Recovered/Located LA - Erin, 4 (deceased) & JB, 6, (safe) mother Callie Brunett killed & children missing, missing 2012 black Chrysler 200, Loranger, 13 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
‘Unacceptable;’ Sheriff scrutinizes delay in AMBER Alert during search for slain mother’s children

It was odd. I opened the WAFB app (Baton Rouge) on my phone in the morning to check the weather hoping for rain so i wouldn’t have to water all my plants, and the top story was murdered mom missing girls and their picture was the thumbnail. So i clicked it before even checking the weather. I asked my husband if we slept through an Amber Alert. He said we never got one. I found it odd, but thought maybe LE didn’t want to tip the Perp off. Usually LE has a reason for doing what they do/ not informing the public.

Then 3 hours later we all got the Amber Alert. So I’m not sure what the wait was for??? I assumed they knew where he was and were onto him, but if the MS police is complaining saying he wanted the alert, then LA police must not have said no alert, we know where they are don’t want to tip him off?? Why would they have waited so long if they knew??

Around 3 hours went by (if i remember correctly) from the time i read the article to the time I got the alert, and EB was indeed alive in McComb, MS. So if they knew, why didn’t they arrest him there?

Authorities arrested Daniel Callihan Thursday evening (June 13) following the discovery of four-year-old Erin Brunett’s body. He was booked into Rankin County Jail. An alleged accomplice, Victoria Cox, was also arrested, according to Jackson police.
1718382713697.png

JB and Erin :(

louisiana child killed, sister found in mississippi

Ugh. What kind of special prizes are these two people? I can't help but believe meth or some other kind of addiction might be a factor here. Maybe I'm just looking for excuses, though.

Children are not expendable, yet once again, just as with poor Elijah Vue, adults around them, parents or not, sometimes seem to think they are. JMO.

J has survived, but life as she knew it has been effectively murdered.

"She will be held accountable for her actions and her role in this horrific event that happened," Wade said. "She could be facing capital murder charges along with him."

Cox was picked up without incident at the OYO motel in a South Jackson early Friday. Wade said officers learned Thursday that Callihan may have been traveling with someone else and tracked Cox to the OYO motel Friday.

Tangipahoa Parish court records show that there is a Victoria Cox who lives about a mile away from the Brunett home in Loranger. It wasn't clear whether the person arrested in Mississippi is the same Victoria Cox.
[snip]
"Based on the crime scene, what it looks like, this may be the place where there has been some human trafficking done," Wade said. "We see cages, small animal cages. This is very, very disturbing to me as a police chief and as a father to witness and see what I saw."

"We don't know if there are other children in the woods," Wade said. "If this individual has used this location as a location to traffic children and abduct children, we want to make sure we have that evidence to make sure him and whoever else is prosecuted for this heinous, heinous, terrible act."
Police ID alleged accomplice after deaths of Loranger woman, daughter; could be death penalty case
1st BBM I am 99.9% sure that is the same Victoria Cox
2nd BBM Good Grief!!

I had no idea! MIssissippi ranks number one for rate of human trafficking in the US! I would have NEVER guessed that. Never.

Human Trafficking Statistics By State 2024
View attachment 510309
Unlucky geography. We have the I-20 corridor and I-55 corridor. It used to be a drug pipeline and now it's humans. It is the path that connects Birmingham, Atlanta, then Memphis to New Orleans. Add to that the coastal area so close to New Orleans and Mobile, and then there are the judges and DA in Hinds Co have become known for being soft on crime. Jackson is a safe haven for any regional criminal to hide in plain sight. Back to that DA in Hinds Co. who was raided (office, home and business) by the FBI not a month ago.

Wade said officers got a tip that Callihan may have an accomplice sometime on Thursday. They tracked Cox down to the Hotel OYO.
[snip]
It is unclear whether Callihan or Cox will be extradited back to Louisiana due to Jackson police uncovering a possible human trafficking site as well as the separate homicide investigation in Mississippi.
Girlfriend of man accused of killing Loranger mother, child arrested by Jackson police

The FBI returned to the scene of Boozier Drive near McCluer Road on Friday morning and were seen collecting evidence. Drone video above shows the investigation underway.
[snip]
Renee Brown lives a few doors down from where she said Callihan lived in Jackson. Brown said she never thought he could do something like this.
FBI returns to scene where girl's body was found

Authorities arrested Daniel Callihan Thursday evening (June 13) following the discovery of four-year-old Erin Brunett’s body. He was booked into Rankin County Jail. An alleged accomplice, Victoria Cox, was also arrested, according to Jackson police.
View attachment 510315
Is this him? Daniel Callihan

Here is Callies Facebook. She is proudly single. I see some male photos about a year ago. Not sure who he is, though.

He could be a brother, or other relative.

Sadly, it sounds like the only good news she received would have been "Well done, good and faithful servant."

According to our sister station WLBT in Jackson, authorities say they are searching for a possible female accomplice.

That would actually make sense, because a woman might be seen as more trustworthy in many situations.

“This individual has used this location to traffic and abduct children. We want to ensure that he and anyone else involved are prosecuted for this act,” he stated. He assured that the crime scene would be meticulously investigated, saying, “We’re going to work this crime scene with a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.”

And this ^^^^^

Wow
I think they mean by this that they're going to go over everything with a figurative fine-toothed comb. As they always should.

really weird money posts??

So sad though she posted missing girl alerts for nearby states :(

“This individual has used this location to traffic and abduct children. We want to ensure that he and anyone else involved are prosecuted for this act,” he stated. He assured that the crime scene would be meticulously investigated, saying, “We’re going to work this crime scene with a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.”

And this ^^^^^

Wow
This sounds like the sheriff KNOWS that DC used this as a trafficking area. I think he actually said “IF this individual has used this location…”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back