DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Person / NamUs #MP4391
Rogelio Realme Cerda, Male, Multiple
Date of Last Contact: June 29, 1975
Missing From: Bay City, Texas
Missing Age: 15 Years

Is much similar, but date of disappearance is after discovery of this John Doe...

1689255618861.png1689255643039.png

Last edited:

2332DMCA - Michael Duane Burnett

ALT TXT
ALT TXT

The image on the right has been age-progressed to 51 years.

Name: Michael Duane Burnett
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 17, 1971
Location Last Seen: Oroville, Butte County, California

Physical Description

Date of Birth: May 21, 1956
Race: White
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Mike
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on left side of chest from surgery, Partial removal of left lung, Scar on left side of chest from surgery

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Green pants, blue sweater
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Brown suede shoes

Circumstances of Disappearance

Michael Burnett was last seen on March 17, 1971, in Oroville, California. Michael left his house on Claremont Drive to walk to school. He apparently never arrived. There were no problems in his home life that would have caused him to run away. It is believed, however, he was attacked by boys from another school a few days before his disappearance. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Butte County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Dan Angel
Agency Phone Number: 530-538-7321
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: C96014267

NamUs Case Number: 5895
NCIC Case Number: M-934881099
NCMEC Case Number: NCMC1067210

Information Source(s)

NamUs
CA DOJ
NCMEC

1689256919806.png1689256930461.png

604DMCA - Phillip Alfred Montoya​

ALT TXT

Phillip Alfred Montoya

Name: Phillip Alfred Montoya
Missing Since: March 29, 1974
Location Last Seen: Fremont, Alameda County, California

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: October 10, 1959
Race: White/Hispanic
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 110 lbs
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slim build, Olive complexion

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Green tanker jacket, white shirt, blue courdory pants and a maroon baseball cap.
Jewelry: Sterling silver heart ring
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Montoya was last seen after school on March 29, 1974 in Fremont, CA. His mother reported him missing when he failed to return from school.

He told two Mission San Jose High School friends that he was going to run away that day.

He disappeared without taking any clothes, left his bike behind at school and only had 2 dollar on him.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Fremont Police Department
Agency Contact Person: CSO Erik Wilske
Agency Phone Number: 510-790-6928
Agency E-Mail: ewilske@fremont.gov
Agency Case Number: 740329123

NamUs Case Number: 4543
NCIC Case Number: M662601246

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
CA DOJ
Fremont Police Department

1689257065746.png1689257089846.png

I think he could be a missing person from Texas or the surrounding states. The protruding front teeth.The lack of a cross scar on his finger as well as the John Doe not having hazel but brown eyes and the height difference makes me doubt it is bayard cousins. I think this doe is probably a missing person who is not in any any database.

So you think it's from Louisiana or from a state bordering Louisiana anyway?
Yes it’s like coming from Mississippi and going to Mermentau Louisiana to die. How would you where it is? Somewhere ‘between nowhere and goodbye’. Places where only locals go, and yes, boiled seafood in Mermentau is fantastic, but I lived near that area for five years before I knew it existed.
But then, if local or near, why was his absence not reported (or if it was, probably considered a runaway by LE) still??? @othram should look into this.

My personal opinion is that this young man is fairly local and his parents probably knew of his death and chose to do nothing about it. Judging from his letter he seems like a highly educated, intelligent young man who was idealistic which may have contradicted his parents more conservative approach to life in Louisiana during a time of turmoil related to civil rights. Belle Chase is in Plaquemines parish, a parish that had an iron grip on segregation until the mid 70s. It was only under threat of losing federal funding they finally relented and integrated their schools.

I wish we had his DNA to see if his heritage was from the Iberian peninsula.

81DMIA - Guy Howard Heckle

ALT TXT
1689264765823.png

Name: Guy Howard Heckle
Missing Since: February 03, 1973
Location Last Seen: Linn County, County, Iowa

Physical Description

Date of Birth: December 20, 1961
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 80 lbs.
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Guy wears eyeglasses, but wasn't wearing them at the time of his disappearance

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing: Unknown

Guy Heckle was last seen on February 3, 1973 while on a weekend trip with Boy Scout Troop 101. The group camped at the Kiwanis Cabins along the Cedar River between Palo and Toddville, near the Duane Arnold Energy Center. He was last seen by his fellow scouts about 20.00 that night. He apparently disappeared while playing a game of "capture the flag." Troop members searched on their own for about 90 minutes before calling the Sheriff's Department. Regular and reserve deputies, Marion police and Civil Defense volunteers searched the reserve near the Cedar River's backwaters that night.

A searcher found Heckle's blue quilted nylon parka, snagged on a log along the river's east bank the next day. Investigators found no sign of foul play. It is believed that he slipped into the icy Cedar River and drowned. Heckle was a fifth grader at Eisenhower Elementary School.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Des Moines Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 515-283-4800
Agency E-Mail: mpicinfo@dps.state.ia.us
Agency Case Number: 73-53

Agency Name: Linn County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Gene Parks
Agency Phone Number: (319) 892-6100
Agency Case Number: 73-53

NamUs Case Number: 4018
NCIC Case Number: M-533883169

Information Source(s)

NamUs
Iowa Missing Persons

805DMIL - Richard William Griener

1689264771172.png

Name: Richard William Griener
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: January 17, 1972
Location Last Seen: Pekin, Tazewell County, Illinois.

Physical Description

Date of Birth: 1959
Height: 5'0
Weight: 90 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Fingerprints, dental records and skull X-rays are available.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing: Griener was wearing a gold colored nylon jacket with attached hood, a long brown ski mask, blue jeans, green rubber insulated boots and carrying a blue plastic roll up toboggan.

According to his mother, Richard Griener left home, which was located at Brentwood Court, at about 16.00 walking four blocks to a local snow sledding hill in the city park. He had to cross a large railroad switch yard to get there. He was seen by friends on the hill at about 17:30 and was never seen again.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Pekin Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Investigation Division - Sgt. Rick Vonrohr
Agency Phone Number: 309-478-5339
Agency Case Number: M9332586

NCIC Case Number: M663039870

Information Source(s)

NamUs MP #4562

The fact that, Charlie was never officially reported missing, and was years later assumed dead by his family, tells me that his mother did "identify" the body and was in denial. What are the chances of two people having the same scar in the same spot inside the mouth and same dental records? Very low for sure. The 40 stitches scar alone seals it for me. MOO JMO

Whether our JD is CHW or not, I agree with @Tony1902, @othram should look into this!

I’m 80% convinced he’s not Charlie Wallace either, but nor am I convinced he was local (or near-local), just because of how widely his image/story was published locally.

I also wonder if he’s older than we think - the “16-17” age sounds like the off-handed remark of a busy LEO. If so, perhaps he was a college student in a nearby state.

I don’t think I agree about Naomi / persimmon tree having some special significance; even if it/they do, I’m not sure how that furthers the quest at this point.

Thought experiment: does it change anything if we assume he arrived in Naomi from the south (ie, Venice, Point a la Hache, etc, rather than the north (Belle Chasse / New Orleans)? Not sure if it does, just occurred to me we seem to assume he travelled southward.

y personal opinion is that this young man is fairly local and his parents probably knew of his death and chose to do nothing about it.

That’s a thought to ponder!

I’m 80% convinced he’s not Charlie Wallace either, but nor am I convinced he was local (or near-local), just because of how widely his image/story was published locally.

I also wonder if he’s older than we think - the “16-17” age sounds like the off-handed remark of a busy LEO. If so, perhaps he was a college student in a nearby state.

I don’t think I agree about Naomi / persimmon tree having some special significance; even if it/they do, I’m not sure how that furthers the quest at this point.

Thought experiment: does it change anything if we assume he arrived in Naomi from the south (ie, Venice, Point a la Hache, etc, rather than the north (Belle Chasse / New Orleans)? Not sure if it does, just occurred to me we seem to assume he travelled southward.

That’s a thought to ponder!
I assumed he traveled from the North because there isn’t very much South of the Belle Chasse area. There are very tiny settlements of people southward. Pointe à la Hache has a population of 180 and Venice has even less. Venice has the nickname “The end of the world”. If you don’t live or work there, it’s not a place one would go, except maybe offshore fishing.

This area is made up of small communities, where the families have lived for generations. IMO I don’t think he’s from the area because I believe somebody would have recognized him.

I agree with you... with these types of cases you have to assume everything and leave nothing out...and I also thought that maybe he was a few years older than the age estimate...always remember that the estimate it was made in 1975 there weren't all these technologies...today we would have known with more certainty how old it could be, a closer estimate at least.

I thought there was some speculation that the cemetery knew the location of the grave or am I thinking about something else?
As of several years ago, there were some still living members of the family that ran the funeral home where the body was kept for several months awaiting identification. There was speculation that with all the fanfare at the time, they might remember where he was buried even if records were lost. To my knowledge, the funeral home never responded to inquiries. Suggestions were made to the officer handling the Bayard Cousins case, but never acknowledged. Without access to the body, theories can ever be confirmed or disproved. I will always believe Belle Chasse John Doe to be Bayard Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic