Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attached is a pic that shows the color of her Toyota Highlander a little better. It's not quite as blue as other photos show. There is also large dents now on the top of the hood from where she hit some construction cones once. And an older pic of Becky's infectious smile.

Attachments

• Picture 1609.jpg
    Picture 1609.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 20170416_102554.jpg
    20170416_102554.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 140
How Becky met Hearty, I don't know. She was last known to have been living with him. She had talked with one of her friends "that what he did frightened her and that his lifestyle was questionable, esp. for her". Her girlfriend told her to follow her gut instinct and that was about 6 days before she disappeared. So violence is high on my list, esp with his contacts . I found out last night that a camera in mid city picked up her car on Claiborne ave and she was with someone but they have told me they could not tell who it was or even if it was Becky on the passenger side. So still a lot of unknowns on that aspect. I don't think she would have gone to Baton Rouge but if she had come to Texas, she would have contacted her daug. Becky and Stephen have been divorced less than 6 months. They were high school Sweethearts. They had both gone thru a bad marriage after highschool and found their way back together. They were married for about 20 years. People change after a bad marriage . I love Stephen and he would never physically hurt Becky. They both wanted their daug and when she lost her I think Becky lost a piece of herself.

Hi karenlpn, keeping you all in my prayers.

I was wondering if Becky's car was seen on Claibourne Ave before or after it was seen going westbound on I-10?

Unfortunately Becky is still missing and LE hasn't released any additional information to the public about her disappearance.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but since Becky and Michael Hearty ("Tricky Albert") were living together at the time, and phone records apparently show calls and/or texts between them before she disappeared, it seems logical Hearty would have some idea(s) where Becky might have been going on the day she was last seen. If Becky had plans for a job interview, a medical appointment, or something similar on the day she disappeared it's likely Hearty would know about it.

If I understand the situation (please correct me if I'm wrong) Becky had only recently moved to the N.O. area after her divorce and didn't really know the area all that well or have many friends in that area. I don't recall her having any family/relatives in the N.O. area either, although she lived elsewhere in LA.

Hi karenlpn, keeping you all in my prayers.

I was wondering if Becky's car was seen on Claibourne Ave before or after it was seen going westbound on I-10?
The reason I'm asking is you'd mentioned earlier that Becky's boyfriend worked at a certain bar. Claiborne Ave is a very short distance, 5 minutes, away from that bar.

Trying to figure out if she was last seen very close to this business, then shortly after on the highway heading westbound towards Baton Rouge.

The reason I'm asking is you'd mentioned earlier that Becky's boyfriend worked at a certain bar. Claiborne Ave is a very short distance, 5 minutes, away from that bar.

Trying to figure out if she was last seen very close to this business, then shortly after on the highway heading westbound towards Baton Rouge.

I don't think we know those answers yet. Information coming out of LE is vague right now. Likely on purpose ... telling us what they can while holding their cards close. We'll update here as we get better info. Thank you for staying tuned in.

Oh, God, yall. I live in New Orleans. I used to go to Finns quite a bit. It's a nice place. A true Irish Pub. I was the only one in there without an accent. To be honest, I didn't even know they hired people who were American! I will have to ask someone I know if he actually works there.

A couple of things. First, I am so very sorry that she has loved ones who have to find their way here under these circumstances. I am glad you are here, but not like this! This is awful.

Second- Louisiana is last in pretty much everything. But the one thing that we have that most people don't even know are license plate readers. It's why if someone is on the run and goes through Louisiana, they are able to give accurate timeline and info. If they say they have her on camera in New Orleans, her car didn't leave New Orleans. I know that's not comforting. I would much rather them say her car was seen on i-10 going west near Lake Charles or something. I10 west in New orleans..... she (or at least the car) is close by. I always say cars are much easier to find than people. I say if you are going to ask the police some questions, press a little about where her car was last picked up on license plate readers. There is an AMAZING water search guy here. He found Terrilyn Monette. If they will tell you the area her license plate was last read, it would be good. Not only that, but if they had been able to track her car moving in the days prior. Maybe somewhere they went is somewhere revisted.

Ugh. I'm going to stop writing now. Feel free to contact me if you need any local insight. Mardi Gras is my busy work season, so you can always message me, if I am not back on the thread to answer questions quickly enough. I am so sorry, Mom and Steven.

I thought of something else I would ask.... when did he stop calling her from phone logs? Clearly, if they talked as much as her records showed, him stopping calling would be quite suspicious if he thought she was still his live in girlfriend or roommate and she didn't come home.

@mpnola , thanks for sharing this information about the license plate readers in LA. This may give LE more info about Becky's disappearance. Do you know about how far apart these readers are installed? Every mile, every 5 miles, etc? Are these readers installed on major highways only, or on local streets as well?

So the farther Becky's Highlander was driven on the day she disappeared the more times the license plate would have been spotted by these readers, correct? For example, if she drove to Baton Rouge that day, then her license plate would have been recorded multiple times between NO and BR.

AFAIK Becky's Highlander wasn't reported outside of NO that day, but her mother or ex-husband may have to confirm that.

I have 3 friends in common. :eek:
I don't have any mutual friends but I grew up in the north part of the state. I did find it interesting that Beale has a family connection to Concordia Bank as that bank was one of my father's customers decades ago. That bank doesn't even have branches in NO and I believe it is still HQ'd out of the Vidalia/Ferriday area.

Last edited:
No question. While there's no direct link between Beale and this case AFAIK, just the fact that Hearty ("Tricky Albert") is a known friend of Beale is very concerning.

NOPD searches Bayou St. John in connection to case of missing woman | WGNO.COM

NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — On Friday, February 11, the NOPD, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, and the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office began a group search of an area of Bayou St. John near Moss Street for evidence connected to a missing person’s case.

The search is linked to the investigation of missing New Orleans woman Becky Hendrix, who was reported missing on January 23.

A WGNO exclusive report in early February revealed Hendrix’s case may possibly be linked to the murder of Slidell woman Julia Dardar, who was found in the Lower 9th Ward in mid-January. Her dismembered body was discovered on a renovated school bus.

The NOPD did not release any details regarding Friday’s search, but did confirm the effort was related to the Hendrix case.

This is a developing story with more information expected to be released as it becomes available.

@mpnola , thanks for sharing this information about the license plate readers in LA. This may give LE more info about Becky's disappearance. Do you know about how far apart these readers are installed? Every mile, every 5 miles, etc? Are these readers installed on major highways only, or on local streets as well?

So the farther Becky's Highlander was driven on the day she disappeared the more times the license plate would have been spotted by these readers, correct? For example, if she drove to Baton Rouge that day, then her license plate would have been recorded multiple times between NO and BR.

AFAIK Becky's Highlander wasn't reported outside of NO that day, but her mother or ex-husband may have to confirm that.
Yes, exactly. I dont think there's a set distance, but I know we have more than anyone realizes!

As a point of interest, I mentioned Terrilyn Monette being found by an amazing water search man. He found her in Bayou St. John. The same body of water they are now searching. And they knew she went into the park, but didn't come out, due to red light cameras. If they are looking in there, they probably have her last locations narrowed down. Thats my suspicion. For the record, Terrilyn likely just fell asleep and drove into the water. No foul play was involved.

I saw the report of the Bayou St. John search on Friday, but I've not seen any additional details released. From the MSM report I'm assuming LE was searching the water itself, and not the surrounding houses.

I've not seen any updates. Do we know why LE was looking in that particular area, and what, if anything, was found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969
Back