LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Charles, his mother could have said it wasn't him because she didn't want the publicity or to honor his wishes in the suicide note. I too am torn between Wallace and Cousins. Apparently this doe had acne scars, but because of the photos being black and white of Cousins and Wallace, I can't tell.

If it's Charles, his mother could have said it wasn't him because she didn't want the publicity or to honor his wishes in the suicide note.

The problem I have with this argument (not yours in particular, Sweetluv, several people have made the same general one, yours is just most recent :)) - is that it goes both ways. People also say that since she said the scar in the mouth seemed the same, that part is true, and she would know, as his mother. If that’s so, I don’t see why we would disregard her ultimate statement, which is that BCJD was not her son with various supposed psychological reasons why she might not claim her actual child.

I looked through my screenshots and found a fuzzy crop of the photo. I’m sorry I don’t have the link at the moment.
View attachment 477979
Thanks for digging it out! I do see a similarity yes.

Do we have any other missing person's who fit the bill?
I cannot imagine that his parents didn't report him missing, it sounds like they cared a great deal.

I just don't see much similarity between CW and BCJD, especially since CW seems to have had blond/light brown hair, and BCJD's was dark (and parted on the opposite side.) BCJD's face seems longer ('horse-ier', if I may say) than CW's, nose and eye shape seem different. And then of course if BCJD was CW, there would be the additional Mystery of the Missing Glasses (and Shoes).

I believe this has already been discussed so I am sorry for being repetitive but what kind of state or county homes were in the area; I mean sanitarium, prisons, reform institutes and the like?

The problem I have with this argument (not yours in particular, Sweetluv, several people have made the same general one, yours is just most recent :)) - is that it goes both ways. People also say that since she said the scar in the mouth seemed the same, that part is true, and she would know, as his mother. If that’s so, I don’t see why we would disregard her ultimate statement, which is that BCJD was not her son with various supposed psychological reasons why she might not claim her actual child.

A dentist made a match between the dental records of Charlie and the UID and there was also that very unusual matching scar in his mouth that made me lean towards Charlie 99%. Then there were people and even his parents that noticed the resemblance to the sketch.

I’m familiar with losing a loved one to suicide and in my case denial was an overpowering emotion most of us experienced when we learned about what my friend had done. That’s why I mentioned the possible psychological factors that may have played a role in the mother not being able to identify her son, if in fact that’s what happened. (I personally think she may have been wrong, with all due respect to her.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper