GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm concerned as well.. am i confused or is it true that TS en route to NC for extradition.. and he's in OK as we speak? Is that in fact true?..that's what i understood was being said earlier here but i could be mistaken.. if it is true that TS is en route to NC for extradition then my level of concern. Is at peak level due to the fact that Grannan stated they'd planned to charge him in Jaren's case before he was ever able to be extradited to NC..

So is it true that he's en route to NC?

AFAIK, federal prisoners can be placed at any federal facility. It doesn't have to be in the state they are charged in. So being in a federal pen in OK doesn't mean anything bad, IMO. He's still in custody- being held for his violations in NC. He's been through the system many times so I think it's safe to assume that he is using his right to remain silent. I don't think he plans in speaking with LE in Nola or BSL so he really doesn't have to be in a local jail.
JMO and all that jazz.

AFAIK, federal prisoners can be placed at any federal facility. It doesn't have to be in the state they are charged in. So being in a federal pen in OK doesn't mean anything bad, IMO. He's still in custody- being held for his violations in NC. He's been through the system many times so I think it's safe to assume that he is using his right to remain silent. I don't think he plans in speaking with LE in Nola or BSL so he really doesn't have to be in a local jail.
JMO and all that jazz.

I believe you are correct about the federal prison system. They can put him anywhere.

I had suspected what Crabtrap said, which is that there may have been a beach area that was determined to be a/the crime scene. This is the first time I've seen a statement supporting that hunch.

I stated several days ago that MAS may have passed out or could have gone to bed that night. This could have been the result of drinking and drug use, or it could have been because it was extremely late and she had to go to work the next day.

So it's possible that TCS acted alone. If that's the case, he may have killed Jaren in the car while she thought she was being driven home. Or perhaps he killed her in the back yard, which is where investigators were looking. Jaren's brother said she was a fighter. I don't think he could have driven Jaren to Mississippi without her putting up a big fight.

I have two problems with the acted alone theory. From the first photo I saw of MAS I felt she had been involved in a physical fight with Jaren. Her mouth, her eyes looked violated to me. When I saw her get out of the vehicle her movements were those of someone who had been in a physical entanglement- she looked sore. I think dismemberment and disposal of a body would take two perps. I am not ready to let her off the hook -- I think the crime would take two perps. But we shall see...as the fat lady sings....

I have two problems with the acted alone theory. From the first photo I saw of MAS I felt she had been involved in a physical fight with Jaren. Her mouth, her eyes looked violated to me. When I saw her get out of the vehicle her movements were those of someone who had been in a physical entanglement- she looked sore. I think dismemberment and disposal of a body would take two perps. I am not ready to let her off the hook -- I think the crime would take two perps. But we shall see...as the fat lady sings....

Or she just could have been beaten by TS and was told she had to keep quiet or he would kill her. Def different ways to view things.

I heard earlier that MAS was squealing on him. I also took from my conversation that she wasn't an active participant.
I'm praying both of those things are true. Thanks, MF. :praying:

I think everyone called it an early night and went to bed. Slowest postings I've seen in awhile. Praying for justice for Jaren.

This is such an interesting group of folks. The power of the internet -- where armchair sleuths can input on a whodoneit and actually have a real-time effect.....it is so addicting. It is a virtual think-tank and the best of human thinking. It is almost pure thought and prayer -- or the best of everyone's education, background....love it.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/Family-remembers-slain-dancer-159963905.html

"Family and friends of Jaren Lockhart gathered to say a final farewell to the 22-year-old ... at a service that Jaren’s family preferred to call a celebration of her life."

I know her brother was pissed off when he found out ppl spread the info about her memorial service - they wanted it private, but it is nice for those of us who care deeply to at least read about how she will be remembered.

Considering he was a felony fugitive, I can't imagine he would have. Normally, I'd say maybe arrogance or even using that exact question as a defense (why would I openly recruit a girl on camera and acquaintances that I was planning on killing?), but as a fugitive, he'd have to know that he would be a person of interest, questioned, etc, for it and that would lead to his warrants and jail for those charges even if nothing else.

I am sure the last thing on TS's mind were the cameras at Stiletto's when he sauntered in with drink in hand and a purpose. It was late. He was probably high/feeling no pain.

LE has arrested the correct man. Alias or not, fingerprints don't lie.

Just assuming that he had multiple fingerprints come up ....wouldnt they have DNA since he is a convicted sex offender previously??

Wouldnt they run his DNA in the case his prints didn't help them any??

IDK anything about what they would do in that situation but it just seems like that is what they would do to me...

LE identified TS through his fingerprints right after he was arrested. I haven't heard anything about DNA. In California, if he was arrested for a felony, then his DNA would be taken.

