Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. Room 6013. The man that rented the studio, the band's guitar player, said he never met Becky. However, it's recently been said that someone else had met her and last saw her there on New Years Eve, so he must be lying. He also said he hadn't been talking to Hearty or any of them for quite some time. Supposedly they were evicted from the studio shortly after Becky's disappearance because of Hearty's prostitution activities and the man was staying at the adjacent motel on the next block to try to stay away from Hearty because Hearty was also not allowed there because of his prostitution activities. This man knows something that he isn't saying. He was also angry with Julia because she stole his dog in August and he got it back from Beale sometime around Becky's disappearance and before Beale's arrest.

One more thought...the guitar player isn't necessarily lying. He may not have known Becky or maybe he only met her in passing and they didn't cross paths enough times for him to remember her. But if anyone else witnessed Becky and that person (guitar player) together than maybe that person is lying and knows more than he is saying. The dj community overlaps the general musician community and they both overlap the service industry so I can understand how people in Nola can run in the same circles but not really know each other.

And to clarify, are you saying that the "guitar player" is the same person who had a dog stolen by Julia and returned by Beale?

Ok, so if that's her van on Google maps, it shows that street view photo is from 2 months ago! If you look around on Google, there are people walking and sitting on the grassy area. I do not understand how her van was there and she was inside for that amount of time. There are cars everywhere! And people. It's not off the beaten path. This is even more confusing to me, to be honest.

According to Becky's mom, she was found in her vehicle parked in the parking lot of the oncology department of University Hospital, and her mother also said that Becky was a cancer survivor and was facing a possible cancer diagnosis again at the time of her disappearance. Becky may have have had a medical emergency in the parking lot and it just went unnoticed, although 3 months is a long time to fathom, especially since NOPD was supposedly casing that area. Or, perhaps someone else chose that spot to leave Becky and her vehicle because they knew her medical history.

It's also not implausible that Becky's boyfriend/roommates/friends may have been in the dark about what happened to her/where she was going despite the other things they may have been involved in at the time. If NOPD did not think to search for her vehicle in that parking, it's doubtful anyone else would have thought of that. I would think hospitals, airports, bus terminals, etc. would be top of the list to search for missing persons but I could be wrong.

Good catch on Google Maps @mpnola . That info is definitely worth passing along to law enforcement because IF this is a case of law enforcement oversight, it isn't fair to Becky, her family, or the POI's to drag this out. This info may also assist LE in narrowing down the time that Becky's vehicle arrived at University Hospital so they can see if anyone was with her.

Does anyone know if either MH or ED have come in for questioning since Becky was found? Are they still actively being sought as POI’s?
AFAIK, neither Hearty or Defelice have made themselves available to NOPD for questioning. Karen indicated a week or so before Becky was found that neither had been interviewed by NOPD, and I've seen no MSM references to this taking place since that time.

Ok, so if that's her van on Google maps, it shows that street view photo is from 2 months ago! If you look around on Google, there are people walking and sitting on the grassy area. I do not understand how her van was there and she was inside for that amount of time. There are cars everywhere! And people. It's not off the beaten path. This is even more confusing to me, to be honest.
According to Becky's mom, she was found in her vehicle parked in the parking lot of the oncology department of University Hospital, and her mother also said that Becky was a cancer survivor and was facing a possible cancer diagnosis again at the time of her disappearance. Becky may have have had a medical emergency in the parking lot and it just went unnoticed, although 3 months is a long time to fathom, especially since NOPD was supposedly casing that area. Or, perhaps someone else chose that spot to leave Becky and her vehicle because they knew her medical history.

Yes this is a very interesting question. Both @mpnola and @Valkyrie.504 bring up important points to consider.

On the one hand, early on in Becky's case we learned that Becky had a history of dealing with cancer. This would make it entirely plausible that she would visit an oncology department for consultation and/or possible treatment. However, I do not recall Karen mentioning in this thread that Becky was actually receiving cancer treatment shortly before she disappeared. If Becky had an oncology appointment scheduled, or was receiving treatment at the time she was last seen, then there would be medical records to support this. If so, hopefully NOPD would be investigating this. So, from this point of view, her vehicle being found in the University Medical Center Oncology parking lot at least has some logic associated with it. MOO.

On the other hand, it seems highly unlikely that Becky's vehicle, especially with Becky inside, would have been parked in the University Medical Center Oncology parking lot, especially that close to the building, for well over three months without someone (medical staff, visitors, security, etc.) reporting it and discovering Becky.

Several hospitals in my general area have oncology centers, but AFAIK those centers are not open 24 hours each day. Except for emergency room, in-patient visitor, and hospital staff parking areas, most parking lots at hospitals in my area are generally quiet and empty at night and on weekends. This may not be true everywhere, like University Medical Center, but unless the oncology department is seeing patients 24 hours each day then Becky's vehicle would likely be parked in a mostly empty parking area each night.

Assuming University Medical Center has a security staff monitoring the facilities and parking lots via both video cameras and active security patrols, it seems highly improbable that Becky's Highlander would be parked there for over three months without being detected or towed away, especially with her inside. Again, MOO.

I spent some time looking at Google Maps and found the same image that Karen posted earlier in the thread (see link):

Google maps link

If the link displays properly, you should see the same vehicle, a gray/blue Highlander, as shown in Karen's posting, located in the University Medical Center Oncology parking lot. The "image capture" caption at the bottom right of the screen says "Mar 2022".

It is with my deepest sorrow that I have to inform you of my precious daughter, Becky Renee Hostetler Hendrix, was found deceased on April 28, 2022.

Becky is survived by her most precious gifts, her son Austin Holifield and her daughter Hannah Hendrix and her brother Dean ( Jake) Hostetler, sisters Tina Bryant, Tammy Hostetler, and Spring Lemley.

A memorial service will be scheduled at a later date and will be announced. I hope as many as her family and friends will be able to attend to give Becky the heavenly send off she deserver.

Karen I am so so sorry. Did you ever fight for your Becky. My heart is with you. I wish I had more to offer - something profound or something to take it all away.

I spent some time looking at Google Maps and found the same image that Karen posted earlier in the thread (see link):

Google maps link

If the link displays properly, you should see the same vehicle, a gray/blue Highlander, as shown in Karen's posting, located in the University Medical Center Oncology parking lot. The "image capture" caption at the bottom right of the screen says "Mar 2022".
Just to clarify, Karen, is that Becky's vehicle in the picture?

I did a quick search this morning but didn't see any recent news concerning Becky. There's been nothing in the media since her vehicle was discovered about 10 days ago. This could mean that NOPD is keeping everything internal at this time while they investigate.

Asking in the most respectful way possible… how was the state of her body when she was found? If she had been in that car, in that parking lot for three months would people not have noticed an odor as they walked by that car? I can’t understand the car being there the whole time and nobody noticing something was off. And wouldn’t the van have been towed after a certain amount of time if it looked deserted there?

And nola is hot.... I dont think it would be towed. But certainly tons of people would park by or walk by in months. We had mardi gras and everything in that time frame. The only thing that makes half sense to me is that she wasn't in the front. Maybe sleeping on a back seat or something. I saw her Facebook said something about living in her car, if I remember correctly. It is an odd one, though.

Can someone clarify which car is Becky's on Google Maps? There are 2 cars that are very similar, and I am terrible with cars.

Is it this one?

View attachment 342954
I can't tell from this angle. But if you look at the street view her Toyota Highlander is on Left side about the 6 parking space down. A sign clearly says Cancer center parking violators will be towed at the entrance of the parking lot on the same side as her SUV, you can barely see the stickers on the back of her SUV from the street. Her SUV was sticking out and not pulled in as close as the other cars to the retaining wall. The lot is across from the Veterans hospital on S Galvez. Becky was not in the front seat. NOPD has requested that we stay tight lipped at this time. It does seem her car has been in that parking lot for quite some time. Her mother will provide an update as soon as she is able. You all have been a great support to her and she is still trying to process everything. She had a beautiful celebration of life for Becky on Friday. Becky's case is still under investigation at this time. AFAIK the 2 persons needed for questioning still have not made themselves available to NOPD. I am sure today has been a very difficult day for her mother and children.

And nola is hot.... I dont think it would be towed. But certainly tons of people would park by or walk by in months. We had mardi gras and everything in that time frame. The only thing that makes half sense to me is that she wasn't in the front. Maybe sleeping on a back seat or something. I saw her Facebook said something about living in her car, if I remember correctly. It is an odd one, though.
I was just curious because at the hospital I worked out cars were towed if they looked abandoned. And yes… while I love NOLA… Summer there is miserably hot and humid.

I have worked at several hospitals too and I am shocked that her SUV was not found sooner (if it has been there since March or January). I wonder what that parking lot looks like at night and on the weekends. I don't know if it's outpatient or in-patient parking.

I believe many of us have similar questions about how Becky's vehicle could be sitting in that busy parking lot for so long without being noticed. The circumstances are very strange.

Thank you @ScorpioRose for the information. Since this is an active LE investigation we will have to wait for Becky's family or NOPD to provide additional details regarding Becky and the discovery of her vehicle.

I passed by our local hospital this weekend. The oncology center parking lot was completely empty, except for a maintenance vehicle. Granted, this does not mean the University Medical Center Oncology parking lot would also be empty on weekends, but it is something to consider.
AFAIK the 2 persons needed for questioning still have not made themselves available to NOPD.
IMO this is also noteworthy. Both Hearty and Defelice have been wanted for questioning by NOPD for an extended period of time, but from we know so far neither of them have made themselves available.

I was curious about the accuracy of the Google image time stamps...here's what I found:

Even if the March 2022 date on the parking lot photo is off a bit, it's still very strange for the vehicle to go unnoticed for an extended period of time. The fact that NOPD has asked Becky's family not to talk about the case at this time makes me think that NOPD has additional information that they are working with. I can't find anything online stating whether or not the 2 POI's are still being actively sought for questioning or if the investigation has gone in a different direction since Becky and her vehicle were found.

Even if the March 2022 date on the parking lot photo is off a bit, it's still very strange for the vehicle to go unnoticed for an extended period of time. The fact that NOPD has asked Becky's family not to talk about the case at this time makes me think that NOPD has additional information that they are working with. I can't find anything online stating whether or not the 2 POI's are still being actively sought for questioning or if the investigation has gone in a different direction since Becky and her vehicle were found.
I agree. Becky's vehicle was found about 10 days ago, but so far NOPD has not released any information. Other than the one brief report on WGNO at the time Becky's vehicle was found, MSM has been quiet as well.

It's reasonable to assume that NOPD is involved in an investigation and prefers to keep everything internal as they work through this. Very understandable.

I also have not seen anything new regarding Hearty and Defelice. The last thing I knew from a few weeks ago, Karen indicated neither of them had been interviewed by NOPD detectives, but I've seen nothing official since. AFAIK both of them are still wanted for questioning.

This question about Becky and her vehicle being found in that parking lot is both interesting and perplexing. We don't know who found it, or how long it had actually been parked there. Still seems very strange that it could have been parked there more than a few days without the security staff investigating it. We know the Google Maps date indicates the photos were taken in March of 2022, but that seems like a very long time for Becky's Highlander to be sitting there. MOO

At this point all we can do is wait for NOPD to continue their investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back