GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ckhart-killing-dismemberment/27486174#!bDDv3X

Two suspects in the death and dismemberment of Jaren Lockhart were indicted by a Jefferson Parish grand jury Thursday.

Margaret Sanchez, 30, and Terry Speaks, 41, were each charged with second-degree murder, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Speaks is currently being held in a New York state prison for failing to register as a sex offender. He was set to be released in October, but the indictments will quash that action.

I am absolutely thrilled tonight! I cannot imagine a situation where a grand jury would not indict these two monsters. This also gives me hope about other cases out there, knowing that the wheels of justice move so agonizingly slow, but eventually they do get there!

Justice for Jaren!!! Happening Now!!!

Thanks. New higher bonds were set Thursday by Judge June Darensburg of the 24th Judicial District Court when prosecutors filed the indictments; Sanchez $1.5 million, Speaks $1.75 million.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/08/couple_indicted_in_murder_dism_1.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Just wondering if the bonds are unusually high or the norm in a second degree murder case? Maybe the judge thinks they might dye their hair blue and bright red-orange again and try to go into hiding if it was set lower and they posted bail?

So relieved that justice is finally coming for Jaren and her family! It's been a long wait for case that seemed so obvious.

Just wondering if the bonds are unusually high or the norm in a second degree murder case? Maybe the judge thinks they might dye their hair blue and bright red-orange again and try to go into hiding if it was set lower and they posted bail?

So relieved that justice is finally coming for Jaren and her family! It's been a long wait for case that seemed so obvious.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. All along the same line of thought as yours but neither have very strong ties here that would make their absconding less likely. Both showed the willingness to elude LE. MAS showed she has the ability and willingness to up and leave the area by her jaunt to Las Vegas or Arizona or wherever that was. TS obviously by essentially absconding by failing to register showed he's likely to do the same. Coupled with the heinous nature of the crimes, I'm not too awfully shocked. Don't be surprised to see them possibly lowered at some point, but probably still remain at a level they cannot afford.

Suspect pleads not guilty in dismemberment case
Chad Calder ccalder@theadvocate.com
Aug. 25, 2014

Margaret Sanchez, one of the two suspects in the killing and dismemberment Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart, pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges of second-degree murder, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Sanchez, 30, said nothing other than “yes” when asked by 24th Judicial District Judge Stephen Grefer if she was pleading not guilty to the charges.

She otherwise spent most of the hearing shackled and rubbing her red, bleary eyes as she stared out the window of a courtroom at the Jefferson Parish courthouse in Gretna.
In French Quarter dancer Jaren Lockart's murder and dismemberment, Metairie woman pleads not guilty
By Paul Purpura, NOLA.com The Times-Picayune
on August 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM, updated August 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Sitting with other inmates in the jury box at 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, the petit defendant appeared to weep at times and to communicate with a man in the audience at other times. She's charged with second-degree murder, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Accused killer pleads not guilty in death of Bourbon Street dancer
Updated: Aug 25, 2014 2:52 PM CST
Written by: FOX8Live.com Staff

Another status hearing is scheduled for Sanchez in October.

Suspect pleads not guilty in dismemberment case
Chad Calder ccalder@theadvocate.com
Aug. 25, 2014

Margaret Sanchez, one of the two suspects in the killing and dismemberment Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart, pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges of second-degree murder, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Sanchez, 30, said nothing other than “yes” when asked by 24th Judicial District Judge Stephen Grefer if she was pleading not guilty to the charges.

She otherwise spent most of the hearing shackled and rubbing her red, bleary eyes as she stared out the window of a courtroom at the Jefferson Parish courthouse in Gretna.
In French Quarter dancer Jaren Lockart's murder and dismemberment, Metairie woman pleads not guilty
By Paul Purpura, NOLA.com The Times-Picayune
on August 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM, updated August 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Sitting with other inmates in the jury box at 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, the petit defendant appeared to weep at times and to communicate with a man in the audience at other times. She's charged with second-degree murder, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Accused killer pleads not guilty in death of Bourbon Street dancer
Updated: Aug 25, 2014 2:52 PM CST
Written by: FOX8Live.com Staff

Another status hearing is scheduled for Sanchez in October.

