Recovered/Located LA - Erin, 4 (deceased) & JB, 6, (safe) mother Callie Brunett killed & children missing, missing 2012 black Chrysler 200, Loranger, 13 Jun 2024

Aahhh I've been waiting for something official to talk about this! He was on a ring doorbell naked with a crossbow and stealing things...

1718425013592.png
My God, this guy was a walking red flag for months before he killed Callie and her little one. The neighbor's point about the arson and other incidents, is heartbreaking. Had he been arrested, he could have been put away for quite a while. Sadly, it seems like a common theme we often see.

Just horrible Crime. I agree that "he" is already thinking about a mental health defense. His media blather was all about him, his mental health, and the fact he has not even had an opportunity to speak to an attorney and lethal injection was on his mind. His "wheels are spinning". He does look like a druggie for sure, will be interesting to know if he really "was sober/clean" when the murders/abduction occurred. The article referencing small cages and human trafficking is gut-wrenching. Such utter brutality. Just sickening to even think about. I hope his "accomplice" goes down hard, she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut though. Ugh! Just why? May both victims rest in peace and the little girl heal and become whole with time. As for the two suspects, be gone with them!!!!

Just horrible Crime. I agree that "he" is already thinking about a mental health defense. His media blather was all about him, his mental health, and the fact he has not even had an opportunity to speak to an attorney and lethal injection was on his mind. His "wheels are spinning". He does look like a druggie for sure, will be interesting to know if he really "was sober/clean" when the murders/abduction occurred. The article referencing small cages and human trafficking is gut-wrenching. Such utter brutality. Just sickening to even think about. I hope his "accomplice" goes down hard, she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut though. Ugh! Just why? May both victims rest in peace and the little girl heal and become whole with time. As for the two suspects, be gone with them!!!!
In the neighbor interview, the woman says she has a dog grooming business attached to her home. DC came to her and asked if he could have a job. She refused of course, but I’m wondering if he was going to try to start his own business. Hence the animal cages? Maybe just coincidence and there is evidence of trafficking, other than just small cages. But the thought did occur to me after I heard the interview.

In the neighbor interview, the woman says she has a dog grooming business attached to her home. DC came to her and asked if he could have a job. She refused of course, but I’m wondering if he was going to try to start his own business. Hence the animal cages? Maybe just coincidence and there is evidence of trafficking, other than just small cages. But the thought did occur to me after I heard the interview.
I have a feeling it's a read between the lines situation here. No full police department and CHIEF of police is going to say human trafficking from a cage alone. When he says there is evidence and they have to look into it, I believe him. I think the state of the 2 little girls, coupled with what they saw in this abandoned house is more horrible than anyone will ever know or realize. The chief doesn't seem like an overreactor or exaggerator. He is over the capital city of Mississippi with heavy crime. I think I would have been Slightly more cautious with the Tangipahoa Parish police (Callies scene), as that's at least a smaller town. I don't know if anything will come of what they found, but I believe it is worse than he described.

I have a feeling it's a read between the lines situation here. No full police department and CHIEF of police is going to say human trafficking from a cage alone. When he says there is evidence and they have to look into it, I believe him. I think the state of the 2 little girls, coupled with what they saw in this abandoned house is more horrible than anyone will ever know or realize. The chief doesn't seem like an overreactor or exaggerator. He is over the capital city of Mississippi with heavy crime. I think I would have been Slightly more cautious with the Tangipahoa Parish police (Callies scene), as that's at least a smaller town. I don't know if anything will come of what they found, but I believe it is worse than he described.
I totally agree with you. The JPD chief sees horrible things on a daily basis in a city where crime has a chokehold on everyone. There is more I could say, but I digress in the interest of staying on topic. All this to say, he is not a small-town LEO who is shocked by much. JPD has always had a spokesperson for years who handled the media during times like these and I was shocked that the chief said all that he did on camera without their PR person present. I agree that there must have been so much more on site that led him to make the statements he made to the media.

I didn't see that interview. Was that a neighbor in Amite, LA? I don't picture him having that kind of access to this Jackson property, but I could be wrong. The JPD chief kept saying the cages were in the woods. I would think they have a lot of experience with dog fighting rings and finding cages in the woods would immediately bring that speculation before human trafficking, which is why I was shocked that he went there so quickly and publicly. I feel that there must have been much more there than animal cages to bring these assumptions out so quickly. Now, who knows what further investigation will reveal. I know many just think he acted on his own. I hope an investigation will reveal the truth.

I didn't see that interview. Was that a neighbor in Amite, LA? I don't picture him having that kind of access to this Jackson property, but I could be wrong. The JPD chief kept saying the cages were in the woods. I would think they have a lot of experience with dog fighting rings and finding cages in the woods would immediately bring that speculation before human trafficking, which is why I was shocked that he went there so quickly and publicly. I feel that there must have been much more there than animal cages to bring these assumptions out so quickly. Now, who knows what further investigation will reveal. I know many just think he acted on his own. I hope an investigation will reveal the truth.

Louisiana law apparently makes someone with a "mental disease or defect"... "exempt from criminal prosecution." The standard is whether they can "distinguish right from wrong at the time of the crime."

This is a sad and horrific case.
I think he can distinguish right from wrong. He knew to run. He knew to get rid of the kids when the police were hot on his tail. I worked in mental health. Those who truly don't know don't usually run. They are there with the crime, when the police show up. Usually with a story that doesn't quite make sense. This dude isn't it. He didn't even find a random child. He specifically drove to the house of an ex girlfriend who he knew had little daughters and abducted them. He ran with an accomplice to abuse the children. In the end, he not only admitted it, but clearly explained all his excuses. I do not suspect this will fit the mental defect, in Louisiana. I guess we are... hhmm..hmm... what's the words, cause lucky isn't it. But we have a murder in 2 different states. So we get 2 tries with 2 different systems.

Obviously just my opinion on the matter.

Oh wow. So he has lived there for several months with the girlfriend Victoria. Poor Callie thought he was long in her rear view mirror. Even at Christmas time, she was proudly single. My heart hurts for her and her family so much.
Previous to that, he lived there with his mom - so he's been there for a while.

Thanks, Knox. I had not seen that interview. I really feel for those folks who lived near him. What a nightmare. He probably only had interest in being near her pretty daughter or those other children she mentioned coming in with clients.

So where is his mom now, I do wonder?

Thanks, Knox. I had not seen that interview. I really feel for those folks who lived near him. What a nightmare. He probably only had interest in being near her pretty daughter or those other children she mentioned coming in with clients.

So where is his mom now, I do wonder?
No clue, but his poor sister. She's local and speaking on social media, I hate it when a perp's family is targeted unfairly. They are victims too. No one is responsible, but the two monsters sitting behind bars.

I'm not sure this would have saved the girls from Daniel Callihan and what he did to them, but when time is critical - it's distressing to think of all the red tape/hoops it takes to get an alert issued.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73
Back