LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. It seems like an age regression would make more sense though.
Wonder if they could do the isotope testing on this one as the are going to do on Lyle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No he was not cremated. It says that directly in one of the linked articles earlier in the tread....he was buried in a paupers grave in Allgiers LA.

At the time that I called this in to the Virginia Beach police Detective on the Bayard Cousins case last winter, I had called around spoke to the coroners office for Plaquemines Parish, Jefferson Parish, and Orleans Parish. It's very convoluted and I may be off in my recollections, but: at the time he was found in Plaquemines Parish, I believe they used the morgue in Orleans, and that's why he's buried in Algiers. But all of the Orleans records were lost to Katrina. Now I believe Plaquenmines uses Jefferson Parish....so that's where I was referred at first. Now all doe's are cremated...but not back then.

Anyway, all pertinent records were lost in Katrina. The only hope of finding this grave is through the Mothe funeral home. That is very clear to me. The owner at the time and his son who was young then, are still alive and both old now. They kept this body on ice for several months and had hundreds of parents cycle through there business to view it. It got national press. Surely they remember the body...maybe they remember where it was buried.

Having called in the possible match with Bayard Cousins (who I am completely convinced is the Doe), I did not follow up with the funeral home. I did not want to interfere with the investigation. Coincidentally at the time I was living in Virginia Beach. I did pass the funeral home tip on to the Detective. I did not hear back from her on that specifically but she is confident the ID is correct and was working through local law enforcement in LA to try to locate the body. I am not optimistic that a match will ever be made due to the unknown whereabouts of the body.

Bayard has an aunt and a sister still living. I wonder if they are aware of the possible match? His mother just died a couple of years ago. Surely his family could look at the articles and know if that was their loved one.

No he was not cremated. It says that directly in one of the linked articles earlier in the tread....he was buried in a paupers grave in Allgiers LA.

At the time that I called this in to the Virginia Beach police Detective on the Bayard Cousins case last winter, I had called around spoke to the coroners office for Plaquemines Parish, Jefferson Parish, and Orleans Parish. It's very convoluted and I may be off in my recollections, but: at the time he was found in Plaquemines Parish, I believe they used the morgue in Orleans, and that's why he's buried in Algiers. But all of the Orleans records were lost to Katrina. Now I believe Plaquenmines uses Jefferson Parish....so that's where I was referred at first. Now all doe's are cremated...but not back then.

Anyway, all pertinent records were lost in Katrina. The only hope of finding this grave is through the Mothe funeral home. That is very clear to me. The owner at the time and his son who was young then, are still alive and both old now. They kept this body on ice for several months and had hundreds of parents cycle through there business to view it. It got national press. Surely they remember the body...maybe they remember where it was buried.

Having called in the possible match with Bayard Cousins (who I am completely convinced is the Doe), I did not follow up with the funeral home. I did not want to interfere with the investigation. Coincidentally at the time I was living in Virginia Beach. I did pass the funeral home tip on to the Detective. I did not hear back from her on that specifically but she is confident the ID is correct and was working through local law enforcement in LA to try to locate the body. I am not optimistic that a match will ever be made due to the unknown whereabouts of the body.

Bayard has an aunt and a sister still living. I wonder if they are aware of the possible match? His mother just died a couple of years ago. Surely his family could look at the articles and know if that was their loved one.
Yeah i had posted on one of the threads that I found a Bayard Cousins at ancestry so...anyways I think it os him too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Has anyone asked the Corlew family if that suicide note sounds like something Perry would write? Or if indeed it was in a handwriting they recognized as his? Has a copy of the note been circulated to families searching for a missing son? The note was very distinctive and you would think his family would recognize it.

What if he had been kidnapped at a younger age?

Sad story!! I know others have wondered why no shoes, why carry a bed sheet but I have been wondering...Why bring a jar to keep your letters safe from wet dew??? How did this young man get to such a remote area with no shoes, mis-matched socks, bed sheet, letters and a jar?

Yes, the jar was to protect the letter. I have a feeling he dumped his shoes somewhere along the way. Unless he escaped from a psychiatric facility, etc, in which case he might not have had any on (or he wore faculty-issued slippers/ sandals that fell apart along the way). He likely wrapped the jar up in the sheet and slung it over his shoulder as a bindle. This would also give the appearance he was merely a transient, rather than someone bent on suicide.

Based on the letter to his parents, I doubt very much he had been kidnapped.

I find this all incredibly sad. The suicide note is so complex for a teenaged boy to write. This is obviously something he spent time composing, certainly not a "goodbye cruel world" quickly jotted message.
It is ! I can only understand how it feels to be suicidal :(

One thing that struck me is his comments about feeling that he had built no ties to family or friends. That sounds almost sociopathic, although most sociopathic behavior manifests itself at age 18 or later.
I disagree. It means he feels like an outsider and feels he can't build interpersonal relationships, that's all. This feature alone is far from enough to diagnose sociopathy. The sociopathy conclusion based on this point alone is way too quick because such symptom is found in too many mental illnesses.
This feature can be found in soooo many mental illnesses, not only sociopathy. Major depressive disorder coupled with ADHD, or Aspergers, can make you feel this way. Keep in mind that knowledge about ADHD, or ASD, was not as advanced as nowadays. Still, there are currently so many more questions than answers. But in those days, ADHD and ASD knowledge, to name just a few, was at its embryonic stage.
The whole text is inconsistent with sociopathy actually. If he was truly sociopath, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration for his parents' feelings. He took his life because he had excessive consciousness. Excessive consciousness doesn't fit sociopathy at all.

His comment to his parents to "ask thoroughly what I was and you will see that it is not tragic that I am gone" strikes me as an odd thing to tell your parents.
In those days, psychoanalysis was still the dominant schooling of psychiatry and psychology. So, based on his knowledge to psychology in those days, he understood this. CBT was discovered only in the 80, so not at the time he committed suicide.
For the historical context, this sentence is not that odd actually. If it were written nowadays, it'd had been a whole other ballgame.

I'm not the best at "reading between the lines", but I get the feeling from his note that the young man may have done something terrible, and afterwards took a look at himself and saw no way out except suicide. He certainly paints a bleak picture of himself, for whatever reason.
It doesn't fit the picture of sociopathic personality. Actually, the 180° opposite.
He feels soooo remorseful towards his parents that he feels the only way out is suicide.
If he was sociopathic, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration.
Actually, people with impulse phobia can commit suicide because of thoughts of doing something immoral. In their mind, the simple thought of doing something immoral equals doing it. The distress is so intense because in their own system of value, it's absolutely immoral to do it.
Impulse phobia of pedophilia is being so afraid of being a pedo that you prefer killing yourself than thinking about a child because attraction to children is so repulsive.
The difference between impulse phobia and pedophilia is big, but based on a small detail. Impulse phobia brings distress at the simple thought of being a pedophile, while actual pedophilia brings pleasure. Impulse phobia of pedophilia brings such great distress at the simple thought of being a pedo that you can take your own life.
More about on this link : http://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members