LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO...
I'm fairly new to posting but I have watched this show from the beginning. IIRC, she died from blunt force trauma to the head-back of the head? It seems that a serial killer would relish in the killing of his victim and would likely prolong the event such as strangulation or stabbing, although I'm aware that this is not the case with all SKs. Hitting somebody in the back of the head sounds to me like it might have been done quickly out of anger. What if Eugenie had a rendezvous with her ex husband during which they had sex...then she threatened to tell the ex husbands wife (who had already had a child by him?). That might make him angry enough to want to get rid of her during which he hit her on the head out of rage then dumps her body and puts her personal items in a place he knomws she frequents (the walking trail). Just thinking out loud.
I thought it was interesting that her ID and credit cards were lying on the ground in a circle. I wonder (if it was a SK), did he take something with him? Lots of questions. Did she have on jewelry and was it all accounted for?

JMO...
I'm fairly new to posting but I have watched this show from the beginning. IIRC, she died from blunt force trauma to the head-back of the head? It seems that a serial killer would relish in the killing of his victim and would likely prolong the event such as strangulation or stabbing, although I'm aware that this is not the case with all SKs. Hitting somebody in the back of the head sounds to me like it might have been done quickly out of anger. What if Eugenie had a rendezvous with her ex husband during which they had sex...then she threatened to tell the ex husbands wife (who had already had a child by him?). That might make him angry enough to want to get rid of her during which he hit her on the head out of rage then dumps her body and puts her personal items in a place he knows she frequents (the walking trail). Just thinking out loud.

I was thinking along the same lines. If he is responsible she could've had something on him she threatened to tell, I cant see why he would've done this so long after the divorce. Maybe he saw her as a threat. If he did it, he risked everything by doing it but what did he have to gain. I wonder if they were co-owners of anything at that time.

I thought it was interesting that her ID and credit cards were lying on the ground in a circle. I wonder (if it was a SK), did he take something with him? Lots of questions. Did she have on jewelry and was it all accounted for?

Didn't hear mention of any jewelry. There was talk of a black dress and stockings in a early article but in the three blurred photo's they flashed in the 5th episode she appeared to be without clothes.

Just a a side note...Back when DTL was stalking and killing, he drove a dump truck (?) or some sort of truck. He sometimes went into the plants around Baton Rouge. My husband worked in the plants and remembered him well. This is how they "fit in" to society. SK's look like everyone else. Scares the hell out of me.

Just a a side note...Back when DTL was stalking and killing, he drove a dump truck (?) or some sort of truck. He sometimes went into the plants around Baton Rouge. My husband worked in the plants and remembered him well. This is how they "fit in" to society. SK's look like everyone else. Scares the hell out of me.

I hear ya - this point was really driven home for me when BTK Dennis Rader was arrested. I don't know what I expected him to look like - monstrous? Scary? But not this guy, your regular run of the mill church council president.

Are the DNA samples too degraded to do ethnicity/genealogical testing on?

Roadie question on KF FB page: why was ex not questioned 18 years ago?

Reply: he was questioned on the phone by PI and his answered were believed to be truthful.

Roadie question on KF FB page: why was ex not questioned 18 years ago?

Reply: he was questioned on the phone by PI and his answered were believed to be truthful.

So, Det. Sanchez or someone from the sheriff's office didn't speak to him directly? Who hired the PI? Eugenie's family?

Eugenie's family did hire a PI and I assume this is the PI who called the ex.

Yeah, Roadie kinda sounded disgusted if I read into that right. It seems to come across as he knows they dropped the ball back then and he is trying to fix it now.

I think its going to be hard or prosecute anyone at this point, but at least the family would know who the most likely perp is... ? IDK

I had Discovery on the other night, saw they're having another episode next week.
Finally saw the last episode last night. Can't believe the whole episode was centered around getting his DNA, then him finally going in and not saying a word. I wonder why they did not tell him about the DNA results? I would have liked them to ask him to give a sample, I'm sure he wouldn't; but I'd like to see his reaction.

I've found the spot within four miles from the bar. Interesting location, the video from the show don't quite capture the entire picture. The road itself while not heavily traveled was not exactly isolated. There's houses and farms all along it, even back then.

7240 Manchac Rd St Gabriel, Louisiana

875.jpg

Wanted to look up the name of the lady that found Eugenie. From what I found via public records, it's a 4 minute walk from her house. So she was going to walk the dog and smelled Eugenie.

Killing Fields IMDB EG - Herself - Found Eugenie Boisfontaine's Body (1 episode, 2016)

Roseluvr, it's not a new episode. ID Discovery has been showing a repeat of the Discovery episode that was broadcasted earlier every week.

I had Discovery on the other night, saw they're having another episode next week.
Finally saw the last episode last night. Can't believe the whole episode was centered around getting his DNA, then him finally going in and not saying a word. I wonder why they did not tell him about the DNA results? I would have liked them to ask him to give a sample, I'm sure he wouldn't; but I'd like to see his reaction.

I'm just guessing here but I think since they only had a partial dna profile, this among other things wouldn't be enough for a judge to compel him to give a sample and that is why they obtained it covertly. It wouldn't be enough for a conviction because there would be a certain percentage of the population, and I wonder what that percentage is, that couldn't be excluded.

If they had a full profile that did match his a conviction would still be tricky because of the separate profile that was found on her.

It's possible both sources that were found on her were deposited at the time of the murder.
Finding an acquaintance of his that couldn't be ruled out for the other partial profile might be one avenue to pursue, if he hasn't been silenced. Might get them one step closer. He certainly appears to be hiding something.

I think its like deleted scenes....

It should be a new episode because my DVR has it set to record. I'm not sure what it is but I was glad to see it; even if its scenes that didn't make the show.

I'm just guessing here but I think since they only had a partial dna profile, this among other things wouldn't be enough for a judge to compel him to give a sample and that is why they obtained it covertly. It wouldn't be enough for a conviction because there would be a certain percentage of the population, and I wonder what that percentage is, that couldn't be excluded.

If they had a full profile that did match his a conviction would still be tricky because of the separate profile that was found on her.

It's possible both sources that were found on her were deposited at the time of the murder.
Finding an acquaintance of his that couldn't be ruled out for the other partial profile might be one avenue to pursue, if he hasn't been silenced. Might get them one step closer. He certainly appears to be hiding something.

One of the Air Force bases is doing newer DNA testing; they're able to get a profile from smaller samples. I wonder if they would be successful in getting a better DNA profile from her panties.

It was stated that the Killing Fields will be renewed. Does anyone know if it will be a continuation of Eugenie's case or will it deal with an entirely different case from another area? I've been unsuccessful looking online to find out.

It was stated that the Killing Fields will be renewed. Does anyone know if it will be a continuation of Eugenie's case or will it deal with an entirely different case from another area? I've been unsuccessful looking online to find out.

I can't say for sure, but in the beginning of each episode different cities and states are displayed. I do hope they eventually do a follow-up episode on Eugenie's case.

I have a question that isn't exactly related, but I am curious. I have been thinking a lot about serial killers since this show, the discussion about Derrick Lee (I actually knew Carrie Yoder and saw her the day before she was abducted), him dying, etc etc. I also have been thinking and faced with the massive amount of violence we have in the city. So many times when a person is arrested, there are soooo many more convictions and arrests listed. If a person is maybe more part of a violent lifestyle but kills many people, is it considered a serial killer? Is there any distinction between violence for gain (like say a car or a wallet) versus a kill for the thrill? Just something that was in my brain and hoping someone has some input.

Also, I see that as a response to DTL cause of death, The Killing Fields Facebook person responded that they will have an update on their special episode this Tuesday. So, obviously there is some sort of new episode.

Also, I see that as a response to DTL cause of death, The Killing Fields Facebook person responded that they will have an update on their special episode this Tuesday. So, obviously there is some sort of new episode.

My DVR is set to record a new episode, as well. I have FiOS, and the description is currently blank. I truly hope it is as you've described mpnola.

I am fully invested in Eugenie's case, and look forward to any development! She's waited far too long for her justice!

:gathering:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question that isn't exactly related, but I am curious. I have been thinking a lot about serial killers since this show, the discussion about Derrick Lee (I actually knew Carrie Yoder and saw her the day before she was abducted), him dying, etc etc. I also have been thinking and faced with the massive amount of violence we have in the city. So many times when a person is arrested, there are soooo many more convictions and arrests listed. If a person is maybe more part of a violent lifestyle but kills many people, is it considered a serial killer? Is there any distinction between violence for gain (like say a car or a wallet) versus a kill for the thrill? Just something that was in my brain and hoping someone has some input.

Hi Mpnola,
Your question made me research and see what the FBI has to say on a definition of serial murder. I found this report (which I have not read in full, so I can't vouch for full content) available on their site:
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

There's a section on "defining" serial murder:
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1#two

The report seems to be a result of a symposium. Since there are many definitions and discrepancies, they tried to come on some agreement of what should be part of the definition:

"The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder
In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:
Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events."

Basically, in my opinion, still pretty open-ended. I think that the way most others would define a serial killer case is that the crimes have some sort of "unique" psychological signature particular to them... or repeating in variations on a theme. Even if that theme is violence for gain... there are plenty of black widow cases that would qualify those ladies as serial killers!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back