MAS >>>>>>> looking like she was weeping.... Rubbing her red, bleary eyes... >>>>:violin:

and.... Reporter says she looked like she was communicating with a male in the courtroom? Who would that male be? :waitasec:

MAS >>>>>>> looking like she was weeping.... Rubbing her red, bleary eyes... >>>>:violin:

and.... Reporter says she looked like she was communicating with a male in the courtroom? Who would that male be? :waitasec:
Probably her dad.

I was in the courtroom today with Jaren's mother and sister in law and yes, that was her dad in the courtroom....She was sitting handcuffed to another female inmate and they were giggling and blowing kisses towards us, Margaret was weepy eyed, putting up the biggest front EVER....

I was in the courtroom today with Jaren's mother and sister in law and yes, that was her dad in the courtroom....She was sitting handcuffed to another female inmate and they were giggling and blowing kisses towards us, Margaret was weepy eyed, putting up the biggest front EVER....

Hellahydro--thank you for being there. Please let Jaren's family know that even if many of us can't be there we are standing behind them. Waiting for the justice that is to come. :rose:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Saw the update on local news tonight also. So, is it possible she'll say he did it and he'll say she did it. And can the jury get hung up over the blame game? Or can they both be charged with 2nd degree murder even if only one actually stabbed Jaren?
Both already have been charged with second degree murder. Now we wait to see whether they will be tried separately. More than likely they will, and each will attempt to throw the other under the bus. Without knowing the evidence, I wouldn't venture to guess how the jury will view the case. MAS certainly is no shrinking violet, so I don't see sympathy for her merely because she's a woman. On the other hand, by the time an attorney gets through with her she could enter the courtroom looking like Mother Teresa.

JMO

Welcome, hellahydro!!

:welcome5:

Both already have been charged with second degree murder. Now we wait to see whether they will be tried separately.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Meant to ask if both could be found guilty of 2nd degree murder if only one actually stabbed Jaren which resulted in her death. In a case like this does one of the defendants typically get a lesser conviction (for turning evidence against his partner) or is it more likely for both to get the same? I can't wait to hear what TS says when it's his turn. I hope neither ever get the chance to walk through the French Quarter again.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Meant to ask if both could be found guilty of 2nd degree murder if only one actually stabbed Jaren which resulted in her death. In a case like this does one of the defendants typically get a lesser conviction (for turning evidence against his partner) or is it more likely for both to get the same? I can't wait to hear what TS says when it's his turn. I hope neither ever get the chance to walk through the French Quarter again.

I haven't looked up the law in Louisiana, but I would imagine both could get the same sentence if both are convicted for 2nd degree murder, which I believe they can be. I think a likely scenario, when the realities set in, is one will turn on the other for a reduced sentence. Just hope that that reduced sentence still involves significant jail time.

Both already have been charged with second degree murder. Now we wait to see whether they will be tried separately. More than likely they will, and each will attempt to throw the other under the bus. Without knowing the evidence, I wouldn't venture to guess how the jury will view the case. MAS certainly is no shrinking violet, so I don't see sympathy for her merely because she's a woman. On the other hand, by the time an attorney gets through with her she could enter the courtroom looking like Mother Teresa.

JMO

Welcome, hellahydro!!

:welcome5:

I actually think/hope they are tried together. I would think it's likely, in fact. Especially with the conspiracy charges. If I have time, I'll see if I can find an accurate answer (or maybe some lawyers out there can chime in) but I don't think it ultimately matters which plunged the knife into her if they were both still involved in the crime. For instance, if I hold someone down while my wife stabs someone, I imagine we both can get charged with murder. Not exactly the same here, but I think the same principles come into play.

Anything new on the cases? Isn't TS set to be released in NC and transferred to LA coming up here in October? Was trying to remember when that sentence was set to run.

There hasn't been any news lately. Yes, he is supposed to be released and transferred in October. Hopefully, we hear something soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back