I remember it being said that if TS was extradited to NC LE wasn't concerned bc they would simply have him sent right back on a plane! However, It is concerning to me that if he is being sent already they either couldn't get him to talk(IMO the more likely of the two bc LE said he wouldn't talk about anything to do with JL)
Or less likely he has already given them something!

What I don't understand is why the investigation has suddenly turned all its focus toward MAS it seems!!

I mean we hear and see nothing but pictures of TS!!

I know he is n federal custody but is that why we hear and see him none??
Help me out here fellows n ladies PLZ...
:pullhair:

TS is in federal custody on a unrelated charge. That is why you won't hear anything about him unless and until murder charges are brought against him. In other words, TSs fate has already been sealed by the Feds ... for now.

I am here on Jarens thread because I want justice for her. I want the individuals, all of them, that were involved in her brutal murder to be found and prosecuted. As of yet we don't know where the crime scene is and if there are any other people involved. If TS is a serial killer at least he is behind bars right now.

I had mentioned a long time ago, that maybe a different thread could be started to try and find similarities between other victims. There are SK threads.
I realize you posted many hours ago, and I'm sorry that I'm just now getting caught up. It's not unusual in a case thread, nor against the rules, to make reasonable comparisons to other unsolved cases. As long as the main focus remains on JL's murder, I don't see a problem with it.

This is such an interesting group of folks. The power of the internet -- where armchair sleuths can input on a whodoneit and actually have a real-time effect.....it is so addicting. It is a virtual think-tank and the best of human thinking. It is almost pure thought and prayer -- or the best of everyone's education, background....love it.

Websleuths is like reading a great true mystery story and not wanting to put the book down. My book reading has suffered since joining this "interactive reality mystery club."

Does anyone know who owns Temptations and Stilettos?

Can I ask that here?

Does anyone know who owns Temptations and Stilettos?

Can I ask that here?
Yes, that's public information. Don't post an individual's name, but a corporation name should be fine. If there's a business listing that can be linked, then post the link.

Hey Y'all!!

Just checking in! Let's see, lots to say... Tattoo's. Masks are common, so are Fluer De Lis and Romeo Spikes as tattoos.

I spoke to a friend today that mentioned a bunch of stuff that might have cleared up a lot of talk from previous posts. Let's see if I can remember how he put it.

I mentioned drugs and MAS talking about the weather. I was told that that is an old legal council thing. They were probably specifically instructed not to answer any questions and when asked any question to talk about the weather. He mentioned that it happens to be an old legal thing, so he's not sure whether council told them to do that recently or it is old hat from TS with his laundry list of offenses. Yet, once council got involved, they were prob told to continue with it. As long as they always talk about the same thing, it can be construed and questioned. IMO why MAS was sent for a psych evaluation.

He didn't have much time to chat but this was the jist of what I got out of it. Any decent lawyer is going to push for their clients release. MAS' bond was set at $1500. it's cause her only offense was a traffic violation and resisting arrest. He also mentioned that at $1500, she probably didn't fight arrest, but more than likely freaked and wasn't able to do as told at that moment. e.g.. Step out of the vehicle, put your hands behind your head, back up to us, etc... if LE had to force her to do any of those they could have slapped her with a resisting arrest.

Her bond was almost definitely bailable, so she was out once $150 was paid. He assumed the coroner got involved with that point and was able to get her a psych evaluation biased on her answers about the weather. This was able to give LE time to push for a higher charge.

They charged her with harboring a Sex Offender, yet it is very hard to get that to stick cause they have to prove that she knew he was a SO. He didn't file with any state and prob doesn't talk about it, so... it's all in the air.

Once the charge was set, the bond could be set. This would take time. Yet harboring is a misdemeanor, so where did the $250K come from. When it went up to $1M, (IMO because she's a flight risk) her council would have to file a motion. This also takes time. The Bond has to fit the crime.

In his opinion, MAS and her council are waiting it out. They are of course going to fight to get her out, but with the screwing around with the courts, they are just giving themselves time.

There still are no murder charges filed, so there is still a lack of evidence or LE is holding it close. They only get one chance to charge and with your "right to a speedy trial", once they charge anyone, the clock starts ticking. So LE is going to wait until the last possible moment to file charges.

Once charges are filed, MAS will probably be given a deal to rat out TS. This is fine but it will also go the other way. (e.g.; TS can say that MAS did the deed, but she is too small to carry the body and I was scared of her, so I just moved the body for her.) Than LE has to rely on the evidence that was not released to find out which rat is telling the closest to the truth.

I think I got all of that right! lol. Sounded compelling to me, but again, all of this is His opinion, well, I guess is MOO here.

Hope my 2nd hand info made it to the paper correctly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman