prior to trolling around. Maybe the alcohol is a trigger. Or maybe the mace/pepper spray caught him off guard. It does hurt. Back in DTL's reign of terror my mother made my sister and I carry mace - me, being oh so bright, decided to make sure it sprayed (outside- on a windy day) :eek:

Not good...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

In my opinion, I do think he had a list of potential victims. LE said they thought it was random, but they might be keeping other things private. I dont think mickey was random. I think he watched her for some time. Like I said no evidence released makes me think this, just my opinion. But the fact that he had other females items makes me think he stalked them before hand. His Duson property is so close to where she worked.

It's 2am... its possible he had been out and had a few prior to trolling around. Maybe the alcohol is a trigger. Or maybe the mace/pepper spray caught him off guard. It does hurt. Back in DTL's reign of terror my mother made my sister and I carry mace - me, being oh so bright, decided to make sure it sprayed (outside- on a windy day) :eek:

Not good...

The mace might of taken him off guard, I think it would of increased his anger. Many have brought up alcohol/drugs etc., I have not been able to convince myself that this would again not of enraged him more.

Some have mentioned a good samaratin. Still thinking on this.

I am sure someone will come up with a scenerio that will give me that ah ha moment :)

I have a question.....If you have agg kidnapping ..which is a felony...and can be life in prison....and they know they can charge bsl with that....can they put 1st degree murder in on the agg kidnapping charge without much evidence? Same with LP..because of some evidence they had back in 99? They can get a grand jury to say yes..with just the agg kidnapping charge????? Sometimes murder 1 can be automatic with agg kidnapping??? Is this right? I was reading on this and it sounds like they go hand in hand???

Yes, Marsha Sills, a reporter with The Baton Rouge Advocate's Acadiana bureau out of Lafayette, quoted a neighbor of BSL's saying she noticed a lot of buzzards around the neighborhood. There are fields around there. Probably crops. Maybe the neighbor meant black birds?

Doubt it, ClaireT..
Most country folks know the difference between buzzards and crows/black birds..Their behaviors are much different, as well as their size. Crows/black birds and buzzards/vultures all have a distinct sound.

Crow/raven sounds
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbdcy-pH94"]crow attacks buzzard in sky above orchard - YouTube[/ame]

Buzzard/vulture sounds
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1dFFzKfDs&feature=related"]What does a buzzard sound like? - YouTube[/ame]

The mace might of taken him off guard, I think it would of increased his anger. Many have brought up alcohol/drugs etc., I have not been able to convince myself that this would again not of enraged him more.

I am sure someone will come up with a scenerio that will give me that ah ha moment :)

I have seen this theory tossed around a few times now, but I find it very difficult to believe that if someone had intervened at some point, we would not have heard from them....JMO

In my opinion, I do think he had a list of potential victims. LE said they thought it was random, but they might be keeping other things private. I dont think mickey was random. I think he watched her for some time. Like I said no evidence released makes me think this, just my opinion. But the fact that he had other females items makes me think he stalked them before hand. His Duson property is so close to where she worked.

We don't know the items he had from the multiple women. It seems that the things he had contained some info about the women, at least names because le has been able to contact them. So it is not items like clothing but more like bills taken from a mailbox, maybe???? Seems like it would be difficult to get multiple drivers licenses. So why would someone want to keep this kind of thing? Granted I do not think like he does but it seems to me he could have been watching some of them.
I think he watched Mickey for a while,too. Most people seem to think it was random, that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that may be what happened. But my gut tells me he had seen her before....many times.

I have a question.....If you have agg kidnapping ..which is a felony...and can be life in prison....and they know they can charge bsl with that....can they put 1st degree murder in on the agg kidnapping charge without much evidence? Same with LP..because of some evidence they had back in 99? They can get a grand jury to say yes..with just the agg kidnapping charge????? Sometimes murder 1 can be automatic with agg kidnapping??? Is this right? I was reading on this and it sounds like they go hand in hand???

If I'm not mistaken, murder 2 becomes murder 1 when another felony is committed.. rape, aggravated kidnapping, etc. So technically speaking, if they definitely have him on the kidnapping charge, the fact that this amount of time has passed without Mickey, they "could" assume murder. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do not think that is the case though. Her father was quoted after the GJ saying it "solidified" for them that Mickey would not be returning alive. I agree with the other posters. I believe they have photos or some other hard, undeniable evidence that Mickey was murdered.

I have seen this theory tossed around a few times now, but I find it very difficult to believe that if someone had intervened at some point, we would not have heard from them....JMO

I believe the speculation with that theory is that the good samaratian is no longer with us.

It probably did increase his anger... but if your eyes are full of it, you're not going to be able to see for a little while. My eyes watered, and face burned for about 20 minutes just catching some of it in the wind. In my opinion, it would be easy to stab someone a few times in the back when they are stooped down holding their face... and the arms, neck and finger injuries could have happened when he tried to regain contol- but couldn't see too well. Idk- maybe I just like thinking Mickey gave him hell.
I don't think this is a good samaritan case. Possible? Sure. Unlikely? Very.

We don't know the items he had from the multiple women. It seems that the things he had contained some info about the women, at least names because le has been able to contact them. So it is not items like clothing but more like bills taken from a mailbox, maybe???? Seems like it would be difficult to get multiple drivers licenses. So why would someone want to keep this kind of thing? Granted I do not think like he does but it seems to me he could have been watching some of them.
I think he watched Mickey for a while,too. Most people seem to think it was random, that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that may be what happened. But my gut tells me he had seen her before....many times.

You're right. We "heard" LE had found multiple ID's but it was never really substantiated by any "reputable" news source, so in all honesty, it could be anything.
I also believe that he had at least seen Mickey before that night.

It makes me wonder about a good Samaritan too. Someone else bigger than MS that inflicted the injuries to BSL. Are there any men missing from that night that BSL might have had to hide along w/MS? Might explain the need to steal 2 pressure washers (if he was the one that stole them). Cleaning up after 2 victims? No way to completely get his truck clean so he torched it?

Totally MOO , just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member