Found Deceased LA - Jassiah Clark, 4, Baton Rouge, 20 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now this report makes it sound like it was a hole dug by workers. I'm so confused. I think I will just read and wait for the full report to come out.

" Lesly Reed, Jassiah’s aunt, said late Monday that the family had looked at the hole several times in the past few days, but they thought it was a puddle because only a shallow amount of water was sitting atop the mud.

She also said that at one point in the search, she had seen a police officer stumble at the hole, but he managed to grab a fence to steady himself.

“I’m pissed off,” Reed said about the city-parish not addressing the hazard. She said she plans to be at Mayor-President Kip Holden’s office first thing Tuesday morning to express her anger.

“It’s been very unacceptable,” Reed said. “It could have been anybody’s child.”

http://theadvocate.com/sports/11162880-32/body-of-missing-4-year-old-found

So was he buried in the hole. Has a cop confirmed that he stumbled over that same spot. Was this a dump job or kids playing? Didnt a girl die in a hole on a beach while being supervised. Plus why didnt search dogs find him quicker? Did they bring out search dogs. <modsnip> JMO.

The hole:

49edb857-9e0a-4bf7-8ead-26df22993651_zps5edef926.jpg

http://www.wafb.com/story/27696001/...cted-for-4-year-old-found-in-water-filled-pit

Preliminary autopsy results are expected before 2 p.m. for the 4-year-old who was found dead in a 20-foot deep water-filled pipe late Monday night.

http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/12/hole_where_4-year-old_boy_was.html

The hole where 4-year-old Jassiah Clark's body was found Monday evening in North Baton Rouge was an old city-parish dry well that had been filled in earlier this year, said William Daniel, chief administrative officer for the mayor's office. In September, the city-parish finished building a new sewer pump station right next door to where Jassiah lived, Daniel said. The old dry well was filled in pursuant to the city-parish's usual procedure. "We have pictures showing that it was completely flat," Daniel said.

Sometime in November, Department of Public Works crews noticed there was a "bit of an indentation" in the dry well, so they put more sand in it. The dry wells are usually filled with cement at the bottom, and then sand.

The pump mechanic was out at the station Monday morning -- while Jassiah was still missing -- and didn't notice anything unusual, Daniel said. So exactly what happened remains a mystery.

The picture of the hole looks a lot different than the description earlier, that it was a "puddle". The picture is a obvious and significant hole and should have drawn immediate attention, not a consideration after two days of searching. The hole was only 25 feet from his home ... spitting distance!

Too bad it wasn't the drunk uncles who fell in the hole. Ok, I didn't need to say that.

JMO

I'm also a local to B.R. in fact, grew up across Airline Highway from where he was found and I went to Redemptorist H.S. (a block or two away from where he lived) This case is truly heartbreaking. That poor baby. Why was no A.A. issued? It would have surely attracted more attention and had more people searching for him!

According to WAFB, FB link posted by me on first page, an alert was sent out. I never got one either. I have my phone set to get breaking news alerts and never got one of those either. So, whether it was an Amber alert or breaking news, it apparently didn't go out correctly. I think they called it an Amber Alert, but I don't think it fit the criteria, so it may have been breaking news.

Ultimately, I don't think it would have made a difference in this case, but I hope they look at the failure for the alerts to send. WAFB acknowledged they didn't go out the first time and they tried again. (In the comments on the FB page).

so many comments on the news stories about this little one playing unattended... too bad that is where the focus is now, but I get it. That's all I will say for now. Love to you sweet one...

According to WAFB, FB link posted by me on first page, an alert was sent out. I never got one either. I have my phone set to get breaking news alerts and never got one of those either. So, whether it was an Amber alert or breaking news, it apparently didn't go out correctly. I think they called it an Amber Alert, but I don't think it fit the criteria, so it may have been breaking news.

Ultimately, I don't think it would have made a difference in this case, but I hope they look at the failure for the alerts to send. WAFB acknowledged they didn't go out the first time and they tried again. (In the comments on the FB page).

I agree completely. I'm set to be notified of all breaking news and A.A.'s as well but never received either. Hopefully this can be remedied asap. But you are right. Sadly it would not have helped in this case. Negligence all around contributed to this sweet boy's death. (family letting him roam with no supervision, City of B.R., etc.)

The picture of the hole looks a lot different than the description earlier, that it was a "puddle". The picture is a obvious and significant hole and should have drawn immediate attention, not a consideration after two days of searching. The hole was only 25 feet from his home ... spitting distance!

Too bad it wasn't the drunk uncles who fell in the hole. Ok, I didn't need to say that.

JMO

100% agree.

This is so, so heartbreaking. The thing that bothers me is in one of the stories, it was said that he wasn't reported missing by his family until hours later.

I can only hope that this will ensure more help and supervision for the 10 year old. He is going to need counseling for years. This is a horrible accident that could have been prevented if a 4 year old didnt have free roam and no one concerned about his whereabouts for many HOURS! My 5 year old is not allowed out my door unless he is with me or my husband or playing directly in front of my house with his very responsible 11 year old sister. Not saying I am perfect or expect anyone to be, but seriously, 10 hours unaccounted for?

ETA: I dont think prosecution is necessary in this case. I say that with a caveat. No prosecution as long as the lesson is learned that children require constant supervision! Actually, what I would like is a suspended sentence that allows for rearrest if parenting classes and proof of supervision of any other children in familys care are not met. Must also prove that all children's needs are met (to include counseling due to multiple deaths in short period which can cause major PTSD.)

who left a deep hole like that unattended and uncovered?? RIP little one

Well, I have to give it to Louisiana on this one!!!! This is exactly the charge I would hope to see on a few other cases where the parents were clearly negligent and caused their child to go missing or found deceased.

Well, I have to give it to Louisiana on this one!!!! This is exactly the charge I would hope to see on a few other cases where the parents were clearly negligent and caused their child to go missing or found deceased.

I was very surprised when I got the text message. They had been very quiet on this case. I am glad they got it right, IMO. I agree with you, more cases need this charge.

Mother charged with negligent homicide. It is breaking news. Hopefully any updates will be made at this link. I just got a text alert. :(

http://www.wbrz.com/news/mother-charged-with-negligent-homicide-over-drowning/

From the above link..."Detectives also said a neighbor told them it wasn't unusual for Jassiah Clark to show up by himself at their home and stay there for days at a time."

I can't imagine my 4 yr old just walking out of the house and showing up at the neighbor's and stay there for days...that's absolutely CRAZY!! If I was her neighbor, I would have reported her. I really hope they throw the book at her. There's no excuse for this kind of behavior. I hope the authorities take the other child out of that home. It's apparent the adults in that household have other more important things to do besides watching over their children. I think I read in one of the news articles that the mother is also pregnant...great, just great. :gaah:

RIP sweetie pie

How could a government/contractor/landowner leave that mess open in a neighborhood where kids play!? Any little boy, I mean under 10, and some girls would be attracted to that hole like a moth to a porch light! Completely careless, irresponsible, even criminal I would dare say, in some jurisdictions. Definitely in mine!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back