GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while, gang. I forgot my logon/pw/email used but have been lurking regularly and checking up. Like everyone, so glad to see some significant progress in this haunting case.

Wondering about motive. Was Speaks in the NO area circa 2005-2006 or did he come into the picture later? I recall an earlier post(s) with some timeline on his past travels. That he used an alias (Rice) of an artist that paints very dark and disturbing scenes is interesting. The whole situation, including the connection to Addie Hall, just seems ritualistic...like there are too many sinister elements there for her murder and postmortem treatment to have been just a heat of the moment and cover-up thing.
<rbbm>
I had forgotten that part.

I can buy one coincidence, but two is pushing it.
Leslie Rice also happens to be the name of an award-winning Australian artist, whose more famous works include paintings of decapitated and dismembered people. The paintings feature a decapitated head on a plate, body parts strewn about and morbid-looking works depicting death or pieces of human corpses.

It is not known whether this artist was the inspiration for Speaks’ alias or whether the painter is known by Speaks at all.

On Friday night, WGNO e-mailed the images of the paintings to the head investigator in the Lockhart murder, Detective Steve Saucier of the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office.

Saucier said the images are “undeniably intriguing”, but that the sheriff’s office learned Speaks stole the name from someone he knew in his home state of North Carolina to commit identity fraud.

Read more at http://wgno.com/2012/07/06/famous-p...-lockhart-murder-suspect/#PWbOFokzXgqcrxqh.99
"Speaks also has used the names Leslie Allen Rice or Leslie Allen Sanchez, Grannan said."

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2012/06/dismembered_stripper_case_coup.html

I read the article, but it didn't mention any potential charges against TS. In my post I was talking about TS specifically. Imo, he is gonna be charged too. I'm hoping 1st degree cause I would like to see the harshest punishment possible for that sick psycho. I am hoping that more details about his confession will be released. Thanks for the link though. I try to read every word I can find about Jaren's murder investigation. She was beautiful inside and out. It's such a shame that she had her life taken by monsters before she could reach her full potential.

Maybe a journal. It's been two years and she probably was thinking she got away with murder, maybe felt safe enough to write down her feelings? It would be smart of police to take anything that could contain writings of hers in case she did in fact write something that implicated herself and potentially others that may have been involved. Only thing I can think of besides what you suggested. That would be so serial killer-ish. Just my opinion. Great question though.

Exactly. This is from the part I quoted for you.

"As far as other suspects, we'll have to wait and see how that develops."

In other words, we don't know. LE is remaining very tight-lipped, and for good reason, I'm sure. We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...474eb54eac7018bf7001/LA--Stripper-Dismembered

I could see her keeping a journal, but that wouldn't be physical evidence. It's an excellent question, though.

I agree, we have to wait and see, however, doesn't it seem inevitable that he will be charged? Hoping and praying he doesn't get off easy for cooperating. Just my opinion. Btw, I didn't realize that journals, computers, phones, cameras, or anything that could be used for writing/corresponding/photographing purposes was not considered physical evidence. Can you clarify what evidence is physical as opposed to just regular evidence? What would journals, cameras, or letters be considered relative to an investigation? Thanks in advance.

Well, i wonder if this arrest has helped MAS suddenly regain her memory. She claimed that she did not remember the night Jaren was killed because she ate bad seafood.

Will she now suddenly remember that night and that this is all TS's fault? Or will she have to admit that she LIED about that for 2 years and is now wants us to believe her new lies instead? Oh what a tangled web she has wove. I hope it trips her up so tight that she talks her way into a couple more charges, lol.

Did I read that correctly? One or more of her tattoos was cut out? That is the kind of detail that police can use. Only the killer would know that. I wonder if MAS kept one of the tattoo pieces. God, I hate to write that.

I can't see the remains floating off in two directions, either. IMVHO, regardless of winds and currents, the torso was the heaviest object and would have traveled at a slower rate than the others. Yet it washed ashore a full 36 hours before the other parts. That would seem to indicate it traveled the least distance, and was found nearest to its point of entry. Based on that (amateur) observation, these seem to be the two most likely possibilities.

1. All remains entered the water at the pier. The torso remained in the harbor, while the lighter parts traveled eastward into the Gulf.

2. The torso was placed in the water at the pier. The remaining parts were dumped on the other side of the bay. If so, then we have the question of why no images of the car crossing the bridge.

Timeline:

Thur, June 7, 2012

6:00 pm - torso, end of Bay Oaks Dr, Bay St. Louis

Sat, June 9, 2012

6:00 am - calf, Emerald Ave, Pass Christian

7:30 am - thigh near Holiday Dr, Pass Christian

8:00 am - head, Pitcher Point, Long Beach

http://www.cbs46.com/story/18745424...issing-new-orleans-woman-pathologist-confirms

The blue line in the screen cap is the area where "authorities" believe the remains were put into the water.

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2014/05/jaren-lockhart-murder-map-3868bf0ab5c270c2.jpg

Great timeline, Bessie! My friend from Bay St. Louis actually owned a home near Bay Oaks Dr. when Katrina hit. She mentioned the Henderson Beach area as being an ideal hiding and dumping spot because it is a bit desolate without much lighting at night. I think that would be the area of the blue line all the way to the left that curves into the Sound. I wonder if there are any kinds of (primitive) camping sites that would offer running water for clean up but still be tucked away in the darkness of the night?

http://www.wlox.com/story/25478752/...gators-say-to-kenner-police-its-about-justice

Investigators were forced to turn over the case to the Kenner Police Department because Mississippi statute does not allow the department to assume jurisdiction if the crime happened in Louisiana.

We went through all the right avenues to establish that one way or the other," Lead Investigator Glenn Grannan said. "We wanted the case, but we couldn't take it."

Grannan said his team worked the case until they had enough evidence to convince the Jefferson Parish District Attorney's Office to take the case.

Great timeline, Bessie! My friend from Bay St. Louis actually owned a home near Bay Oaks Dr. when Katrina hit. She mentioned the Henderson Beach area as being an ideal hiding and dumping spot because it is a bit desolate without much lighting at night. I think that would be the area of the blue line all the way to the left that curves into the Sound. I wonder if there are any kinds of (primitive) camping sites that would offer running water for clean up but still be tucked away in the darkness of the night?

As far as I know there are no campsites in that area. I will check with DH as he fishes the shorelines in that area and may have some knowledge about access and such Pre Katrina the Gulfshore Baptist Assembly was located on the point. Not sure, but I believe it still remains gutted. If they made their way to the point it would have basically been deserted as only a few homes rebuilt in the area.

http://www.wlox.com/story/25478752/...gators-say-to-kenner-police-its-about-justice

Investigators were forced to turn over the case to the Kenner Police Department because Mississippi statute does not allow the department to assume jurisdiction if the crime happened in Louisiana.

We went through all the right avenues to establish that one way or the other," Lead Investigator Glenn Grannan said. "We wanted the case, but we couldn't take it."

Grannan said his team worked the case until they had enough evidence to convince the Jefferson Parish District Attorney's Office to take the case.

Found this so interesting- "Most of the things you heard, where the body parts were, the tattoos, that's stuff we intentionally kept from the media, so we knew when someone came forward they were accurate," Grannan said. "Whether they were actually getting information from the source, from Speaks or Sanchez and not just reading it in the news."

That's incredible that they were able to keep it from MSM as long as they have. If the Hancock LE was as inept as some have tried to make them look, somebody would have leaked more info before TS himself did. I think Grannan and Saucier have done the best that they could considering the amount of hush from those acquainted with Jaren and the French Quarter club scene. Grannan makes it sound like Kenner LE has stolen much of the credit.:moo:

I am so glad that picture of Jaren and her daughter with the pier in the background keeps resurfacing. As a mom, I found it so touching. I wish LE would shed some light on which pier that is and how often Jaren and even MAS and TS had been to the coast in that year before her death.

Did anyone else get the impression TS rolled over on MAS? And that her arrest resulted directly from his statements, and not from other witnesses?

Great call, Bessie! Today's articles basically say that! Now we wait for him to be charged!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. This is from the part I quoted for you.

"As far as other suspects, we'll have to wait and see how that develops."

In other words, we don't know. LE is remaining very tight-lipped, and for good reason, I'm sure. We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...474eb54eac7018bf7001/LA--Stripper-Dismembered

I could see her keeping a journal, but that wouldn't be physical evidence. It's an excellent question, though.

I hate to even write this but could she have kept the tattooed skin pieces they removed?

I agree they had to be familiar with the area. Also, after considering your thoughts on the Southside of Diamondhead, it seems possible. That area has not redeveloped as quickly as other areas since Hurricane Katrina. Would be easily accessed from I-10 too. Not sure about the cameras, I know they are located at the intersection of Hwy 90 and Beach Blvd. atop the traffic lights.

I agree, too.

There are so many places between Kenner & Bay St. Louis or a little to the west of Kenner that would have been so much easier for them to access (and honestly, in many of these places a body may not have been found as quickly, so I'm glad they were crazy enough to drive all the way to Mississippi to drop the remains where they did).

I always thought it was weird they went all the way to Mississippi. One of them was obviously familiar with the area.

I know there's a lot of debate about Jaren's remains being dropped off the Bay St. Louis bridge. And I agree with all of you who think it's unlikely.

However, let me throw this out there.
The remains of two of the victims of Derrick Todd Lee - Pam Kinnamore & Carrie Yoder - were found at the Whiskey Bay boat launch. LE believes DTL took the Whiskey Bay exit, got off of the Basin Bridge, and dumped Pam's body from ground level. However, LE believes Carrie's body was tossed from the top of the bridge above Whiskey Bay.

That has always blown my mind. I drive that bridge nearly every weekday for work and have driven it many a late night. While Whiskey Bay at ground level is desolate at night (and often during the day), the bridge is never desolate. Even in the late night/early morning hours, there are plenty of cars and 18 wheelers. The bridge is part of Interstate Ten. It would be very hard to catch a break between cars to pull over & toss out a body and be completely unnoticed. Also, there's NO shoulder on the bridge in that spot. So DTL literally had to stop in traffic (where the speed limit is 60mph) on the interstate with no shoulder (which is well-traveled even late at night/early morning) and toss a body before being seen by approaching cars or cars coming across in the opposite direction that may look to their left and see him. How the heck did he do it? LE seems pretty sure he did it even though I used to think it was impossible if not unlikely.
http://crime.about.com/od/serial/tp/victims-derrick-lee.htm

What I've learned from following cases on Websleuths is that sometimes - well, a lot of times - criminals (even dumb ones) get LUCKY and pull off what seems impossible. I believe DTL did drop Carrie's body off of the bridge and he just got lucky. I think it may be the case that MAS & TS just got lucky with no one happening to see them on the bridge when they dropped Jaren's remains off of it and then maybe the weather or parts temporarily getting caught up in something and then breaking free caused the remains to float where they did.

It may not make sense. It may seem improbable. But MAS & TS may have just been d@mn lucky.

Praise God! Finally!! I just saw the news. May these two receive their just desserts! Tears of joy that now Jaren may soon be able to finally RIP.

I know there's a lot of debate about Jaren's remains being dropped off the Bay St. Louis bridge. And I agree with all of you who think it's unlikely...

It may not make sense. It may seem improbable. But MAS & TS may have just been d@mn lucky.

Respectfully snipped by me

I agree that these two were dumb enough and probably drugged up enough to have stopped somewhere that was not as secluded as we're thinking because they were familiar with it before they got there. I googled "cameras on the Bay St. Louis Bay bridge" and came across this link to an active camera on the bridge.

http://mobile.mdottraffic.com/showCam.aspx?id=051807

I'm guessing the bridge cameras would have been checked in the immediate time period after Jaren's body was discovered along the beaches, but what if they waited too long and the video from that night had elapsed? Could LE have missed that evidence?

Have cameras been added to the Whiskey Bay area yet? I know that was a big deal after Mickey's case was solved. As much as I hate the idea of Big Brother's cameras everywhere, it's cases like these that makes me think all in moderation isn't a bad thing.

As far as I know there are no campsites in that area. I will check with DH as he fishes the shorelines in that area and may have some knowledge about access and such Pre Katrina the Gulfshore Baptist Assembly was located on the point. Not sure, but I believe it still remains gutted. If they made their way to the point it would have basically been deserted as only a few homes rebuilt in the area.

Buccaneer State Park in Waveland / Bay Saint Louis has camp grounds. I've gone hiking there before and saw that camp grounds were available. The entrance to the state park is right off of the beach (South Beach Blvd). Very desolate at night. It's very close to the Bay Saint Louis Bridge. Hmmm.

I hate to even write this but could she have kept the tattooed skin pieces they removed?

my first thought was if she kept Jaren's lip ring. that would be even more sick if she kept the tattoo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Buccaneer State Park in Waveland / Bay Saint Louis has camp grounds. I've gone hiking there before and saw that camp grounds were available. The entrance to the state park is right off of the beach (South Beach Blvd). Very desolate at night. It's very close to the Bay Saint Louis Bridge. Hmmm.

Buccaneer State Park is about 7 miles from the bridge. Also, entrance to the park requires one to go through a checkpoint. The park entrance is closed at 10 pm.

my first thought was if she kept Jaren's lip ring. that would be even more sick if she kept the tattoo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That is a brilliant suggestion. I didn't even think about jewelry. That seems more likely than the tattoos, in my opinion. Is MAS sick and twisted enough to keep something like human skin in a family member's home? The chance of someone finding that would seem too risky. But no one would even realize if she had a piece of jewelry that wasn't hers.

That is a brilliant suggestion. I didn't even think about jewelry. That seems more likely than the tattoos, in my opinion. Is MAS sick and twisted enough to keep something like human skin in a family member's home? The chance of someone finding that would seem too risky. But no one would even realize if she had a piece of jewelry that wasn't hers.

Wasn't MAS wearing face jewelry when she was arrested the first time? Can someone repost the pics of the mugshot of that arrest. Also, I know I've seen many pics of JL also wearing face studs/ rings. It would be interesting to compare jewelry to see if anything that is on MAS's face looks like it might belong to JL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth