GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I guess that TS could be cocky enough not to care, but I don't think it was premeditated. I would assume it started off harmless, than add drugs, than arguments, than a fight, than...

For those who know MAS. Might she have become jealous? I know yall say she was moody and all but maybe she just didnt expect her emotions.
Had they done this before? Were they known to be a party couple with a third wheel so too speak?

JMO

For those who know MAS. Might she have become jealous? I know yall say she was moody and all but maybe she just didnt expect her emotions.
Had they done this before? Were they known to be a party couple with a third wheel so too speak?

JMO

That I don't know. Yet in the interview with the dancer from Stiletto's, she mentioned that MAS said that the dancer looked a lot like a girl she's taken home before, or something to that extent.

What I meant was we don't know when it actually washed up before they found it. Could have been 10 minutes or several hours. Other body parts found If I remember right on saturday morning.

But if it was in the area where they have been doing all of that dredging they would have been working there all day. It was a beautiful day, I was down there at 5:30 (not where she was found but nearby).

Speaks and Sanchez were found and taken into custody on unrelated charges after Hancock police received a tip that the couple were at a place of business near Loranger in Tangipahoa Parish.

Tangipahoa police then followed the couple's car as they drove away and stopped them for a routine traffic stop.

MORE: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_torso_c.html

Grannan said two dancers who worked with the murder victim recalled Speaks asking girls to go home with him and his girlfriend, Margaret Sanchez, who is also in custody. They said Speaks tried to lure the dancers into taking part in a threesome or "party" to make extra money.

Investigators now believe that may be why Lockhart left the club with them that same night. A co-worker overheard her asking if she could leave work early to make some extra money at a party.

More: http://www.wafb.com/story/18792017/suspect-may-have-lured-dancer-to-private-party

Speaks and Sanchez were found and taken into custody on unrelated charges after Hancock police received a tip that the couple were at a place of business near Loranger in Tangipahoa Parish.

Tangipahoa police then followed the couple's car as they drove away and stopped them for a routine traffic stop.

MORE: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_torso_c.html

Grannan said two dancers who worked with the murder victim recalled Speaks asking girls to go home with him and his girlfriend, Margaret Sanchez, who is also in custody. They said Speaks tried to lure the dancers into taking part in a threesome or "party" to make extra money.

Investigators now believe that may be why Lockhart left the club with them that same night. A co-worker overheard her asking if she could leave work early to make some extra money at a party.

More: http://www.wafb.com/story/18792017/suspect-may-have-lured-dancer-to-private-party

And knowing this, how is it possible that she has bail set so low!?

Just to clarify the rain timeline:
Because I love rain & have to re-arrange the work done at my business (in D'iberville, MS) around the rain, I recall it was not raining the day she was killed (Wed.) nor the day her torso arrived on our shoreline (Thurs.)
The torrential downfall began on Friday & that's what kept me indoors -& hooked on this case.

You are right! It was a beautiful day, I was down by the water 1/2 hr before she was found. But the rains didn't start until Friday and continued through Sunday. They had searched a good portion of the shoreline for blood evidence before the rains came.

Oh lord no. This tells me they found nothing at the house in Kenner to link her. My heart sank when they left after only 5 hrs. Now what

They might have nothing at the house, but MAS trying to get others to go with them is something!

I hate to keep referring to the Lauren Giddings case, but there are parallels that keep popping up.

Stephen McDaniel was initially arrested and held on a burglary, not murder charge. He told investigator's that he stole condoms from another apartment in his complex. I don't recall exactly how long they held him on the burglary charges, but think it was around a month or so. This gave the Macon DA time to form their probable cause indictment. Much more to this case, but don't want to clog up Jaren's page with all the details and twists and turns.

So, yes Surfie it can be done.
From what I understand, MAS was arrested for charges relating to being pulled over in Loranger. I can't remember if she had previous warrants in MS or not. But I think she resisted arrest in La when the police pulled them over a couple of days ago. Clearly TS had warrants out and that, coupled with the tips, etc, gave LE enough PC to pull them over. Then, when MAS resisted arrest, they brought her in for that. Like I said, assuming she didn't have warrants out in MS (forgive me if she did and I'm forgetting), the demand for extradition would have had to have come after she was arrested by MS courts. In that case, they are demanding her extradition because she committed some act in MS. She didn't waive her hearing because, obviously, she would have to be delivered to MS at that point. She is challenging the extradition demand, perhaps, because her attorneys think she will get a more objective jury or a more "friendly" venue in La. As far as the warrant to search the house, once LE pulled them over they may have found something in the vehicle that gave them PC to request a warrant to search the home. Keeping TS in custody is a no brainer. Keeping MAS is probably contingent upon her status going from a "POI" to a "suspect." Clearly other information has come to light. Now they can keep her related to JL's disappearance, not just for resisting arrest. If MS is demanding her extradition, they believe she's done something criminal in MS. Again, forgive me if its already been stated that she had a warrant in MS. Check out Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure, Articles 261 et seq. CCRP 230.2 talks about continued detention of an arrested person without a warrant. Basically, MAS is entitled to a determination of PC (probable cause) within 48 hours of her arrest. This can be deterined with affidavits, etc. If she doesn't get that, she has to be released on her own recognances.

South shore of Rigolets Pass:
1jb0v4.png

North shore:
2mqvlp3.png

I've been fishing along the south shore area many times. At the tip on both sides of the interstate are roads and rocky beaches. It is used sporadically such that there is often no one around, but a car parked there wouldn't draw attention. It's easy enough to get to that someone unfamiliar with the area could easily reach it.

My best guess is around there was where they dumped the remains.

So in your opinion a body dumped there would travel east to BSL?

But if it was in the area where they have been doing all of that dredging they would have been working there all day. It was a beautiful day, I was down there at 5:30 (not where she was found but nearby).

True but the sand that they are pulling from is piled up by the Washington st pier. That is many blocks away from bay oaks dr. They found her before 6pm. Wouldn't that be around quitting time for them. They could have passed the torso many times before actually seeing it. Also, the beach is quite wide so The work being done covers a lot of area. JMO of course

I agree. I guess that TS could be cocky enough not to care, but I don't think it was premeditated. I would assume it started off harmless, than add drugs, than arguments, than a fight, than...

:seeya:QuarterRatty and welcome to Websleuths!!

I keep teetering back and forth as to whether there was premeditation. After reading the interview with Sheila Nand it sure seems like those 2 were dead set on acquiring themselves a victim though. I guess robbery could have been a motive but I mean really, how much money could they have gotten off Sheila or Jaren? I get this sense they were after more than money, drugs or sex but perhaps I'm just over thinking their true intent.

I do agree with what you said about MAS being TS puppet. Did you know him by his real name or did he go by Alan as someone mentioned to us a couple of days ago? I guess him taking her last name was his attempt to keep LE from locating him since he was a wanted man even prior to Jaren's death.

ETA: We got a little glimpse of his cockiness I guess just by him refusing to give LE his real name when he damned well knew they would find out anyway.

So, if Nand's statement is accurate, S&S were looking for sex and drugs.

I just realized something, if both S&S were Bourbon St. and strip club regulars, why would they approach a stranger (Nand) to recruit for fun and ask for drugs?

Wouldn't an acquaintance be a more trustworthy source for those kinds of things? There may be some reason that I am overlooking, but this line of thought makes it appear premeditated, although their ultimate goal is hard to say.

Good question. If he was a doorman at a club, then he knew plenty of drug dealers he could have approached for drugs. Imo, he was looking to rob and rape someone. And killing them would be the necessary ending.

You guys are some fast. I can't keep up on my phone, as reading and typing on on a tiny screen is akin to eating soup with chopsticks.

True but the sand that they are pulling from is piled up by the Washington st pier. That is many blocks away from bay oaks dr. They found her before 6pm. Wouldn't that be around quitting time for them. They could have passed the torso many times before actually seeing it. Also, the beach is quite wide so The work being done covers a lot of area. JMO of course

I am not sure where Bay Oaks Dr is, I was near Old Town at St. Stan's, is it near there? There were many people in the area at that time, walkers and such. Workers were still on the beach when I was down there at at 5:30. I know where the Wash pier is and there is a lot of sand there! But that is far down the beach, as you said.

" said two dancers who worked with the murder victim recalled Speaks asking girls to go home with him and his girlfriend, Margaret Sanchez, who is also in custody. They said Speaks tried to lure the dancers into taking part in a threesome or "party" to make extra money."

This plus Sheila Nand's account just makes me think they were cruising for a victim. Nobody else either trusted them and wouldn't or luckily could not join their little "party". Maybe they decided to try the girl that was acquainted and trusted them. Still leaves so many questions about them knowing they were being video taped for security purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member