GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Seems very specific, measured, considered. That was my initial thought when the first discovery was made.

Odd, considering identifiable tattoos and jewelry were intact.

I'm rethinking a previous theory.

I really don't think they thought it would ever be discovered. If TS did do it I suspect its cockiness, perhaps and that is only a perhaps, he's killed before and not been caught.

I also read that they worked together and they were friends. Most importantly, there are quite a few dancers in the FQ that come up missing or dead. A portion of society considers them throw aways so there deaths are not investigated as they should be and get very little attention in the media. Jaren's case is all over the news because she was found in the next state. Too many states, counties and parishes involved to sweep it under the rug. Thank goodness for that

Well, they get less attention because they often live transient lives, from one place to the next. Being adults they are free to disappear. Many of them don't have families who keep tabs on them. And SO MANY of them are never found. Jaren had people who kept tabs on her and her body was found. That alone made the difference in this case. The fact that she washed up on a beach in pieces makes it all the more newsworthy. I think there was immense public outrage once pieces of her washed up. People were paying attention and came forward with information to help. There was a lot in Jaren's favor here for justice to be done. Sadly, so many of these girls don't have that.

I have seen posted on this board that arms were found; where is the article/source that states that?

From reading the newspapers, I have only heard the torso, head, two calves, and a thigh were recovered. Help me out here if I am wrong.

Not a far stretch at all.
I also think there was a heavy hitter involved, either in real life or invented.

If there was an actual big fish on the hook...I'll think about that if there's evidence of it. Lots of possibilities, all hypothetical.

And some of those possibilities I don't want to think about but my mind took me there way too soon.:tears:

I agree with the previous conjecture that TS is probably not an addict. He's eluded LE is several states.

I think there are many forms of addiction and IMO he may be of a darker and obviously more sinister breed.

I think he used MAS mental and addictive weaknesses to play out his evil desires. She was likely a ticking time bomb and he had all the right fuel.

I am surprised that there arent more women in other states coming forward to say they had some involvement with TS-then again, I don't know how much national attention this case is actually receiving.

JMO

Well, they get less attention because they often live transient lives, from one place to the next. Being adults they are free to disappear. Many of them don't have families who keep tabs on them. And SO MANY of them are never found. Jaren had people who kept tabs on her and her body was found. That alone made the difference in this case. The fact that she washed up on a beach in pieces makes it all the more newsworthy. I think there was immense public outrage once pieces of her washed up. People were paying attention and came forward with information to help. There was a lot in Jaren's favor here for justice to be done. Sadly, so many of these girls don't have that.

That was my point. If she had not washed up, they would have swept her disappearance under the rug. No body no crime. NOPD is famous for this. It's not going away cuz of many states many counties and many parishes are involved. This benefits her family greatly. Her death will not go unnoticed because of the fore mentioned.

I have seen posted on this board that arms were found; where is the article/source that states that?

From reading the newspapers, I have only heard the torso, head, a calve, and a thigh were recovered. Help me out here if I am wrong.

No arms hands or feet were found

True - but the photographer did do that photo shoot in new orleans and she also has photos of people spinning fire on her page.

Its her. The belly button and the mole on her belly are the same as her photo on model MM. Its definitely her.

Goodnight all! I'm sure by the time I wake up tomorrow there will be 20 more pages to catch up on. Let's be praying for formal charges against them both tomorrow!!!! That would be wonderful news to wake up to.

Its her. The belly button and the mole on her belly are the same as her photo on model MM. Its definitely her.

She states on that page that she spins fire. I think the pics are her spinning. I think she called it spinning poi. Idk what poi is but neighbors said she twirled batons in her front yard. I guess that's what she did in the FQ. They said she was a street performer.

Just some thoughts....

LE is building their case. They want to make sure that anyone and everyone that was involved in her murder is brought to justice.

As long as they are able to keep these two in custody, they are not going to jump to press charges for murder. They will methodically combine evidence to put the pieces together so they have a strong case against whoever committed this crime.

The goal is to see that all of the players are convicted. The more time LE can buy the better.

The fact that there are multiple agencies involved in this investigation gives me hope that justice will be served.

Right now, they have the key players that either committed this crime or can lead them to who did.

It would be simplify things if we knew there was a crime scene at MAS house. If that were the case it would point more directly at MAS and TS.

Right now, I have to keep an open mind because LE has not pressed formal charges against these two yet. This could be for many different reasons.

Either they are building the evidence against them or they suspect there are other players involed.

That was my point. If she had not washed up, they would have swept her disappearance under the rug. No body no crime. NOPD is famous for this. It's not going away cuz of many states many counties and many parishes are involved. This benefits her family greatly. Her death will not go unnoticed because of the fore mentioned.

I've said this before and I guess you guys may think I'm crazy but...

I really feel that Jaren is helping to reveal all even in death.

She would not stay hidden in the ocean. I can close my eyes and see her spirit pushing her body parts to shore.

It's been stated she would light up a room, well maybe she's lighting the path for this investigation.

She may not be here physically but spiritually she's not done yet and she's gonna make sure justice is served and the jerks responsible are not around when her daughter grows up.

I have felt this from the beginning for whatever it's worth. It's almost like Lacey coming home and sealing Scotts fate.

Wow, thanks for that info! Good to know it's a bad place to be. I'm not familiar, where is it located?

Parchman Mississippi.

Delta region. Kinda in the central northish east side of the state near the river. Picked as the site for the prison because of the rich soils there, where historically cotton grew well and inmates formed chain gangs to work the soil and harvest the cotton.

Here's a great article on NPR.org about what historically has gone on at Parchman, along with the new problems that supermax has caused:

Almost every inmate in isolation will be released back into the public one day. But there are a few prison officials who are rethinking the idea of isolation — and wondering if there might be a better way.

One of them is Don Cabana (by the way, I know Cabana as he was a colleague of mine in the university system--great guy, anti-DP, but was a firm hand as prison warden). He began his career in corrections the way most people did 30 years ago in the South: On the back of a horse, a shotgun in one hand and 100 prisoners below him, picking cotton.

The inmates were prisoners at a place called Parchman, a prison deep in the farmlands of Mississippi.

"Parchman was like any other prison: Nobody ever cared about it or cared what went on there," Cabana says. "And there's no question inmates were beaten and abused. I would go so far as to say some were probably even murdered."

Locking Down a Lawless Prison Environment

For almost a century, Parchman was notoriously violent. It was known as a place where inmates did hard time. By the time Don Cabana became warden in 1981, things had changed at Parchman. Much of the prisoner abuse had subsided, but there were new problems.

It was overcrowded, underfunded and full of bored, violent inmates — the result of an explosion in gangs and drug crime. Assaults on staff were increasing. Instead of worrying about the guards killing the inmates, Cabana says he worried about the inmates killing his guards.

"I had three officers stabbed one morning by one inmate," he says, "and the only reason he stabbed them is because he was trying to elevate his status in the Aryan brotherhood. Damn near kills all three of them. You know, you take your staff being injured by these people very personally, because you feel like you have failed somehow. And a warden's worst nightmare is losing a staff person."

For Cabana, that was the last straw. He pulled the inmate into his office and shut the door.

"I sat there and I said, 'Well, Bubba. I tell you, you've made it to the big time,'" Cabana says, describing his conversation with the inmate. "'Are you prepared for all the benefits?' And he said, 'Well, like what?' And I said, 'I'm going to lock this place down so tight and so long that you'll never see the sunshine. And you see, I'm going to do it to a thousand inmates in here, not just you.'"

That's just what Cabana did. He looked at states including California, Arizona and Illinois and saw they were creating a new place to put bad inmates: 1,000-bed, high-tech isolation units known as Supermax prisons. That meant 23 hours a day in a cell, one hour alone in an exercise pen. No television, no contact with the outside world, nothing but a concrete cell.

SO MUCH MORE at this link... by the way, Don is no longer Warden. Chris Epps is--an African American man, and a firm hand who had mighty huge shoes to fill when Don left....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5587644

Just some thoughts....

LE is building their case. They want to make sure that anyone and everyone that was involved in her murder is brought to justice.

As long as they are able to keep these two in custody, they are not going to jump to press charges for murder. They will methodically combine evidence to put the pieces together so they have a strong case against whoever committed this crime.

The goal is to see that all of the players are convicted. The more time LE can buy the better.

The fact that there are multiple agencies involved in this investigation gives me hope that justice will be served.

Right now, they have the key players that either committed this crime or can lead them to who did.

It would be simplify things if we knew there was a crime scene at MAS house. If that were the case it would point more directly at MAS and TS.

Right now, I have to keep an open mind because LE has not pressed formal charges against these two yet. This could be for many different reasons.

Either they are building the evidence against them or they suspect there are other players involed.

I agree. I just hope with so many hands in the fire they don't muck things up. NOPD is famous for that as we all know. I think it most important that they communicate well with each other and not make
this a pissing contest between jurisdiction leaving Jaren to fall through the cracks.

I've said this before and I guess you guys may think I'm crazy but...

I really feel that Jaren is helping to reveal all even in death.

She would not stay hidden in the ocean. I can close my eyes and see her spirit pushing her body parts to shore.

It's been stated she would light up a room, well maybe she's lighting the path for this investigation.

She may not be here physically but spiritually she's not done yet and she's gonna make sure justice is served and the jerks responsible are not around when her daughter grows up.

I have felt this from the beginning for whatever it's worth. It's almost like Lacey coming home and sealing Scotts fate.

Beautifully put

Pure conjecture, but perhaps the tools were dumped in the water with Jaren's body and sank.

Also, what if they killed her in MS and then freaked out about what to do with the body. Then, maybe they went to Wal-Mart to buy supplies (trash bags, cutting devices, etc.), which could be where they may be caught on surveillance cameras . . .

This happened in a Michigan case that some of us followed closely. Husband busted for the crime when his dumb *advertiser censored* went into a Walmart at 3AM, bought a tarp, shovel, gloves, duct tape, baseball cap, etc. In other words, he bought a murder kit at Walmart on his trek from VA to MI to kill his estranged wife. How difficult was it for investigators to stop at all the walmarts along the way and ask to see surveillance film for the specific date and time of his trip? He was cold busted, and it all came down to what he purchased at a Walmart to dispose of his wife. Venus Stewart case... very interesting--and were it not for those purchases, he might have gotten away with the crime. As of now, he's serving the rest of his life in prison, and venus' body has never been recovered (unless there's been a development since I followed the case a couple years ago).

I read in a previous post that he wasn't into drugs....his mug shot doesn't have the appearance of someone strung out. Her mugshot, and the video clip going to court, looks like someone who is completely cracked out. The dancer's comments (that worked next door) about MAS looking desperate, hungry, etc. tell me a lot. The scenario that keeps going through my mind, is that TS is a complete PSYCHO. I think there's a fairly good chance that MAS could have been in a corner in lala land, high on whatever, while TS did God knows what to JL. I see MAS being in on the dismembering/disposal, in an attempt to cover their tracks. Maybe they're both innocent, or MAS is actually the mastermind behind the whole thing, I have no idea. All I know is that MAS looked as cracked out as anyone I've ever seen - and I'll bet that she wasn't in the frame of mind to spell her name, much less put a sentence together. My money's on him having at minimum, planned to assault whoever left with them. MAS, whatever her involvement, is still on the hook, since ignorant crackhead isn't a defense. Just my wild speculation:) JMO/IMO

This may seem out of line to some, but IMO (and in my experience) to dwell in the underworld like they do requires either drugs or (if not on drugs) a twisted mind. If TS didn't do drugs, then that would make me believe more that he is a calculating psycho, noting also his ability to evade state and federal police across the country for years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420