LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
where is his money coming from

My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that the money he was flashing was either all of his money or a large bulk of it. Just because he had money in his pocket doesn't mean he had money in the bank, ykwim?

I don't know what he did for income, but I have a feeling he wasn't funded by anyone to kill cops.

FWIW, I have an acquaintance who does similar "life coaching," both in-person and via Skype. She claims she is psychic as well as wise in life coaching. She brings in quite a bit of cash! I'm flabbergasted that she has clients, but she does, and she is able to support herself in this work. There's a market for this stuff.

jmo

jmopinion

My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that the money he was flashing was either all of his money or a large bulk of it. Just because he had money in his pocket doesn't mean he had money in the bank, ykwim?

I don't know what he did for income, but I have a feeling he wasn't funded by anyone to kill cops.

FWIW, I have an acquaintance who does similar "life coaching," both in-person and via Skype. She claims she is psychic as well as wise in life coaching. She brings in quite a bit of cash! I'm flabbergasted that she has clients, but she does, and she is able to support herself in this work. There's a market for this stuff.

jmo

jmopinion

Me too. I also know people who have blogs with donate buttons on them - a trip to a conference, cancer scare, car accident, divorce, tuition.. whatever. It's sad how many people will fork over money to people they don't know.

The money is allocated from Congress. An employee does not get to set wages.

Veterans are not getting the help they need. To be in denial does not help them one bit. There are 22 suicides or more a day. The service people see it as a problem. In WW2 they called it shell shock.

People may not like to,hear this, and if it is not believed, one can google, I Have provided links for other issues and they are dissed. The WW2 came home and there became lots of depression and alcoholism. Many never would even talk about the war. My hubby's family had nine boys who served. Sad stories even though they came back, married and worked. Scarred. People are not made to be in wars. Eisenhower has all kinds of great quotes about war. Very heart rendering.

I am far from being in denial but I refuse to just look at one narrow blanket excuse covers all when there are many severe issues in the VA that is occurring.

That is just not true. Congress does not write out the daily/weekly/monthly checks for how the billions of dollars are to be spent they have allocated to the VA. Those decisions come from within the VA itself. That is why there has been such a scandal in the past few years concerning those who do have the power within the VA and have horribly abused that power. Even now the current person over the VA admitted to Congress things aren't a lot better after billions have been given. Yet the fraud, corruption, lies, coverups, gross ineptness, waste, and abuses still continues. If you wish to ignore that then so be it. I will not. This goes much deeper than PTSD.

What are you talking about? Of course human beings have been in wars since the beginning and have survived just fine. Do you think we became a free nation by just holding hands with the British?

The enemy is often within the VA hospitals themselves from falsifying records of veterans, fraud, waste, and criminal acts have come within the VA.

VA Pays $200 Million for Nearly 1,000 Veterans’ Wrongful Deaths

Vietnam veterans whose cancerous tumors were identified but allowed to grow, to missed diagnoses, botched surgeries and fatal neglect of elderly veterans.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...or-nearly-1-000-veterans-wrongful-deaths.html

When the VA isn't letting them die they are doing botched surgeries or declaring them deceased cutting off benefits when they are still alive. They have been physically and mentally abused by the so called caretaker staff inside of the VA hospitals.

I don't know one WWII veteran who became an alcoholic. I do know countless veterans who have been in wars and conflicts that came back and became wonderful productive outstanding members of society. Many of them continuing to serve in a capacity where they are still giving back to their communities in honorable ways. Some of our greatest heroes in history have been those who served in the military. To me claiming the war made them into alcoholics is akin to an abuse victim using the same excuse rather than becoming an abuse survivor and going on to be a productive member of society and there are far more abuse survivors than those who don't move on.

The money is allocated from Congress. An employee does not get to set wages.

Veterans are not getting the help they need. To be in denial does not help them one bit. There are 22 suicides or more a day. The service people see it as a problem. In WW2 they called it shell shock.

People may not like to,hear this, and if it is not believed, one can google, I Have provided links for other issues and they are dissed. The WW2 came home and there became lots of depression and alcoholism. Many never would even talk about the war. My hubby's family had nine boys who served. Sad stories even though they came back, married and worked. Scarred. People are not made to be in wars. Eisenhower has all kinds of great quotes about war. Very heart rendering.

Me too.

Veterans are not getting the help they need and when the country is treated like a business with focus on the bottom line they get even less help. It breaks my heart and makes me angry. I think my senators know me by name because I contact them so much.

On Veterans Day and Memorial Day I tell everyone I know to contact their Reps and Senators and ask them to increase veterans funding and to NOT privatize the VA healthcare system. More important than waving a flag IMO.

Me too.

Veterans are not getting the help they need and when the country is treated like a business with focus on the bottom line they get even less help. It breaks my heart and makes me angry. I think my senators know me by name because I contact them so much.

On Veterans Day and Memorial Day I tell everyone I know to contact their Reps and Senators and ask them to increase veterans funding and to NOT privatize the VA healthcare system. More important than waving a flag IMO.

Since we have seen the horrors inside of the VA to thousands of veterans under their control, I hope and pray that Congress passes a law where they can seek immediately care with other outside service providers outside of the VA.

Nothing that the federal government touches ever runs efficiently. None of them. That is why in every federal department there has been one scandal after another. I can think of one department which has been noted to run efficiently in the past 4-5 years. Most of them haven't just had one scandal but many of them have had multiple scandals and of course the VA is certainly one of them.

Since we have seen the horrors inside of the VA to thousands of veterans under their control, I hope and pray that Congress passes a law where they can seek immediately care with other outside service providers outside of the VA.

Nothing that the federal government touches ever runs efficiently. None of them. That is why in every federal department there has been one scandal after another. I can think of one department which has been noted to run efficiently in the past 4-5 years. Most of them haven't just had one scandal but many of them have had multiple scandals and of course the VA is certainly one of them.

Most veterans are satisfied with their VA healthcare*. It's a shame the shooter wasn't able to take advantage of whatever treatment might have been available to him. Although I don't know what sort of care he received - if any - maybe he wasn't interested or never sought out any kind of help, but maybe someone with good observation skills might have caught something others didn't see.

When something like this happens I think most of us have the tendency to look back for when something could have been done or what clues were overlooked. Of course we've also seen serial killers people described as totally normal, nice people. Their friends, family members, coworkers, etc., are always shocked. No one expected it or saw it coming. How do we stop something before we know we need to stop it?

*From the DAV: VA Care as Good as or Better than Private-Sector Hospitals
Since 2004, veterans have consistently given VA hospitals and clinics a higher customer satisfaction score, on average, than patients give private-sector hospitals.
https://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2014/va-care-as-good-as-or-better-than-private-sector-hospitals/

I'm wondering if the topic of VA funding and care for our returning vets could go an another thread. It seems to be a hot topic, though I'm not entirely sure it belongs on this particular thread. I haven't seen any evidence (yet?) that the shooter was denied services as a vet.

I'm not a topic dictator....but I really want to know about this shooter. If it turns out the VA didn't help him, we could bring in the VA discussion at that time. Until then, could we focus on this particular case that (so far) doesn't seem to involve the VA. I'm seeing the thread bogged down, but that just my personal opinion.

In November 2014, another “targeted individual,” lawyer Myron May, opened fire at the Florida State University library before police killed him. He believed government “stalkers” were firing a direct energy weapon at him to inflict pain.

Long had posted a video of May on his YouTube channel. That leads Robinson to believe Long patterned his shooting rampage off May, who may have patterned his Florida State shooting after Alexis and the Navy Yard.

Based on YouTube videos posted by Long, it appears Long thought the Marines were targeting him and keeping him from getting jobs, Robinson said.

Long apparently served as a contact for people who believed they were targeted and were seeking help from another group, the Columbus, Ohio-based nonprofit Freedom From Covert Harassment and Surveillance.

That group describes itself as a support group for people marginalized by electronic harassment campaigns, often at the hands of government or law enforcement personnel.

The group’s January newsletter included its “buddy list,” a series of regional contacts offering support for people subjected to these types of campaigns. That list had Long’s email as the contact for victims in Burkina Faso, a western Africa nation.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article90433917.html#storylink=cpy
rbbm
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...being-killed-by-campus-police&highlight=Myron

FL - Myron May, shoots 3 at FSU library before being killed by campus police

"Mother of Baton Rouge gunman who killed three cops said her son would 'pretty much lose it' every time he heard about black man being unjustly shot by police"

"She brought a letter she said he received denying Long's request for treatment of PTSD in 2013 on grounds that the disorder wasn't related to his military service. The letter could not be independently verified."

Soo.....was he indeed denied medical care for mental illness?!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/la-gunman-mom-lose-blacks-shot-article-1.2721486

"Mother of Baton Rouge gunman who killed three cops said her son would 'pretty much lose it' every time he heard about black man being unjustly shot by police"

"She brought a letter she said he received denying Long's request for treatment of PTSD in 2013 on grounds that the disorder wasn't related to his military service. The letter could not be independently verified."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/la-gunman-mom-lose-blacks-shot-article-1.2721486

Maybe but there could be many factors involved like if he was already covered or not covered by the VA or someone else.

If it was non-service related he likely wouldn't be eligible for disability and I wonder if that's what the letter was addressing.

Wondering if he was outraged only if a police shooting was " unjust," as opposed to a " just " shooting, and if he felt that, "somebody has to do something," when a shooting occurred between AAs?
imo. speculation.

Gavin Long often rented a car and drove to locations where black men had been shot by police and would tell his mother, "somebody has to do something," Corine Woodley said in an interview with PBS talk show host Tavis Smiley on Thursday.

July 21, 2016
9:45 am

He looked to his uncle for guidance. Then his uncle went on a deadly rampage

last time Sahib Taylor saw his uncle, Gavin Eugene Long, he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

That was about four months ago, at a family gathering. Long said he was wearing the vest as a precaution in a time of racially charged unrest over police shootings in cities across the United States, Taylor recalled.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...w-20160720-snap-story,amp.html?client=safari#

As details of the killings began to trickle out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, last weekend, retired NFL star Warrick Dunn felt a familiar kind of grief settle in the pit of his stomach.

A gunman had shot and killed three police officers, wounding three others. Dunn's mind raced as he dialed up family and friends in his hometown. Did he know any of the officers? What was the motive? He thought of the dead officers' anguished families and the children who would now be fatherless. Dunn felt himself being snatched back to when his mother, a Baton Rouge police officer, was murdered in uniform.

"It took me right back to that time," Dunn said in a phone interview. "It was just chilling. I felt so many emotions, and my eyes were just glued to the television trying to figure out what was going on."

So much more at link http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-nfl-star-warrick-dunn-haunted-police-killings-n614996

More info about his books:

"Long rejects the germ theory of disease, and claims that health ailments can be cured by lifestyle changes, including eschewing sugar,dairy and alcohol in favor of 'nitriloside and thiocyanate rich plantfoods.'

He dedicates three chapters to the importance of staying hydrated. At the end of the book, Long notes that he is a distributor of "Kangen Water," which he says is "5x more absorbent than tap water, delivering more energy, endurance, up to 8.5x more antioxidants than green tea...and it tastes amazing." He encourages readers to email him to arrange for a purchase."

In another book:

"In the book, Long describes melanin, a dark pigment found in the skin, as 'what gives Black people that Soul, that 'glow,' that 'bop' in their step that 'swag' in their demeanor that 'jazz' in their talk. Mentally, it is what makes us natural creative geniuses in terms of all arts: music, literature, dance, performance, science, etc.'

Long says that reduced melanin in white people is responsible for their 'continual and incessantly historical rap sheet of countless atrocities, wars, genocides, oppression and repeated acts of savagery behavior upon one another, and more specifically, upon people of color.'"

http://www.latimes.com/books/la-et-jc-cosmo-setepenra-books-20160718-snap-story.html

What is so ironic about this health food expert is on one of his video he carries on and on about a bag of processed BBQ chips!! My stepwitch is into all that health junk and believe me she would not get near a bag of BBQ chips!!!

In light of the past month we all have shared it is time for a levity break!

I just felt as if none of you would know this. Courtesy of the Baltimore Police dept:

"The department is cautioinng the public not to drive while playing Pokeman Go!"

Just attempting to keep my fellow sleuthers safe and sound . I have to post this on a couple of threads - just too rich!!!!!!

Maybe but there could be many factors involved like if he was already covered or not covered by the VA or someone else.

If it was non-service related he likely wouldn't be eligible for disability and I wonder if that's what the letter was addressing.

moo I think there was more going on here than PTSD. Not minimzing it --the barber shop stuff is psychosis imo only!

The Nationial Tranportation Safety Board is the only one I can think of !!!!

Its pathetic-- and we only know about some of the stuff!!

http://nypost.com/2016/07/18/baton-rouge-gunman-posted-chilling-videos-after-dallas-attack/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us/baton-rouge-shooting.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-Alton-Sterling-dead-provoked-outrage.html

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438039/gavin-long-his-roots-his-racial-ideology-grievance

As more and more is revealed , IMO, his notions about BLM, are more than prevelant. According to many media reports the killings the week before were a precipator of his actions the next week.

In his own words he clearly states the following:

[FONT=&amp]A hundred percent of revolutions — of victims fighting their oppressors — have been successful through fighting back. Through bloodshed. Zero have been successful through simply protesting. It has never worked, and it never will . . . We know what it’s going to take. It’s only fighting back, and money. Revenue and blood, that’s all they care about. Revenue and blood. Revenue and blood. Revenue and blood.

His actions following this post is exactly that "bloodshed".

[/FONT]He has posted at least three clips to YouTube in the past about oppression and the police protests in Baton Rouge — and could be seen cruising around the Louisiana city just days beforehis rampage.

“If y’all wanna keep protesting, do that, but for the serious ones, the real ones, the alpha ones … We know what it’s gonna take........

[FONT=&amp]..... online trail of rants complaining about the treatment of African-Americans by police after Alton Sterling's death.

[/FONT]
One YouTube video, he discusses the killings of African-American men at the hands of police officers, including the death of Mr. Sterling, and advocates a bloody response instead of the protests that followed the deaths.

A friend of Gavin Long says the man who killed three Baton Rouge officers appeared obsessed with the Alton Sterling shooting footage

Long praised the Dallas attacker, saying "at least he did something."

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member