Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here’s the article with a photo of the vehicle pulled from Bayou St. John. It looks like it has been there a long time. They likely found this vehicle while searching for Becky, since that’s the area they have been searching. IMO

SUV pulled from Bayou St. John
Thank you. It does look pretty rough. It also doesn't look at all like a Toyota Highlander from what I can tell. MOO

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued prayers for Becky. I really don't have any new info but that was not Beckys highlander. What prompted them to search the bayou, . I don't know.but will continue today. Still waiting on info. I'm not pressing for a lot of info due to not wanting to say a lot to compromise the case. The NOPD is working hard on the case with 1sr district Sargent and a particular Detective, and I applaud them.. People need to support the police everywhere. <modsnip> But anyway, her car was not seem leaving mid city area. The man she was last known to be with did work at McCools , not too sure he is working there now,lol. From my own investigation you would be surprised at where these kind of people live and work. Just wish I could go on my investigation.. but there is a crime and killing spree in new Orleans, Mardi Gras is not the place to be. When I lived on the north shore, I never went there unless I had business I had to take care of. But there are a lot of good people on the south shore also. WGON Reporter Anna was the only reporter that cared enough to reach out for an interview to find out more about Becky and to help get Becky's story out and Susan Rogens will be talking to me this morning, and I will be forever grateful to them for doing her story. Hopefully the story will be on tonight and hopefully they find out info that I haven't heard about, I'm sure reporters have their " informants" that provide info. But when I have more to provide, I will do so. Again, thanks for keeping her story going.

Last edited by a moderator:
@karenlpn2000 , thanks for the updates. Looking forward to your interview as well.

I agree, the vehicle pulled out of Bayou St John does not look like a Highlander, more like an older style GMC vehicle from the one small photo I saw. BTW, does anyone know about how deep these bayous are? In this case this bayou must be fairly deep if LE is hauling out a submerged SUV out of it.

Thanks for the info. If all the bayous in the N.O. area are like this then searching them would be a major effort. I'm hoping the media coverage and your interview help increase the awareness of Becky's case.

FEB 15, 2022
‘She got pulled into dark stuff’ Mother searches for missing daughter in New Orleans | WJTV
[...]

Hendrix says Becky was staying with a man who lived on Iberville Street, and says that man was friends with Benjamin Beale, who’s accused of murdering and dismembering Julia Dardar in the Ninth Ward.

[...]

Hendrix says her daughter looked very different during the time of her disappearance, and she’s concerned she got mixed up in the wrong crowd.

“She got pulled into this other stuff, dark stuff and then she found out about something she shouldn’t have, I don’t know,” said Hendrix.

And weeks before she went missing, Becky sent concerning text messages to her friends

“The one that I can remember, she said ‘If I die tonight, it wont be my fault. Pray for me, I’m in a scary situation,'” said Hendrix.

[...]

Glad to see Becky's case getting much-needed MSM coverage. These texts that Becky sent to her family in the weeks before her disappearance are very concerning.

‘She got pulled into dark stuff’ Mother searches for missing daughter in New Orleans | WJTV

Based on what we've heard from insiders in this case, and from what Karen said during this interview linked above, Becky was associating with "weird" people. IMO this is likely a reference to Michael Hearty ("Tricky Albert"), a known friend of Benjamin Beale.

AFAIK, the activities and location of Hearty on the day Becky went missing have not been released by LE.

I'm not clear if LE is still searching Bayou St John for Becky's vehicle or what led LE to look there, but hopefully more information will be revealed soon.

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued prayers for Becky. I really don't have any new info but that was not Beckys highlander. What prompted them to search the bayou, . I don't know.but will continue today. Still waiting on info. I'm not pressing for a lot of info due to not wanting to say a lot to compromise the case. The NOPD is working hard on the case with 1sr district Sargent and a particular Detective, and I applaud them.. People need to support the police everywhere. <modsnip> But anyway, her car was not seem leaving mid city area. The man she was last known to be with did work at McCools , not too sure he is working there now,lol. From my own investigation you would be surprised at where these kind of people live and work. Just wish I could go on my investigation.. but there is a crime and killing spree in new Orleans, Mardi Gras is not the place to be. When I lived on the north shore, I never went there unless I had business I had to take care of. But there are a lot of good people on the south shore also. WGON Reporter Anna was the only reporter that cared enough to reach out for an interview to find out more about Becky and to help get Becky's story out and Susan Rogens will be talking to me this morning, and I will be forever grateful to them for doing her story. Hopefully the story will be on tonight and hopefully they find out info that I haven't heard about, I'm sure reporters have their " informants" that provide info. But when I have more to provide, I will do so. Again, thanks for keeping her story going.
You did a great job on your interview! You are doing Becky proud.

You are right. New Orleans is extremely dangerous right now! Please stay safe. I live here (in Jefferson Parish), so feel free to message me if you need anything.

We have some really amazing new orleans police officers. They have the hardest job I can literally imagine. I am so glad you have a couple that you feel comfortable with. Sadly, crime investigations are second nature for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no news on Becky. The search in Bayou St John still continues. Search and rescue and the Sargent does not want to leave the area until thoughly checked. I hope they can find Becky and convict the person responsible. Becky has to be somewhere. I was told that they will not give up and I believe the Sargent. I hope with all my heart that I will be able to celebrate with Becky on her birthday next month . The thought of what she went through or is going through breaks my heart. If Becky had been a wild child all her life, would be one thing but she wasn't. She was in much pain and emotionally hurt, that I guess that she believed what they said to her. So please keep passing Becky's story and maybe someone will call with a tip. I don't know what plans if any are in place but that will start after the bayou search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odiwakar
Back