GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walmart in bay st Louis is not open 24 hrs.

I think the one in Pass Christian is open 24 hrs, and it's not far at all from BSL.

I tell you, though, Slidell is right on their route, and with the swamps all there, and a 24 hour WM supercenter there, it makes you wonder why the went out of state instead of taking advantage of the very desolate areas along the Honey Island swamps...

Something beckoned them to Mississippi.

I agree. I just hope with so many hands in the fire they don't muck things up. NOPD is famous for that as we all know. I think it most important that they communicate well with each other and not make
this a pissing contest between jurisdiction leaving Jaren to fall through the cracks.

Yes, I completely agree and wish NOPD didn'nt have a hand in this. I hate to say this, but that's based on my own personal experiece many years ago and I would hope things have changed since then. From what I have gathered, sadly they have not. That's why I was glad other agencys are involved, but I do know that all it takes is one little &*^% up.

Parchman Mississippi.

Delta region. Kinda in the central northish east side of the state near the river. Picked as the site for the prison because of the rich soils there, where historically cotton grew well and inmates formed chain gangs to work the soil and harvest the cotton.
respectfully snipped

Don't forget the significance of Parchman Farm in American music history. In 2010 the prison received a marker on the Mississippi Blues Trail.

Folklorists Alan Lomax, his father John A. Lomax, Herbert Halpert, and William Ferris found Parchman to be a rich repository of older musical traditions. Prisoners had little access to radio or records and, to help pace their labors and pass the day, often joined in work songs that had survived from earlier decades. Alan Lomax observed that such songs “revived flagging spirits, restored energy to failing bodies, [and] brought laughter to silent misery.”
http://www.msbluestrail.org/blues-trail-markers/parchman-farm

Mod Note: SwampMama is now a verified insider in the Jaren Lockhart case.

True about why she might not answer her phone. But would JL's fiance be accepting of her taking off to go to MS? Wouldn't she need to tell him that was her plan before she left Temptations? He knew she was working in a strip club but did she stay out overnight without letting him know (I mean if she thought that was what she was going to do to make a big sum of money.)
Your post made me remember something that I was wanting to broach earlier in response to some of the posts that were questioning would Jaren have really willingly gone off with anyone, period given the fact that as we know her bf/fiance of nearly 8 years with whom she had a 3 year old daughter with.. he was back at the motel and would have been expecting her back as soon as her shift at the club was over..

So, thanks for once again bringing this up that the bf would have been expecting her.. below Ill post a snipped quote that backs up that Jaren at times did stay away for a few days at a time.. it doesn't state what those reasons were but does state that she did do so at times.. I also want to add some other thoughts on upon knowing now this did in fact occur(how frequent? ..i do not know and it does not say) ..I want to say that IMO its quite clear given the long term relationship that was present between these two IMO shows that he clearly understood Jaren's job.. meaning that many bf/fiance/husbands are not at all understanding about their significant other having a job in this industry and do not handle it well.. that does not at all appear to be the case here with Jaren and her bf.. i believe that for whatever reasons he understood her job, and even possibly understood or accepted the territory that many times comes along with the job..

It is not at all unusual for the girls to be offered a wide range of side jobs, private parties, “extras"..this is very much a part of the landscape, tho let me be clear in saying that while it is very much a part of the landscape that does NOT however mean that all girls choose to participate in any of the outside of the club activities.. I've known girls that very much did participate in those extras, some with reckless abandon would take up offers from perfect strangers, with no concern whatsoever for what "could" happen in her choosing to go off with perfect strangers in order to make the extra bucks. Other girls I know are NO WAY EVER.. no matter how good the offer is they just do not feel comfortable in any capacity to take part in these extra offers.. IMO it differs from girl to girl whether or not they may be up for going off for these private parties for the extra bucks.. or not take part in them at all.. some girls only do so with those who she feels she knows on certain level.. regulars.. friends of a friend.. this type of situation where they feel they are not risking their safety to make some extra cash.. from what I know it certainly seems as one of the more "safe" situations are when it is a couple(husband/wife, man/woman) that are purposing the offer of a private party, extra, after hours gig.. one of my friends that's been in the biz for nearly a decade feels comfortable taking part in this extra money making ONLY IF ITS A COUPLE.. tho, I personally have told her that is definitely no guarantee either.. but in her head.. and in her experiences thus far she feels comfortable doing it..

All of that said...I'm not stating that Jaren did this.. but I am saying I believe anyone posting here will tell you that this is very much part of the scene in the industry.. some take part in it in only very specific, certain stipulated arrangements and only will do so if the money is well worth their time and effort.. others are not near as particular and are willing to make those extra bucks any time the offer is there for the right amount of moolah ..and yet still others who never, under any circumstance take part in any business offer that is outside the club, after hours, etc.. as with anything else its a wide range of a spectrum and differs from each individual as to what level of comfort they may have in making extra income outside of what the club takes their big ol cut from..

I do find it plausible to theorize on this to possibly be what got Jaren out of the club that night with Speaks/Sanchez.. we now know for a fact that prior to their entering Temptations they were next door at Stilettos and MAS made very clear to Sheila what she was propositioning in wanting Sheila to accompany her and Speaks back home.. she made clear that this wasn't new or a first time deal for Speaks/Sanchez and even told Sheila she looked alot like another girl who Speaks/Sanchez had taken home with them on a different night.. we also know that when the continued proposition of a "private party" for the 3 of them that Sheila continued to decline therefore IMO MAS then comes to Sheila with an entirely different proposition about an event across town and that they'd pay Sheila $700 to go with them.. that too was declined and at some point they got the hint and left out of Stilettos.. sadly we know they went on to Temptations where they quickly IMO laid out the bait.. and had Jaren hook, line, and sinker 17 short minutes later as they all 3 left the club together.
we don't know what particular proposition they used with Jaren was it as they'd done with Sheila and made known they waned a girl to privately party with the two of them outside and away from the club.. or did they use the ruse that they'd last used on Sheila about their being an event or party they'd take her to where she'd make $700..we don't know which they used with Jaren but sadly whatever it was sounded just right to Jaren in that moment in time and here was Speaks someone who'd many times walked her out after her early morning shift.. her protector.. someone she knew for quite some time.. and had a level of trust with..

My entire point in this now way overly long post is that IMO for Jaren to go out after work whether it be to make some extra cash or whether it be to head to a gal pals place to drink and party a little before crashing.. either way it wasn't unheard of for Jaren to not go directly back to the motel room she shared with her bf..and that her bf was fully aware of this as well.. IMO it was only way later as in some point Wednesday evening when Jaren had still never made it back to the motel.. and most concerning being that her bf could not reach her and no one she'd worked with or was friends with had seen or heard from her at all and no one could reach her.. its at that point when he knew something had gone terribly Wrong.. she wasn't just crashing at a friends and if she had gone out to make extra money after her shift.. either way he knew that something was wrong. And he at that point did not hesitate to contact the police and a MISSING PERSONS REPORT was filed..

Below is the quote I spoke about above.. followed by a link to full article:
Twenty two-year old Jaren Lockhart, a lively Northshore native who once lived in Springfield and attended school in the Village of Tickfaw, has stayed with friends before – for days at a time, occasionally.

But things were different last Tuesday, June 5, when Jaren didn’t return home from work in the heart of the French Quarter, New Orleans.

Jaren’s boyfriend called New Orleans police to report her missing.
http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/06/family-anf-friends-mourn-the-loss-of-jaren-lockhart-video/

Yes, I completely agree and wish NOPD didn'nt have a hand in this. I hate to say this, but that's based on my own personal experiece many years ago and I would hope things have changed since then. From what I have gathered, sadly they have not. That's why I was glad other agencys are involved, but I do know that all it takes is one little &*^% up.

Not much has changed with NOPD. Sad to say they just see her as a dancer in the FQ whereas MS sees her as a young woman that met an unfortunate death. The media in LA liked hanging on the "stripper" headline till ppl started complaining. Kudos to the public.

Hiya puf! :seeya:..long time, no see:hug:
It seems as tho you and I have similar thoughts about some of the particulars of this case.. in reading your above post ITA and instead of typing a whole other droning on post I just went back into the previous thread and copied part of my post that is regarding this particular issue of which you speak.. and just what IMO quite possibly shows that there was very methodical and purposeful dismembering done.. much more than was necessary and much more than is typical.. below I go into detail explaining exactly what i mean..
<snipped my post from thread #2 and pasted below>

Hey, Smooth! I took a long hiatus after the Venus, Mackenzie, and Kyron cases... had to get away from all this violence and sadness... was affecting me in real life. So good to see you. :hug: :cheers:

The thing about the Magnotta video is that it was very, very bloody. 9 pints of blood on the floor of the bedroom... Magnotta's head was off the upper edge of the bed when his jugular was severed, and therefore, all of the blood most likely ended up on the floor instead of the mattress, which is what was being filmed... we never saw the floor in the Magnotta video, but there's no doubt that it was a terrible bloody mess.

Wherever Jaren was stabbed, then dismembered, it will be a gory, gruesome, messy crime scene. If investigators can ever get wind of where that crime scene is, then they will have a lot to build a case from. If MAS can ever break and tell, maybe this crime scene will be located. Otherwise, like I said, there are so many rural pull-offs between NOLA, Slidell, and then on to BSL. Last time I was in BSL, the rock wall area where people fish and crab was pretty desolate for miles through there, since so many homes had been demolished during the hurricane...

If it were low tide when it happened, then the crime scene may be covered by gulf water now, and when revealed again, the gulf naturally disposed of the evidence... except for Jaren's hard and soft tissue remains, which they never counted on floating back up to shore.

During Katrina, I was always amazed that you could walk the beach and find stuff even two years later that had been pushed out to sea by the flood, and then returned to the shore by the tide... stuff like china pieces, car chunks, even silverware and bricabrac items. Keys, wooden boxes... all kinds of stuff.

It's a huge mystery... where they did it, and WHY they treated Jaren's body in the horrendous way they did.

I've said this before and I guess you guys may think I'm crazy but...

I really feel that Jaren is helping to reveal all even in death.

She would not stay hidden in the ocean. I can close my eyes and see her spirit pushing her body parts to shore.

It's been stated she would light up a room, well maybe she's lighting the path for this investigation.

She may not be here physically but spiritually she's not done yet and she's gonna make sure justice is served and the jerks responsible are not around when her daughter grows up.

I have felt this from the beginning for whatever it's worth. It's almost like Lacey coming home and sealing Scotts fate.

You know, I'm not going to get all weird or anything, but I can't explain why I'm so motivated by this case (as opposed to the multitude of other cases). I never have been before and in this case it has nothing to do with the bad, shocking aspects of it...It seems many others share that same fixation caused by...who knows? Let's hope the LE are filled with the same and have doors continue to open for them.

I think the one in Pass Christian is open 24 hrs, and it's not far at all from BSL.

I tell you, though, Slidell is right on their route, and with the swamps all there, and a 24 hour WM supercenter there, it makes you wonder why the went out of state instead of taking advantage of the very desolate areas along the Honey Island swamps...

Something beckoned them to Mississippi.

They don't have one in the Pass but they do have one in long beach. Makes more sense if it was the one in Slidell. On the way to bay st Louis. Roughly 15 to 20 minutes at the most by interstate.
Or if they hit old Spanish trail they would wind up on old hwy 90 back by the rigolets and pearlington area. No traffic, very secluded and dark.

That was my point. If she had not washed up, they would have swept her disappearance under the rug. No body no crime. NOPD is famous for this. It's not going away cuz of many states many counties and many parishes are involved. This benefits her family greatly. Her death will not go unnoticed because of the fore mentioned.

This is what I have said from the beginning. While I detest how they did it and hate that they caused her family such pain but the fact that they were stupid enough to get 2 states and multiple parishes involved helps a lot and generates interest in the case. The fact that they chose to deal with her body in such an inhumane way really affected a lot of people.

I think they really messed up when they chose to deal with it as they did and they really messed up by messing with Jaren because she has a lot of strong family support and people who absolutely loved her.

Benny ( Jaren's brother in law) brings up an important point. he told me "You know in most places I worked, a background check is done on strip club employees to weed out felons. In nola, no bar license is needed to work so no background check is done. Something like this would have prevented terry from coming to nola and working in the club. When all this is said and done, we need Jaren's law. Making it mandatory for the city of nola to issue a card stating a background check has been done on all hotel bar and restaurant worker"

i think that is a good idea. the French Quarter is the big tourist draw and the city needs it to be safer for the people and the employees there.

With me, the reason I'm drawn to it... well, it's in my back yard as it is for so many other locals and localish people posting in this thread. But most of all, it's because Jaren appeared to have a sweet spirit... people all talked well of her, with a couple of exceptions... it's like life treated her so unfairly, and no doubt her death was horrendous... I guess we are seekers of justice who believe no matter what one's station in life, everyone, even "Bourbon street strippers" (ugh), deserve swift, decisive, severe vengeance, in the form of justice to be handed down to her murderers.

