LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the police ever find any real evidence yet that he killed her?

just a thought

It was mentioned earlier that he replaced the skirting on his home after Mickey went missing. Possibly the skirting was used to conceal her body? Made a "coffin" or used it to cover her body after buried to keep it from being easily discovered?

Forgive me for not being able to find it now but I believe Claire T stated the reason LE didn't take the tape right away. Toddler will not let me use phone long enough to find post, sorry.

I was told (I work at TDA) that LE looked at our tape early on, but was looking for MS on her bike. Later, they returned again to look for the truck. The third time, they took a copy of the tape. I did not see the tape. But an editor who reviewed 4 hours of it said it's in black and white and all the trucks looked the same to her.
I also was told that our people looked at the tape early on looking for MS on her bike and did not see her.

This is the post from Claire; does not really explain why LE did not take the tape, except that I guess they did not see anything in it the first few times.

I was told (I work at TDA) that LE looked at our tape early on, but was looking for MS on her bike. Later, they returned again to look for the truck. The third time, they took a copy of the tape. I did not see the tape. But an editor who reviewed 4 hours of it said it's in black and white and all the trucks looked the same to her.
I also was told that our people looked at the tape early on looking for MS on her bike and did not see her.

I found it, so it did not state why they did not take the tape but did include useful information.

just a thought

It was mentioned earlier that he replaced the skirting on his home after Mickey went missing. Possibly the skirting was used to conceal her body? Made a "coffin" or used it to cover her body after buried to keep it from being easily discovered?

am I crazy? the trailer house has all its skirting in the police picture, but the other pictures posted by one of our members shows all kinds of skirting missing?

am I crazy? the trailer house has all its skirting in the police picture, but the other pictures posted by one of our members shows all kinds of skirting missing?

Thought it was mentioned earlier that LE had removed the skirting...

In a case like this where a grand jury has seen enough evidence to go to court and the offender is a tier 3 RSO, I would like for le to be able to use different tactics to get the victims location. By different tactics I mean different from what would be used on a first time or non violent offender.
Of course a defendant has rights and I think it is important to uphold them.
But a case like this is different, IMO.
The defendant has a history of violent sexual assault and the gj passed a true bill. The loved ones of the missing have rights too.
I don't know about severe torture in all cases but there are probably mind games and psychology that a trained person could try...if it were legal.
----------------

There is this technology that was introduced years ago called:

"Brain Fingerprinting"

A suspect would have electrodes placed on the scalp, attached by wires to a computer. Then the suspect would be shown a series of images of evidence, etc. that only LE and the perp. would know. The scientists could read from the brainwave responses if the suspect was the perp.

The results are now admissable in courts of law.

It was said to have been used to exonerate someone wrongly convicted. I also read that there is a waiting list a mile long. And I don't know how it can be administered legally.

I learned about this procedure several years ago, when I was researching: "breakthroughs in forensic science," and wonder how it can be utilized at the present time.

Maybe Foxfire knows.

About the video at the advertiser. Maybe the police changed their mind about the time on the videos and that may have prompted a re-visit to the advertiser. In the beginning it seemed like they were asking people to check their videos around the time she would have been on her bike riding her route - 1:50 to 2:30. But, it seemed like later that it was mentioned by LE that they were interested in video until 4:00 am. I don't know but, that would seem to suggest, and it's just my opinion, that maybe they felt like he stayed in the area for a bit and didn't leave right away.

I've been thinking lately of some of the cases where the perp. deliberately went to private property in order to hide a victim.

I think in the case of trying to find Polly Klaas, a property owner noticed a strange truck parked down her road at night, and reported it to LE, who searched and found Polly's body on that private property.

That perp. used someone else's private property, not his own.

I went to Breaux Bridge last night hang around with a few buddies of mine. Just driving to his home there's so many desolate wooded area's it is unbelievable. I even passed an abandoned RV in some woods right off the road I was on. Unless someone finds MS by accident or someone figures out her location we may never have all the answers. I'm hoping LE uncovers something more. It's going on 3 months now and everything seems to be coming to a halt. Does anyone know the status of TES?

I would be agreeable to using truth serum in a case like this, though I don't know how reliable it is.
Different things would work for different people.
Hypnotism....give it a try. IMO

Truth serum is not as effective as we'd like to think. I've read somewhere that psychopaths and sociopaths actually will lie their way through interviews while under the influence of truth serum. (I mentioned awhile back that I watched a French documentary about this rapist/murderer who was being given truth serum in an IV. He lied about everything, even his name. The whole experience was like this enjoyable game to him.)

Hypnotism is VERY unreliable, simply because the hypnotist can inadvertently make suggestions and actually change the subject's memory of events.

It is so frustrating that we haven't found Mickey. I "wish" BSL would tell authorities where to find her, but I don't believe he will.

In order to feel a compulsion to confess, one must first feel guilt, and I don't know if Brandon is capable of that.

He'll only tell, IMO, if telling earns him something he wants very much.

"He'll only tell, IMO, if telling earns him something he wants very much"

Unfortunately I completely agree.

I apologize that this is out of sequence with what y'all are talking about.

I have taken the last several days and reread much of the threads, news articles and so on. I cannot get past this...

The camera at 216 St. Landry caught the hooptie and a white truck. But it did not catch a glimpse of Mickey. I cannot come up with any reference at all that she was seen on this camera. This once again leads me to believe that something happened to her before she passed that camera.

Arnaudville is a smaller town that Churchpoint. Bayou Teche runs through it and eventually goes to the Atchafalaya. You can drive back roads from Swords to Arnaudville and then to Breaux Bridge or Henderson close to Whiskey Bay.

Interestingly enough, just as BSLs Duson property is close to the border of Acadia parish and Lafayette parish, and his Swords property is on part of a narrow strip of St Landry parish, almost in Acadia parish ( He's also just south of Evangeline parish), parts of Arnaudville are in St Landry parish and parts are in St Martin Parish .It would seem LE would
know of any purchased property but I wonder if he has some property in Arnaudville he may be renting or leasing.

I don't see him putting Mickey in the Teche. There are too many homes and businesses on it's banks in small towns as well as boaters.

I will have to go back and look but I do think I saw that he at one time lived very close to the Teche. As I am positive I Thought about ths as well.

I went to Breaux Bridge last night hang around with a few buddies of mine. Just driving to his home there's so many desolate wooded area's it is unbelievable. I even passed an abandoned RV in some woods right off the road I was on. Unless someone finds MS by accident or someone figures out her location we may never have all the answers. I'm hoping LE uncovers something more. It's going on 3 months now and everything seems to be coming to a halt. Does anyone know the status of TES?
------
OK, I kept thinking Breaux Bridge early this a.m., but I didn't want to get all psychic, because that's not allowed. I kept telling myself that Breaux Bridge is a catchy name, and that is probably why it stuck in my mind. But then again...

Who knows.

What if BSL was hypnotized to reveal Mickey. Idk if I even believe in that but what if that worked? What about giving him MDMA (ecstasy) and have him heavily interviewed? Yeah these are both probably illegal....just so frustrating that murderers can just clam up and not say more then they have to.

I have a very good friend that has been a hypnotist for years. It is a valuable tool in many areas but must be used correctly. She has worked with police and says that you must be very careful that you do not lead a person by feeding them information. She has been able to recover license plates and other details from witnesses.

Hypnosis only works if someone is open to it and a person will not reveal information they do not want to tell. It doesn't work that way.

I have a very good friend that has been a hypnotist for years. It is a valuable tool in many areas but must be used correctly. She has worked with police and says that you must be very careful that you do not lead a person by feeding them information. She has been able to recover license plates and other details from witnesses.

Hypnosis only works if someone is open to it and a person will not reveal information they do not want to tell. It doesn't work that way.
---------------
My bold. That's why "Brain Fingerprinting" is so interesting to me.

Brainwave fluctuations are telling.

Does anyone know how I can get back to the Thread for around June 13th? Is there a way to search by date of post?

I was in thread #19 today and the dates were around June 3rd at the end so it is likely it would be thread 20 or 21.

---------------
My bold. That's why "Brain Fingerprinting" is so interesting to me.

Brainwave fluctuations are telling.
--------------------

Off-topic, but relevant, and needed to say it: Why don't they apply electrodes to the brain of the student of neuroscience who murdered all of those people in the movie theater in Colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx