LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Our contact about the car dealership employee was in fact correct. Thank you to her! And also, new info about he was really trying hard to get that sex offender off his license! lol. I wonder if he was trying so hard now in an attempt to not get caught in the MS investigation or why he was trying so hard to get that RSO status gone?

The reason he was trying so hard to get that RSO status gone is because when police start looking for a murderer, they start looking at all the RSO first. He wanted to be off the list when they started looking. Or perhaps he did not want his girlfriend to look at his drivers license and see the RSO designation -- good chance he never told her about that. Just my opinion.

The reason he was trying so hard to get that RSO status gone is because when police start looking for a murderer, they start looking at all the RSO first. He wanted to be off the list when they started looking. Or perhaps he did not want his girlfriend to look at his drivers license and see the RSO designation -- good chance he never told her about that. Just my opinion.

I agree that he knew he would make the "short list" of suspects because of his RSO status and tried several different ways (altering license, applying to get off RSO list, bribing DMV officer) to avoid suspicion.

But I do believe that girlfriend knew he is RSO. Her brother-in-law knew and family was concerned for her and her children. Maybe she was in denial and wanted to believe his "victim stories", love is blind, after all.

I agree. I am thinking of tampering charge in the context if tampering with evidence... Like continuing to hide the evidence/body. Possibly a posturing charge? Lets see what the lawyers say before we totally ruin our own psychis with horrific guesses.
(poor k.jill :what:)

I agree. It's all about concealing the body. How he might have done that remains to be seen. Whatever he has done is bad enough. I just hate to see us jump to conclusions

The document says Lavergne killed Mickey and moved evidence of the murder, including her body and belongings, "to locations with the intent to distort the results of the criminal investigation." Lavergne is also accused of obstruction of justice and the continued tampering of the body of Mickey Shunick. The state also adds that anyone knowing where Mickey's body may be could be charged with Accessories After the Fact.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

LA Rev Stat § 14:130.1

§130.1. Obstruction of justice
A. The crime of obstruction of justice is any of the following when committed with the knowledge that such act has, reasonably may, or will affect an actual or potential present, past, or future criminal proceeding as hereinafter described:

(1) Tampering with evidence with the specific intent of distorting the results of any criminal investigation or proceeding which may reasonably prove relevant to a criminal investigation or proceeding. Tampering with evidence shall include the intentional alteration, movement, removal, or addition of any object or substance either:

(a) At the location of any incident which the perpetrator knows or has good reason to believe will be the subject of any investigation by state, local, or United States law enforcement officers; or

(b) At the location of storage, transfer, or place of review of any such evidence.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title14/rs14-130-1/

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

*Evidence from the State:
Stutes outlines in the document what he is, and is not, required to turn over. Examples of items he says he doesn't have to give include names and address of witnesses or victims or anything that is public record.

Stutes will provide the initial reports, arrest warrants, search warrants, and the crime scene report. He'll also give the transcription of a voluntary statement Lavergne allegedly gave to a deputy in July after he was read his rights.
Wonder what his voluntary statement was? :waitasec:

A confession?

I doubt it was a confession, since he entered a plea of not guilty

:panic: I doubt it too, but wouldn't it be great if, about the time he was throwing-up, he said something to shoot himself in the foot?

:Banane57::floorlaugh:

Same here Cajun just hesitate to acknowledge it because of reasons you previously stated because I don't like to be insulted as was previously done by some. Just wanted to get your back although I don't think you need it as I can see Cajun Strong fits you well! I also believe ALL logic in this case has been thrown out the window by BSL in this case.

I never thought, either (well, for a few moments I guess I considered it), that Mickey was under the truck, but I seriously did (and still somewhat do) consider it possible that her bike, or part of it, was. I think that was the case with many who did not insist on discarding-and-never-mentioning-again the "something odd under the truck" theory.

I wish some of the attorneys on here would let us know exacting what tampering of the body is in legal terms.

I'm not an attorney and sorry if this has been answered already. IMO the continuing tampering of the body charge is BSL concealing the whereabouts of Mickey.

I have to wonder, at least a little bit, if a chance glimpse of the license might have been what set his girlfriend's family to investigating his status/history.

I doubt it was a confession, since he entered a plea of not guilty

It's possible he started answering questions and inadvertently admitted he had done it, then stopped talking.

This guy admitted and plead not guilty to murder so it does happen. The same county also had 2 confessions Who were found guilty for crimes it was later determined they did not commit.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120720/NEWS021601/307200020/Edward-Laraby-not-guilty

continued tampering of the body of Ms makes me think that he possibly moved it more than once. maybe the dogs hinted at evidence of more than 1 body in the 3 mounds found. that would also explain why they figured there was more than 2 murders.

Same here Cajun just hesitate to acknowledge it because of reasons you previously stated because I don't like to be insulted as was previously done by some. Just wanted to get your back although I don't think you need it as I can see Cajun Strong fits you well! I also believe ALL logic in this case has been thrown out the window by BSL in this case.

Thank you Jkg005 because I often feel I am fighting a lonely battle. Not a battle for anyone to believe my theory but a battle in that everyone is entitled to an opinion and should feel free to voice it without feeling intimidated.

I agree. No sane person can make sense of why a predator kills a victim. Rational thinking goes right out the door. If it makes sense and seems logical then it is probably wrong. Any profiler knows that you cannot use rational logic in determining how and why these crimes are committed.

It makes sense to me why Brandon would not have hit Mickey in a public area but I am a normal person that would never do such a thing. He is not. If I had killed someone and they stabbed me, I would have stayed home and hid my wounds. He went to three different hospitals and came up with some crazy story. That is because he does not think logically...he is not capable of the same type of reasoning we are.

For all we know he may hear voices in his head that direct him to do certain things. He may feel so powerful that he didn't care that people saw. It doesn't have to make sense to me but it may have to him.

I never thought, either (well, for a few moments I guess I considered it), that Mickey was under the truck, but I seriously did (and still somewhat do) consider it possible that her bike, or part of it, was. I think that was the case with many who did not insist on discarding-and-never-mentioning-again the "something odd under the truck" theory.

Please do not feel bad that you think it is a possibility. It is not that far fetched. Brandon passed that exact spot within a second to a minute after Mickey based on the time stamps. We know that he hit her bike as part of a kidnapping. We have no proof that she made it past this point as she was not seen on video at 216 St. Landry or at any point after.

Most of the reasoning that it could not have happened is based on logical thinking that he wouldn't hit her in a public area. I have thrown any logical thinking completely off the grid.

As Dr. Drew recently stated...You cannot come to a rational conclusion when you are dealing with someone that has unrational thoughts.

From what I have been reading online it appears that tampering with a body and abuse of a corpse are fairly interchangeable. It can include anything from moving the body to taking pictures with or of the body to sexual/nonsexual touching of the body....many many things. Also includes posing the body in a position to deceive people into thinking they are alive! There is also grosse abuse of a corpse which is more along the lines of dismemberment.

Thank you Jkg005 because I often feel I am fighting a lonely battle. Not a battle for anyone to believe my theory but a battle in that everyone is entitled to an opinion and should feel free to voice it without feeling intimidated.

I agree. No sane person can make sense of why a predator kills a victim. Rational thinking goes right out the door. If it makes sense and seems logical then it is probably wrong. Any profiler knows that you cannot use rational logic in determining how and why these crimes are committed.

It makes sense to me why Brandon would not have hit Mickey in a public area but I am a normal person that would never do such a thing. He is not. If I had killed someone and they stabbed me, I would have stayed home and hid my wounds. He went to three different hospitals and came up with some crazy story. That is because he does not think logically...he is not capable of the same type of reasoning we are.

For all we know he may hear voices in his head that direct him to do certain things. He may feel so powerful that he didn't care that people saw. It doesn't have to make sense to me but it may have to him.

I agree. I too am thankful for your Cajunthick skin, and taking the brunt for the some of us that just feel beat down for our opinion different from the majority. Just as many have left over being continually insulted if not more ..than those who are bored with the conversation.

I agree. I too am thankful for your Cajunthick skin, and taking the brunt for the some of us that just feel beat down for our opinion different from the majority. Just as many have left over being continually insulted if not more ..than those who are bored with the conversation.

Thank you Mahouston and please do not feel beat down! You and many others have had some very insightful posts. I do hope that many come back as their opinions are just as welcome as any!

I hope these documents are not coming as news to the Shunicks at this time, but that is often the case.

Yes, removing things from a body would be tampering, I think that is possibly what they believe happened. Necrophelia and dismemberment would have charges of their own, IMO; I hate to see dire thoughts turn into fact.

Also they apparently do not believe he kept Mickey alive for any length of time; certainly not more than a few hours, IMO. Probably less. And really, the shorter amount of time, the better, since the outcome would likely be the same with more suffering.

Necrophilia and dismemberment, due to BS Lavergne's desecration of graves history and escalation, although not fact, are indicated, imo. Additional charges could be levied at any time before trial, as the investigation progresses.

The Schunick & Pate families & loved ones are in my heart & prayers, as they continue on their very long journey seeking truth & justice.

Investigators & Prosecutors will also need our prayers and the community's support for the very dark & treacherous road that they are going down..

'I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance'.

'But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy'.
Roger L. Depue

Yes, removing things from a body would be tampering, I think that is possibly what they believe happened. Necrophelia and dismemberment would have charges of their own, IMO; I hate to see dire thoughts turn into fact.

Also they apparently do not believe he kept Mickey alive for any length of time; certainly not more than a few hours, IMO. Probably less. And really, the shorter amount of time, the better, since the outcome would likely be the same with more suffering.

I always wondered if MS's nose ring was one of his "trophies".

I wonder if he had placed MS in the bed of his truck, and disposed of that liner along with MS. HE went home, and tried to re-line his truck with the skirting from his trailer. When the DWT showed up on TV, he decided to just burn it completely in case there is DNA. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx