LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note: JL's daughter is OFF LIMITS for discussion.

Please feel free to bump this post as necessary. Thanks.

I was over in Biloxi this weekend when I heard about Jaren and her body being washed up. I saw articles in the weekend papers about her. Of course I had to come here to find out more info. I have a lot to catch up on here! I see you all have been busy! What a horrible tragedy. Nobody deserves to be killed, especially in this manner - how ever she was killed. I read in the paper that the coroner hasn't been able to determine her cause of death. I know she was a dancer, but ANYONE could have crossed the path of the person who did this to her - anyone of us even. Look at the case of Lauren Giddings. She was an upstanding citizen studying law, and yet she was killed and dismembered. While I would never choose to dance as a profession, I don't think it's right to judge her for her choices. I agree that dancing may have put her in a situation where she was more likely to encounter unsavory characters, but at the same time - I 'm not so sure. My family has personally known 2 people who were murdered in New Orleans (1 local and 1 tourist). The local was just last year. He was walking in the French Quarter and was robbed and left for dead after leaving a bachelor party. His profession - A doctor. The other person was a tourist - also robbed and shot while he sat in the vehicle with his family on his way to a Saints game. He was the son of a very prominent family in the city where I live. While New Orleans is a fun and interesting city, there's also a lot of crime there. I live about 3 hours from there and my husband and I go often, but less and less since Katrina. It's not a place I feel safe walking around anymore.

RIP Jaren

Two things here that have bothered me.
1 The place where Jaren was staying was also a place where many of the people that work off shore stay. Along with people that work around there So I really don't think where she was living had anything to do with this senseless murder.
2 Accodring to Sweetly her B/F had nothing to do with this.Again in so many case here the ones close to them are always the ones to have the fingers pointe at 1st. Which I understand. But after Sweetly came here and said her B/F who I believe is the Father of the child had nothing to do with this.That is good enough for me. IMHO :truce:

As far as the boyfriend goes, I take the family's word, AND I look at the circumstances. Knowing she was seen leaving work with a group of people, seems to clear her boyfriend, imo.

I don't think he has a car, or the resources, to have been able to follow her after work.

The paragraph BBM bothers me!
If he couldnt contact her after he saw her getting into a cab why didnt he go to where she worked or call the club.

I believe i read they have her on video from a cam of her leaving the club.
Sooooo why didnt BF call the club? It seems she was there!

He did everything we would do. He reported her missing to the police.

Her boyfriend had nothing to do with this. He IS NOT A SUSPECT. Jaren's mother has already stated this as fact, on this thread, as have the family members that I have spoken with.

I repeat the bf did not do this! Please lets drop this theory in the round file where it belongs.

I mean no disrespect but I hate to see him drug through the mud his love was found in. If LE is not seeing him as a suspect then neither should we.

He did everything we would do. He reported her missing to the police.

Her boyfriend had nothing to do with this. He IS NOT A SUSPECT. Jaren's mother has already stated this as fact, on this thread, as have the family members that I have spoken with.

I repeat the bf did not do this! Please lets drop this theory in the round file where it belongs.

I mean no disrespect but I hate to see him drug through the mud his love was found in. If LE is not seeing him as a suspect then neither should we.

Absolutely! Early on I was suspicious of him, only because it was (and unfortunately still is) being reported that he was the last to see her as she left to get a cab. You always have to start with the last person to see someone. But when it was revealed that she DID make it to work and was SEEN leaving work, all of my suspicion about the BF went out the window. AND I apologized to him directly (in case he is reading) because it is a very hurtful and damaging thing to be accused of if it is not true. In my case, I was basing my thoughts and suspicions solely on the false reports - so I feel that the media shoulders the blame for my presumptions. It continues to be a failure on their part. There is clear evidence of her leaving work, and the media still can't get it straight!

I take it LE hasn't released a still from the security video showing Jaren and several people, right?

Absolutely! Early on I was suspicious of him, only because it was (and unfortunately still is) being reported that he was the last to see her as she left to get a cab. You always have to start with the last person to see someone. But when it was revealed that she DID make it to work and was SEEN leaving work, all of my suspicion about the BF went out the window. AND I apologized to him directly (in case he is reading) because it is a very hurtful and damaging thing to be accused of if it is not true. In my case, I was basing my thoughts and suspicions solely on the false reports - so I feel that the media shoulders the blame for my presumptions. It continues to be a failure on their part. There is clear evidence of her leaving work, and the media still can't get it straight!

Oh I understand. Im a poster at WS. I have done everything everyone else her is doing. But if I can help to clear things up, I will. I can come off as aggressive its a character flaw...LOL!

http://www.wlox.com/story/18747078/investigators-working-to-solve-gruesome-crime

Grannan confirms no one has been arrested yet for Lockhart's murder, but he said investigators have made strides.

"We have some information about who she may have been with last, but none of it is confirmed so we have a lot, a lot of work to do," Grannan said.

I would imagine they'd need to interview people at the club and that might be a bit of a sticky wicket for some patrons.

I take it LE hasn't released a still from the security video showing Jaren and several people, right?

Nope and most likely wont until they either have their arrest or need our help in finding someone.

I've almost been led to believe that they aren't releasing that video because they fear that the perp will flee. Of course that reasoning doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because if he knows they have a video and he knows he is on it, then he knows the police are coming, right? What's to stop him from leaving now, or who's to say he hasn't already? And even though we may want to see the video, what good does it do for the case if we see it? We may not have any idea who is on it - what's important is that the police know who is on it - AND I CAN ONLY HOPE THEY ARE WATCHING THIS PERSON VERY CLOSELY. Please tell me they are!

Nope and most likely wont until they either have their arrest or need our help in finding someone.

If they eliminate some people, maybe they'll post something if they need help identifying a POI.

Oh I understand. Im a poster at WS. I have done everything everyone else her is doing. But if I can help to clear things up, I will. I can come off as aggressive its a character flaw...LOL!

You aren't doing anything wrong and I don't find you aggressive at all. You are just trying to keep BF name out of this, and that is a good thing! We are so happy to have the insight of those who are close to this situation and/or the family...you have been very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthingIndeed