GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're getting closer to justice for Jaren!

"Jaren Lockhart knew the couple accused in her death and dismemberment."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/10/jaren_lockhart_knew_the_couple.html

Is it confusing to anyone else that so many in the FQ club scene knew Jaren, Sanchez, and Speaks, and that they were acquaintances to a certain extent, and yet the original (Temptations) video was released as if Sanchez and Speaks were just passing through the FQ and happened upon Jaren at the club? I always thought there was too much secrecy and cover up from club employees and that there was more to the story of their (MAS and TS's) prior relationship with Jaren. I'm also a bit curious as to why no one with these clubs' management or ownership have ever spoken out about Jaren's horrible death or the two involved, before or after their arrests. It really makes you wonder about the risk and dangers these girls are put in without anyone to really advocate for them, even after they are no longer here to tell their own story.

I'd love to see the Temptations doorperson in the video take the stand and tell his/her account of that night and why he/she didn't identify the two immediately. It was obvious they knew each other. I'm so relieved for Jaren's family and friends that they will finally have some real answers and closure.

The news about TS is not surprising...... It's going to be a very interesting murder trial for him.

- Clodumbo

They ( MAS & TS) had been romantically involved as early as 2009, former coworkers say. The former Kenner couple also socialized and worked with Lockhart, they say. All three worked at Stilettos on Bourbon Street in 2009, the year Lockhart began dancing. Sanchez occasionally danced there, too, and, when not on the stage, she hung out at the club to be near Speaks, said Christy Lipps, a former Stilettos dancer and Lockhart friend who now lives near Lafayette. Sanchez was known by stage names "Margo Starz" and "Nola Stars," according to her arrest report.

Speaks worked as a doorman, often walking dancers to their cars after work as part of earning his cut of the tips dancers received, Lipps said. Authorities said he, too, had aliases: Allen Rice, Leslie Allen Rice and Leslie Rice.

As a doorman, Speaks also was a barker, standing on Bourbon Street outside the club's front door, trying to lure in customers, Lipps said. Lockhart occasionally stood there with Speaks, redoubling the effort to bring in business, she recalled.

Source: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/10/jaren_lockhart_knew_the_couple.html

First - the thought of MAS dancing on a stage makes me feel very sick to my stomach!
:sick:

However, could it be that "jealousy" was the motive for the killing? I'm sure that MAS is very insecure about herself and the thought of TS speaking to a beautiful girl made her extremely angry.

- Clodumbo

Good article. New information, or at least to me it was.
It is a good article. The only new information(for me), though, was the statement ftom the acquaintance who claims TS basically confessed that he'd committed a crime, and that he'd be "going away for awhile"

Note the discussion about bachelor parties, and how they sometimes fall through. I still believe a private party figured into the original plans. It's unlikely that TS snd MS arranged the tryst with the intent to murder Jaren, or anyone else for that mattrer.

As for jealousy, most defintely a motivating factor in the end, IMHO.

Is it confusing to anyone else that so many in the FQ club scene knew Jaren, Sanchez, and Speaks, and that they were acquaintances to a certain extent, and yet the original (Temptations) video was released as if Sanchez and Speaks were just passing through the FQ and happened upon Jaren at the club? I always thought there was too much secrecy and cover up from club employees and that there was more to the story of their (MAS and TS's) prior relationship with Jaren. I'm also a bit curious as to why no one with these clubs' management or ownership have ever spoken out about Jaren's horrible death or the two involved, before or after their arrests. It really makes you wonder about the risk and dangers these girls are put in without anyone to really advocate for them, even after they are no longer here to tell their own story.

I'd love to see the Temptations doorperson in the video take the stand and tell his/her account of that night and why he/she didn't identify the two immediately. It was obvious they knew each other. I'm so relieved for Jaren's family and friends that they will finally have some real answers and closure.
Hi, Ms. Shagwell. Ya know, I think quite a few were speaking out. It's obvious from the early news reports, and even from the large number of locals who signed on to post here in June 2012. It seemed everyone was talking, which I actually found a little unusual because Quarter people in general keep low profiles. I suppose the grave nature of this crime, and the fact that Jaren was a well-liked young mother, was too much to keep people quiet. It was no secret who was responsible, and the FQ community wanted to see them brought to justice. Thank goodness. There's a decent chance that might happen now.

JMO

http://wgno.com/2014/10/27/new-film-links-one-woman-to-two-gruesome-murders/
New film links one woman to two gruesome murders
Posted 2:02 AM, October 27, 2014
Filmmaker Rob Florence says a chance meeting with Margaret Sanchez a few years after the murder convinced him that he should do a documentary exploring the reasons why Bowen seemed to snap. The documentary was finished and Florence was beginning to show it at film festivals around the world, when Sanchez herself was accused in the Lockhart murder. Florence says when the story broke he was “blown away.”
Florence discussed his documentary with WGNO during the New Orleans Film Festival. He said Sanchez’s connection to both murders “just shows that (a killer) could be your friend, your neighbor—maybe even you. And that’s unsettling. “
video & more at link.

Any experienced people out there care to guess when the trial will eventually be?

It's a pure guess because I have no idea how back logged the courts there are, no idea how stern this Judge is with keeping firm to dates but if I had to guess AND IT'S A PURE GUESS, I would guess late spring is the earliest, but most likely looking at summer and probably late summer.

http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/...g-bourbon-street/86887/kb1NwoRQn06w-aGCWzsaWA

Terry Speaks and Margaret Sanchez appeared before a Jefferson Parish judge for a motion hearing Monday morning... Their defense and the prosecution discussed future court hearings in December and January, which will include presenting evidence in the case and hearing witness statements.

Court records indicate that the trial date was scheduled to begin on Jan. 12. Instead, the Jefferson Parish judge will review the case to set a new date for the case.

Now, the quest begins to get his confession thrown out..

"Prosecutors should not be allowed to use an alleged jailhouse confession by a man accused of killing and dismembering a Bourbon Street dancer because the cellmate who heard it was acting as a state agent, his public defender says.

Christian Del Rosario should have had to tell Terry Speaks that he had a right to remain silent or consult an attorney, and that anything he said might be used against him, according to John Benz."

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/12/03/5948212/motion-jail-snitch-should-tell.html?sp=/99/184/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1
Back