Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just ran a quick Google search for an update on whether Hearty and/or Defelice have been interviewed by NOPD. The most recent MSM link I found was from about a month ago, so nothing new being reported publicly.

I just ran a quick Google search for an update on whether Hearty and/or Defelice have been interviewed by NOPD. The most recent MSM link I found was from about a month ago, so nothing new being reported publicly.
Nothing in the local news as far as I can tell. I did read a few days ago that Benjamin Beale was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of Julia Dardar.

As I'm sure you recall, Becky's disappearance was originally thought to be in some way tied to Beale and Dardar. IF there was any evidence found with Becky that linked her in any way to the Beale matter, then whatever LE is working on related to Becky's death could be part of the ongoing Beale case and that could be why there has been no public update yet.

Nothing in the local news as far as I can tell. I did read a few days ago that Benjamin Beale was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of Julia Dardar.

As I'm sure you recall, Becky's disappearance was originally thought to be in some way tied to Beale and Dardar. IF there was any evidence found with Becky that linked her in any way to the Beale matter, then whatever LE is working on related to Becky's death could be part of the ongoing Beale case and that could be why there has been no public update yet.
Agreed @Valkyrie.504

At this time we don't know if there's a possible connection between Becky's death and Beale. Based on MSM reports and posts in this thread by Becky's mother Karen, we know Hearty and Beale were friends, but NOPD hasn't mentioned anything publicly connecting Beale, or Hearty, to Becky's death. We'll have to wait until NOPD releases more information to understand any possible connections in this case.

As you mentioned, Beale was indicted in Julia Dardar's case, so that case is moving forward.

DA Williams announces grand jury indictment of Benjamin Beale, accused of killing, dismembering New Orleans woman

[..]
Reports show the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office secured the indictment of Benjamin Beale for the second-degree murder of Julia Dardar.

Additionally, the Orleans Parish Grand Jury also indicted Beale for obstruction of justice in a homicide investigation, creation or operation of clandestine drug laboratory, creation or operation of a clandestine drug laboratory within 1000 feet of a school, illegal carrying of a weapon with a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession with intent to distribute psilocybin, and simple assault.

Beale murdered and dismembered Dardar as well as hid her remains in a freezer according to NOPD.
[...]

Based on this information and many other MSM reports regarding the horrific case of Julia Dardar, IMO Beale is likely capable of just about anything. However, at this time it's unclear whether he could be directly related in some way to Becky's disappearance.

We know Becky lived with Michael Hearty, and both MSM and case insiders indicated Hearty is a close friend of Beale. We also know Becky was last seen and heard from about five days *before* Beale was arrested by LE for Julia's disappearance.

We'll have to wait for more information from NOPD to see if there might be a connection between Beale and Becky's disappearance. MOO

ETA:
A quick online search this morning did not find any updates regarding Becky's case.

I wish i had something to tell. But until Becky’s autopsy and tox comes back they wont tell me anything. They want to have everything before they do. But finding her in her car practically at the entrance, causes a lot more questions that I am determined to get. I will not give up even after the results we are waiting for. Nothing is making any sense to me. Someone, somehow need to get these answers.

Karen, thank you for the post. Wishing your family well in this very difficult time.

So at this point NOPD is waiting for the autopsy and toxicology reports to come in before they release that information to you. For your sake I hope those results come in soon.

As several of us have mentioned, and you also posted above, with the very limited information we have at this time the discovery of Becky and her vehicle in the oncology parking lot doesn't make much sense.

I'm hoping you and your family get some answers soon.

Well it’s been a rough. I went to my uncle’s funeral today. The music started and I broke down. Not because of my uncle but because of Becky and that it was at the same funeral home. So I left and ended heading for new Orleans. I went to the hospital ans saw the spot she was parked in. Went in to talk to the front desk. Well security was sitting right there. I asked about safety parking there. He said “yes mam, all the area here is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I then asked him”well , how did someone be there for almost 4 months without being found.” The answer I got was “ you have to talk to administration “. Right? I worked at hospitals before and i know how they threaten their employees not to talk and if they say they don’t then they are liers. There are 2 signs posted at the entrance to the parking area where she was and they say the same thing. So tell me how was she missed even if it was for 2 months? Did i go to administration ? No because i know what they will say or they will avoid me . Well , I know my daughter and there are too many questions and I will not give up, no matter what it takes. This fight has just begun.

Attachments

• 32B53015-4795-4669-AF9A-64EFCF303700.jpeg
    32B53015-4795-4669-AF9A-64EFCF303700.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 26
  • EBA93C11-9CC1-40E7-AE0E-7CCE725C1B3D.jpeg
    EBA93C11-9CC1-40E7-AE0E-7CCE725C1B3D.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 25
I’m so sorry for your losses Ms Karen. You’re right, there are many unanswered questions. It’s my hope you will get the answers you seek, that justice will be served & you may find peace. Please be careful in the city-take someone with you
Karen: I agree with @gulfcoastgal that you and your family deserve answers without question. I would expect that NOPD will give you the details of what they think happened once they finish their investigation. Unfortunately there's no telling how long this might take.

Interesting that you asked a hospital security guard about the parking situation in the oncology lot and received the standard reply of the lot being monitored 24/7. Also noteworthy are the photos you posted of the two "tow-away" signs in that lot.

Based on that generic reply from the security guard there are a couple of possibilities:

- Becky's vehicle was parked there for a only short time
- Becky's vehicle was parked there for an extended time and hospital security didn't notice/take action

The Google Maps photo posted earlier in this thread shows Becky's Highlander in that lot, and the date on the Google photo was MAR 2022. If that date is correct, then it suggests her vehicle was parked there since at least sometime in March, possibly longer, before it was discovered.

Since NOPD hasn't released any information we don't know who drove it there, how long it had actually been parked there, or how Becky and her vehicle were discovered. However, if we assume that Becky's vehicle was parked in that spot since at least sometime in March, as the Google Maps photo suggests, then the information the security guard gave you regarding monitoring the parking lot 24/7 was probably not correct.

Obviously there are many unanswered questions here but we may not receive any additional information regarding Becky until the NOPD finish their investigation.

All of the above is MOO.

Well it’s been a rough. I went to my uncle’s funeral today. The music started and I broke down. Not because of my uncle but because of Becky and that it was at the same funeral home. So I left and ended heading for new Orleans. I went to the hospital ans saw the spot she was parked in. Went in to talk to the front desk. Well security was sitting right there. I asked about safety parking there. He said “yes mam, all the area here is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I then asked him”well , how did someone be there for almost 4 months without being found.” The answer I got was “ you have to talk to administration “. Right? I worked at hospitals before and i know how they threaten their employees not to talk and if they say they don’t then they are liers. There are 2 signs posted at the entrance to the parking area where she was and they say the same thing. So tell me how was she missed even if it was for 2 months? Did i go to administration ? No because i know what they will say or they will avoid me . Well , I know my daughter and there are too many questions and I will not give up, no matter what it takes. This fight has just begun.
@karenlpn2000, I am sorry that you are now dealing with the loss of your uncle on top of everything else. I don't blame you for being proactive in trying to find answers for your daughter, but @gulfcoastgal is right in saying that you should take someone with you when you come down to Nola, and preferably someone who knows the city.

Hopefully (and most likely) NOPD has obtained the surveillance footage from the hospital parking lot and will be able to tell you something more about that soon. It definitely doesn't sit right with me that Becky and her vehicle were in that parking lot the whole time she was missing with NOPD actively searching for her.

Please update us when you can. Take care.

Hopefully (and most likely) NOPD has obtained the surveillance footage from the hospital parking lot and will be able to tell you something more about that soon. It definitely doesn't sit right with me that Becky and her vehicle were in that parking lot the whole time she was missing with NOPD actively searching
Yes I would also expect NOPD to have the surveillance video of the parking lots. If so, that should confirm how long Becky's Highlander was parked there. The video could also indicate whether Becky herself drove the vehicle there or someone else parked it there.

The security guard's statement about those lots being monitored 24/7 can't be correct if Becky's vehicle was parked there for more than a day or two before it was found.

I looked at the GoogleMaps link posted earlier in the thread: Google maps link

If you zoom up on the street view and rotate the image a bit I believe you can see the two parking signs that Karen posted. "Oncology parking only" and the very faded "Tow Away Zone".

Based on that signage you would expect that University Medical Center security staff would be monitoring those parking lots closely. Since this is not general hospital parking or the ER parking area, it seems likely that this oncology parking lot would be mostly empty on nights, weekends, and holidays.

Whenever NOPD releases information regarding Becky's case it will be very interesting to find out when her vehicle first appeared in that lot and who parked it there. If Becky's Highlander was parked in that lot for more than a couple of days it would be interesting to know why the University Medical Center security staff didn't investigate and tow her vehicle earlier on. We'll have to wait and see what NOPD says about that.

Most of the Toyota Highlanders I've seen recently seem to have dark tinted side and rear windows. If Becky was found in the the rear of the vehicle rather than the front seat then it may not have been obvious visually that she was inside that vehicle.

I found nothing new today in MSM regarding Becky's case. Apparently still no information released from NOPD.
I've not heard anything either. Nothing new in the local news or on social media that I've seen. I believe I read somewhere that an autopsy can take up to 16 weeks right now in Nola but don't quote me on that.

Yes, I think we are in 'waiting mode' at the moment. Karen (Becky's mother) mentioned a couple of weeks ago that NOPD was likely waiting for the autopsy and toxicology reports before making any statements or releasing any information. For the sake of Becky's family I hope they get answers sooner rather than later.

A quick search didn't reveal any new MSM reports about Hearty or Defelice so we don't know what, if anything, might be going on with them.

Any word on whether this case has been closed or if it is still under Investigation?

I was just thinking of Becky, Karen and the family yesterday. Just hope they can get some kind of closure. I know there is some in just knowing, but, I hope they get actual answers.
Yes, still under investigation. I don't think NOPD is going to say anything until the autopsy is completed. That could take months. I can only imagine how difficult these months have been and will be for Karen and her family. That final determination, will determine how NOPD will proceed.

Yes, still under investigation. I don't think NOPD is going to say anything until the autopsy is completed. That could take months. I can only imagine how difficult these months have been and will be for Karen and her family. That final determination, will determine how NOPD will proceed.
Understood. Fingers crossed hoping @karenlpn2000 and family get some answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back