LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm. Thank you!! That is exactly what I was wondering. So, it seems that technically, we would have an actual city full of serial killers, as the number of teardrops I see on the sides of faces all the time far exceeds 2! But, for the curiosity and sleuth aspect of the victims of a serial killer, we mentally define them differently. I am going to have to let that marinate tonight! It is an interesting mental divide, to me, that the one that is less common is the one that is given the most attention. But, they are essentially the same thing. Thanks for hopping in there with me!

I love this show! I DVR it so hubby and I can watch together over the weekend. I really hope they can bring justice to Eugenie.

But, can I just say - Aubry makes me swoon.

Lmao!! SWOON is an understatement! That man has some yummy pipes on him. He can toss me around a ...ummm.....
yeah, disregard

(insert hoe emoji)

Unlike some other states, Louisiana retains DNA profiles of everyone arrested, even if no charges are filed or the person is acquitted. The DNA profile of someone cleared of charges is not automatically erased from CODIS in Louisiana, though it can be expunged upon request. Some states require profiles to be removed from the system if an arrestee is not convicted.

Franz Borghardt, a Baton Rouge defense attorney, said the state’s process to remove DNA profiles from the database is expensive and cumbersome.

“Is it legal? It’s legal in the sense that it’s been passed by the Legislature, but it definitely smells of Big Brother,” Borghardt said.

Every year, the number of cases submitted to crime labs across the state for DNA analysis increases. Brocato, of the State Police Crime Lab, said her lab’s caseload jumped 25 percent in 2015 from the year before, including a 70 percent rise in sexual assault kit submissions. The number of DNA swabs sent in on nonviolent property crime cases also has been rising, Brocato said.

East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Dana Cummings said any privacy risks are worth the trade-off.

“It’s not like it’s this top secret that unlocks the key to our existence,” she said of DNA. “We leave it everywhere.”

And the payoff for collecting it can be huge, she added.

“It’s a minor intrusion if you can solve a homicide,” Cummings said. “Even Derrick Todd Lee started off raising red flags that aren’t violent felonies.”

Yes! I have been seeing commercials all day and am sooo excited! It looks like they go more into the behind the scenes stuff. Can't wait.

Saw the updated show last night. So her ex- husband future wife was pregnant before Eugenie and he were divorced. Hmmm

I didn't like the narrator on the wrap up episode last night. I did not like the way he pronounced Eugenie's name.

Secondly, it seems that the last witness they showed was referred to as a 'relative'. I am assuming it was a relative of the second wife?

Eugenie disappeared and died between June 13, 1997 and early August, 1997.

- According to the witness shown with blurred head at the end, the ex-husband divorced Eugenie August, 1996.
- He married wife #2 in September 1996.
- The ex and wife #2 had a child born in December, 1996.
- A detective puts the conception date of the child at about February 1996.

So, how long do divorces take in Louisiana? When did the ex say he was divorcing her?

From earlier in the episode I gathered that he also divorced wife #2 and that there is a wife #3. Did I hear that correctly?

There are too many easily answerable questions that aren't being addressed and that I am starting to find frustrating. Makes it hard to discuss anything.

i.b.nora, I think he is divorced from wife#2. I think it was mentioned.

I must say that I was disappointed in the way the show ended.

It was hard to follow about the wives but the way I understood it was that <modsnip> is now on his fourth wife.

I didn't like the narrator on the wrap up episode last night. I did not like the way he pronounced Eugenie's name.

Secondly, it seems that the last witness they showed was referred to as a 'relative'. I am assuming it was a relative of the second wife?

Eugenie disappeared and died between June 13, 1997 and early August, 1997.

- According to the witness shown with blurred head at the end, the ex-husband divorced Eugenie August, 1996.
- He married wife #2 in September 1996.
- The ex and wife #2 had a child born in December, 1996.
- A detective puts the conception date of the child at about February 1996.

So, how long do divorces take in Louisiana? When did the ex say he was divorcing her?

From earlier in the episode I gathered that he also divorced wife #2 and that there is a wife #3. Did I hear that correctly?

There are too many easily answerable questions that aren't being addressed and that I am starting to find frustrating. Makes it hard to discuss anything.

Hi i.b.nora, I totally agree with you with starting to find it frustrating.

Watching the episode, there were a few parts I really wish had been part of the original 6 episodes, including when Rodie & Aubrey meet with the other investigators who dealt with the Derrick Todd Lee & Sean Vincent Gillis cases.

I keep remembering what Aubrey said in this episode, "...the DNA, how much has it degraded in that box? Time is not on our side in this case. It's a huge dilemma. It's real cold."

I really liked the section with Parabon & snapshot DNA to create a physical profile image of the suspect. That was fascinating. Sadly the DNA from Eugenie's case is too degraded to be used for this. It's like there's a roadblock on every turn!

Here's a link. I want to read more snapshot DNA from show:
https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

It was hard to follow about the wives but the way I understood it was that <modsnip> is now on his fourth wife.

OMG I was thinking yesterday, what if Eugenie & ex were seeing each other, maybe talking about reconciling, and they didn't want friends to know, so she referred to the man she was seeing as "Robert" Now I see here, his<modsnip>. Hmmmm

In Louisiana, I think you have to be physically separated for a year before divorce. I actually think it is VERY common for people to move on with their lives and date, even get into another serious relationship within that year. Its almost unheard of that the newly separated doesnt date within that year! A year is a long time to expect people who have moved on with their lives to remain faithful to only each other. In my opinion, by the time people file for divorce and have to wait the year, the mental separation has been taking place for a real long time before that. I will definitely not hold that timeline against him or think it is odd. Rodie probably has tons of overlap with his 6! HA!!! I, also, think she could have still been seeing him on the side, which could have caused major problems for his world, her family, lots of people. That could be his weirdness, but he would def be better served just saying that if it is what happened. Now, he's lied too deep!

I find it strange that there is no information on the internet concerning the name of the ex husband. None. Also when securing the DNA in the killing fields they secured it from his personal vehicle even though in a public area. It was not from a discarded item. Is that legal? They also did not give a better explanation dealing with the DNA results. Just saying he could not be excluded. Just how degraded is that DNA. Also I did more research found out that when her body was founded that it wasn't properly handled. And the underwear were found around on of her ankles that had been submerged in water for no one knows how long. There are still too many unanswered questions.

I find it strange that there is no information on the internet concerning the name of the ex husband. None. Also when securing the DNA in the killing fields they secured it from his personal vehicle even though in a public area. It was not from a discarded item. Is that legal? They also did not give a better explanation dealing with the DNA results. Just saying he could not be excluded. Just how degraded is that DNA. Also I did more research found out that when her body was founded that it wasn't properly handled. And the underwear were found around on of her ankles that had been submerged in water for no one knows how long. There are still too many unanswered questions.
Surreptitious (cast off) DNA collection is legal. The key word is "public". In other words, there's no expectation of privacy to DNA we leave behind in public places, whether on a water bottle, cigarette butt, or door handle. Generally, those samples are not used as evidence in court. It's mainly a technique to identify a suspect. Once identified, an investigator will ask for a voluntary sample, or obtain a search warrant if other evidence exist to justify one.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ggYMAQ&usg=AFQjCNE0TJI1zL7mJahR6VV55ISi-epP8A

Where did you read that the CS was mishandled?

Iberville Parish detectives wrap up “Killing Fields” reality show without an arrest in cold case homicide | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2/21/16
[...]
Viewers hoping for a resolution to the case likely were disappointed. The show ended its first season with more questions than detectives had when they reopened the case in August for filming. No arrests were made.

But Hebert said they are combing through Boisfontaine’s financial records and following up on countless leads that have been pouring in since the show premiered.

“Police work cannot be solved in a six-hour series,” Detective Aubrey St. Angelo said. “Some of these leads could have validity to them, but it’s tough working all our other cases and chasing all the leads on this down, too.”

[...]
The testing results revealed that her ex-husband’s DNA could not be included or excluded from the samples lifted off Boisfontaine’s tattered undergarments.

Hebert is quick to point out that Boisfontaine’s ex-husband is not a suspect.

“Until they tell me we have explored every avenue out there and there is no other place we can look, the case will remain active,” he said.

The Discovery Channel has announced that it ordered six more episodes of “Killing Fields.” But officials said they haven’t determined yet if the new episodes will be a continuation of Boisfontaine’s case or if they will feature a new case with another law enforcement agency.

More@Link

http://theadvocate.com/news/1483924...ity-show-without-an-arrest-in-cold-case-homic

#JusticeForEugenie
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discovery's Killing Fields True Crime Series Gives Brother of Murder Victim Eugenie Boisfontaine Hope of 1997 Cold Case Being Solved : People.com
a0e05923b1387f1a153fefc1a84cb207.jpg

Eugenie Boisfontaine

Embedded video:
[video=youtu;GZK_OOw8PWg]http://youtu.be/GZK_OOw8PWg[/video]

http://www.people.com/article/killing-fields-brother-eugenie-boisfontaine-hopeful-about-cold-case

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything pertaining to her case or the show? I just googled, am not seeing anything new

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back