VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

Surely it comes to a point where it becomes unethical? How can a decision be trusted now after all of this...jmo
Exactly! They have made it clear they are on opposite sides of the fence with some of the jurors so if they came back now with a unanimous decision, how could that be possible? Time to let it go...

judge is just doing what any judge would do in this case...this is just how it works. Nothing different about this. Next time they come it will be declared hung. Not sure if the jury is aware of all of the process involved here.
It sounds like there is at least one person in that room, perhaps the note writer, who is aware of the process. Either the note writer knows, or whoever does know instructed the note writer what to say, capitalizing on their superb writing skills!

judge is just doing what any judge would do in this case...this is just how it works. Nothing different about this. Next time they come it will be declared hung. Not sure if the jury is aware of all of the process involved here.

IMO, there is someone on the jury that is well informed of the process and how it unfolds. Just look at the well crafted note.
These 12 people are exhausted...and done.

@JHall7news

Breaking:Jury note in the Karen read case says their views on the evidence are so divergent “consensus is unattainable.”The foreman wrote jurors recognize the weight of their communication this morning and the limplications it holds.”Cannone reads the Tuey Rodriguez instruction

11:08 AM · Jul 1, 2024

Her family was harassed so it's acceptable for her to lie on the stand and it means we should all accept it?
I didn’t feel she lied on the stand, I expect inconsistency. Unless these people have been named suspects or charged I don’t feel we should be slandering them. Just how I feel……

It seems like some folks on SM believe that if the jury is not unanimous, then they have to vote NG, as opposed to just calling it a hung jury. Is that true?

Sorry, the statement was: "There was no evidence on his body that he got hit. I’m very unclear how there’s argument about this"

The pieces of her car, embedded in his clothing, are evidence that the car made contact with him at some point that evening.

The amount of evidence that would need to be planted, at the level of detail that it is present, is too much for for even a team of bad-actors to pull off.

Pieces of a tail light embedded in his clothing might be evidence that the car made contact with him, but you ought to pay particular attention to the chain of custody. The crime scene was never secured, the house was never searched, tail light pieces kept magically appearing days after the incident, multiple pieces of video evidence went missing. The list goes on.

The two most important pieces of evidence (which are less prone to tampering) are the body itself and the car.
It very much looks like the body wasn't hit by a car,
It very much looks like the car didn't hit a body.

And god knows how you think he might have gotten a dog bitten arm.

JOK was rendered unconscious from the blow to his head, and would have died shortly after that. He didn't get up off the roadway and walk to the location that he was discovered. And he can't have been hit so hard that he flew there, as the prosecution alleges.

The other glaring evidence is that his body temperature was 80*f at 6:30am when he was found.
If he had actually been lying out in a blizzard for six hours, he would be frozen.

Last edited:
It seems like some folks on SM believe that if the jury is not unanimous, then they have to vote NG, as opposed to just calling it a hung jury. Is that true?
No. That's what a "deadlocked jury" is. The jury is unable to reach a consensus. Then the prosecutor can decide whether to retry the case.

No. That's what a "deadlocked jury" is. The jury is unable to reach a consensus. Then the prosecutor can decide whether to retry the case.
That's what I thought, but then after seeing a flurry of those comments just now was questioning it myself. Weird!

Reactions: IDK

If you think they will retry the case, like this post. If you don't think they will, "wow" this post. Just curious what we're all thinking.

Since I can't like my own posts, my response is a "wow."

Were I on the jury at this point I would check NG. Not because I think she is NG, but because I think it isn't worth the chaos this has caused and I don't believe she will ever do anything like this again. Any punishment she would receive would only cause more turmoil in the community and serve no rehabilitative purpose.

It sounds like there is at least one person in that room, perhaps the note writer, who is aware of the process. Either the note writer knows, or whoever does know instructed the note writer what to say, capitalizing on their superb writing skills!
Even the judge remarked that she has never seen a jury note like this before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afj9
Back