Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOPD is pretty terrible but even I don't think they're so bad off that they would have missed her vehicle in that parking lot for 3 months. And I doubt they would have spent time and resources to search Bayou St. John unless they had ruled every other option out. It seems like NOPD was pretty certain that the vehicle was in that general area. Hopefully the hospital has cameras that will show when/how her vehicle arrived there.
I had a similar initial reaction regarding Becky's vehicle being found. It seems highly unlikely that Becky and her vehicle would be sitting in the University Medical Center parking lot for three months without anyone noticing it. LE has been looking for her Highlander since she disappeared in early January without any sightings, and suddenly it's found a few days ago in a busy parking lot. It will be interesting to see what LE says, or doesn't say, about this.

I agree, surely there would be some video of that parking lot, so hopefully University Medical Center security and LE can tell when Becky's vehicle first appeared there and who may have been driving it at the time. We would expect the NOPD forensic team has been working on Becky's vehicle as well.

As several others have said, it would be helpful to know where Hearty and Defelice have been in recent months, and what they've been doing. All we know for sure is that they have not been cooperating with NOPD regarding Becky's case.

Time will tell...

I don't know if it's mentioned already (I tried looking through the pages so I wouldn't be redundant but my phone is being weird), those pics and videos of Mike's that were shared here, the ones with photos of etienne and the clip of Julia's voice-...those pictures look like the Fountainbleu storage sheds. I wonder if that area has been searched/ investigated.

I don't know if it's mentioned already (I tried looking through the pages so I wouldn't be redundant but my phone is being weird), those pics and videos of Mike's that were shared here, the ones with photos of etienne and the clip of Julia's voice-...those pictures look like the Fountainbleu storage sheds. I wonder if that area has been searched/ investigated.
Maybe a good idea to call that in as a tip, you never know!

It is with my deepest sorrow that I have to inform you of my precious daughter, Becky Renee Hostetler Hendrix, was found deceased on April 28, 2022.

Becky is survived by her most precious gifts, her son Austin Holifield and her daughter Hannah Hendrix and her brother Dean ( Jake) Hostetler, sisters Tina Bryant, Tammy Hostetler, and Spring Lemley.

A memorial service will be scheduled at a later date and will be announced. I hope as many as her family and friends will be able to attend to give Becky the heavenly send off she deserver.
My deepest heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Praying for you in your sorrow <3

ON BEHALF OF BECKYS CHILDREN, AUSTIN AND HANNAH, MYSELF AND BECKYS BROTHER AND SISTERS, I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR PRAYERS, SHARING OF HER STORY AND YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO US THAT TOTAL STRANGERS CARED ENOUGH TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ HER STORY AND SHARE IT. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO US. I PRAY THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THANK YOU TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND ALL THE CARING PEOPLE THAT I NOW CONSIDER FRIENDS.

We still do not have any answers to the cause of her death. Actually we know nothing other than where she was found. In the oncology parking lot at university hospital.
upload_2022-5-3_5-25-31.jpeg

Yes. Room 6013. The man that rented the studio, the band's guitar player, said he never met Becky. However, it's recently been said that someone else had met her and last saw her there on New Years Eve, so he must be lying. He also said he hadn't been talking to Hearty or any of them for quite some time. Supposedly they were evicted from the studio shortly after Becky's disappearance because of Hearty's prostitution activities and the man was staying at the adjacent motel on the next block to try to stay away from Hearty because Hearty was also not allowed there because of his prostitution activities. This man knows something that he isn't saying. He was also angry with Julia because she stole his dog in August and he got it back from Beale sometime around Becky's disappearance and before Beale's arrest.

This is complete speculation, but this storage that burned is very close to the studio and happened shortly before the vehicle was found...

NOFD quells 3-alarm fire at Carrollton Avenue storage facility.
Fountainbleu is well know for being a practice space for bands and has been for many years but I'm not familiar with the place on Carrollton. Was that place used for the same or similar things?

And also, a burning car inside a storage shed automatically makes me think someone deliberately set that fire. I'm no auto expert but I can't think of too many scenarios where cars spontaneously combust...

It's speculation like you said but definitely coincidental and worth mentioning.

On Friday April 15th Hearty told someone that he was staying at the motel behind the gas station at 6050 Chef Menteur Highway that night because he needed to get away from his roommate and it was the closest room to their place available.
The circles that Julia and Becky ran in, either apart or together, are definitely intertwined. I think we have established that both Becky and Julia knew both POI's MH and ED. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption. Do you know if POI MH's "roommate" he was speaking of was POI ED?

Does anyone know if either MH or ED have come in for questioning since Becky was found? Are they still actively being sought as POI’s? IMO Michael Hearty is responsible in one way or another. It’s also my opinion only that there’s no way that vehicle sat unnoticed in that parking spot for 3 mos. with Becky inside. “Trickey Mickey” may think he’s tricky, but…what’s done in the dark always comes to the light. I do think the circle connecting Julia & Becky was intertwined with both POI as well as BB. The coincidences are undeniable. Sadly this will happen again if these evil predators are not taken off the streets! I hope that both Julia & Becky’s families can unite & fight like hell for their justice. They didn’t deserve what happened! Their lives mattered. Keep these threads going for these families . They need love & support.

Ok, so if that's her van on Google maps, it shows that street view photo is from 2 months ago! If you look around on Google, there are people walking and sitting on the grassy area. I do not understand how her van was there and she was inside for that amount of time. There are cars everywhere! And people. It's not off the beaten path. This is even more confusing to me, to be honest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back