This is what I have said from the beginning. While I detest how they did it and hate that they caused her family such pain but the fact that they were stupid enough to get 2 states and multiple parishes involved helps a lot and generates interest in the case. The fact that they chose to deal with her body in such an inhumane way really affected a lot of people.

I think they really messed up when they chose to deal with it as they did and they really messed up by messing with Jaren because she has a lot of strong family support and people who absolutely loved her.

Benny ( Jaren's brother in law) brings up an important point. he told me "You know in most places I worked, a background check is done on strip club employees to weed out felons. In nola, no bar license is needed to work so no background check is done. Something like this would have prevented terry from coming to nola and working in the club. When all this is said and done, we need Jaren's law. Making it mandatory for the city of nola to issue a card stating a background check has been done on all hotel bar and restaurant worker"

i think that is a good idea. the French Quarter is the big tourist draw and the city needs it to be safer for the people and the employees there.

I agree. They need a law like that to protect the people who work there. It would make the Tourists and locals feel safe to. Something good needs to come out of all this. Jarens law would be perfect.

I think there are many forms of addiction and IMO he may be of a darker and obviously more sinister breed.

I think he used MAS mental and addictive weaknesses to play out his evil desires. She was likely a ticking time bomb and he had all the right fuel.

I am surprised that there arent more women in other states coming forward to say they had some involvement with TS-then again, I don't know how much national attention this case is actually receiving.

JMO
That's my thinking at the moment, too. And if there are other women who were used by Speaks, assuming they are aware of JL's murder, either they're not coming forward out of fear of retribution, or fear of incriminating themselves if they participated in crimes. It's also possible that they have contacted LE and are keeping a low profile, which would be the wise thing to do.

I have seen posted on this board that arms were found; where is the article/source that states that?

From reading the newspapers, I have only heard the torso, head, a calve, and a thigh were recovered. Help me out here if I am wrong.

I think possibly it may be my posts about her limbs being recovered that's confused you.. in my post I detail that when she was dismembered each limb was then cut into two(horrid to type) ..but for a fact we know this was done.. therefore the 4 limbs are cut into 8..each arm and leg were cut into upper and lower.. so to answer your question technically yes 2 arms and 1 leg have been recovered.. but to be clear it is only the upper portions of the 2 arms and 1 leg.. NONE OF THE LOWER PORTIONS OF THE 4 LIMBS HAVE BEEN RECOVERED.. and it is the lower portions that would contain the hands and feet.(so morbidly horrendous that someone has done this to her that we are even here having to state as the details to what's been done to her.. ITS ANGERING:devil: )

Hopefully that answers your question and explained why yes, arms were recovered but exactly why the hands are not included in that recovery..

Several articles where you can find that this is accurate..

HTH:)
Bass said her feet, lower arms, hands and an upper part of a leg are still missing.
h http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/cops_chase_clues_in_search_for.html ttp://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/cops_chase_clues_in_search_for.html

I've said this before and I guess you guys may think I'm crazy but...

I really feel that Jaren is helping to reveal all even in death.

She would not stay hidden in the ocean. I can close my eyes and see her spirit pushing her body parts to shore.

It's been stated she would light up a room, well maybe she's lighting the path for this investigation.

She may not be here physically but spiritually she's not done yet and she's gonna make sure justice is served and the jerks responsible are not around when her daughter grows up.

I have felt this from the beginning for whatever it's worth. It's almost like Lacey coming home and sealing Scotts fate.

Your message reminds me of a novel...Lovely Bones..

It has been a long while since I read it... but I am reminded of parts of it from your post.

BBM.
Here in NYC, after a young woman was killed by a nightclub bouncer, the city mandated all bouncers be licenced. Her name was Immette St. Gulien (not sure of the spelling).

With me, the reason I'm drawn to it... well, it's in my back yard as it is for so many other locals and localish people posting in this thread. But most of all, it's because Jaren appeared to have a sweet spirit... people all talked well of her, with a couple of exceptions... it's like life treated her so unfairly, and no doubt her death was horrendous... I guess we are seekers of justice who believe no matter what one's station in life, everyone, even "Bourbon street strippers" (ugh), deserve swift, decisive, severe vengeance, in the form of justice to be handed down to her murderers.

It hits close to my heart also. I was born and raised in New Orleans and now live in bay st Louis. I watched the YouTube video and I saw what could have been my daughter. A young beautiful girl, a daughter, a mom, a sister, a human being trying to do the best she could with the hand she was dealt. I so want justice for this young lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member