LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man found not guilty by reason of insanity in death, decapitation of disabled son

http://www.wafb.com/story/24727815/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

THIBODAUX, LA (WAFB) -

"A man who admitted to killing and decapitating his 7-year-old son in 2011 was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

At the time of his arrest, Wright told police he believed his son was a CPR dummy. Experts revealed today that Wright actually believed his son was a robot.

In November 2013, Wright was found mentally fit to stand trial.

Wright will be sent to the state mental health facility in Jackson, LA. "

He should NEVER be released from the mental health facility. He should remain on a locked unit for the rest of his days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-son-guilty-reason-insanity-article-1.1614784

" According to a sworn police statement, Wright told investigators he had recently seen signs that made him believe he was living with a CPR dummy rather than his son.
Those signs, he said, included being defecated and urinated on the morning he decapitated and dismembered the boy, whom he referred to throughout the statement as "the dummy."

Forgive me for being so mean but I hope this killer meets up with someone who think that he is a "CPR Dummy" and does away with him. (Though not is such a gruesome way as this did with Jori because I don't wish first responders and hospital workers to have to deal with such a grisly incident and cleanup.)

OK fine he's insane. Why was he so cruel towards his wife by displaying his son the way he did? He is evil. Insane and evil. He deserves to die IMO.

SwampMama
Thanks for this update w judge's ruling on sad, sad, sad case.

Defense theory of mental illness = Capgras syndrome.
Not the best med source, but an understandable one. FWIW

The Capgras delusion (or Capgras syndrome) is a disorder in which a person holds a delusion that a friend, spouse, parent, or other close family member has been replaced by an identical-looking imposter. The Capgras delusion is classified as a delusional misidentification syndromes that involves the misidentification of people, places, or objects (usually not in conjunction). It can occur in acute, transient, or chronic forms. Cases in which patients hold the belief that time has been "warped" or "substituted" have also been reported.
The delusion most commonly occurs in patients diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, but has also been seen in patients suffering from brain injury and dementia. …. It occurs more frequently in females, with a female:male ratio of 3:2.

SBM. Much more at link. Capgras delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SwampMama
Thanks for this update w judge's ruling on sad, sad, sad case.

Defense theory of mental illness = Capgras syndrome.
Not the best med source, but an understandable one. FWIW

The Capgras delusion (or Capgras syndrome) is a disorder in which a person holds a delusion that a friend, spouse, parent, or other close family member has been replaced by an identical-looking imposter. The Capgras delusion is classified as a delusional misidentification syndromes that involves the misidentification of people, places, or objects (usually not in conjunction). It can occur in acute, transient, or chronic forms. Cases in which patients hold the belief that time has been "warped" or "substituted" have also been reported.
The delusion most commonly occurs in patients diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, but has also been seen in patients suffering from brain injury and dementia. …. It occurs more frequently in females, with a female:male ratio of 3:2.

SBM. Much more at link. Capgras delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Growing up I had a friend whose older schizophrenic brother believed the rest if his family had been replaced by aliens that were trying to poison him. He would be hospitalized for months, released, and in about a year he'd be back to the same delusion. Very sad. Luckily, he never killed anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this on a news feed and came over to post.

Firstly, thank you for posting that article above. Nearly brought me to tears. The kindness and compassion, combined with their beliefs is amazing and beautiful.

You just get to a point where you despair with every one of these cases you read about.

Wonder why he told the police he was sick of caring for him? and also why he chose to leave the head for the mother to find, so she felt stupid and also why he chose to dispose of the rest of the body parts 60 miles away?

*sigh*

Poor little Jori :(

This happened near where I live. I go to Thibodeaux for my infusions once a month. My boyfriend went to college there. My opinions on this case aren't popular. I think the mother was stupid for leaving her kid with him that morning. She was planning on leaving the guy- who was the kid's stepfather- because she claimed he was abusive. (All things said in papers after the fact.). But, you have this extended family that loves the child, why not call one of them and say that she needed a sitter? Why leave him with an abusive guy so she can get new tires? People don't go insane over a moment- it takes time. I'm sick of parents making horrible decisions and innocent children paying for it. This happens in this area more often than not. What real justice is served?

What...so what happens to him now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Maybe thus has been covered already ....
Perp expressed his aggression and intent to child several times. Mother was well aware. Yet she continued to leave the child in his care ?

What...so what happens to him now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Usually in these types of cases, a long bout of incarceration at some sort of mental health facility. I would guess that is what is going to happen here.

Talk about pure evil. Sorry but I'm not buying insanity. He was sane enough to know where to place the head so the mother would see it on the side of the road on her way home. Just evil..

Maybe thus has been covered already ....
Perp expressed his aggression and intent to child several times. Mother was well aware. Yet she continued to leave the child in his care ?

Dude, she left him to get new tires on her truck. Like that was so important? She pretty much told the guy who was mentally unstable-which she knew- and left her defenseless child alone with him. Why not get one of the extended family members that are all over local media taking donations to baby sit for a couple of hours? She let multiple restraining orders lapse. He was violent and threatened to kill her while she was pregnant. He told her point blank that he wanted to kill the child because he did not believe he was real, but a robot or a dummy. Why did she not leave? Why leave the child in his care? But tons of parents do it every day. I want one parent to get charged with something to set a precedent. The guy was in and out of institutions for years. There's no justice in this case. The guy is so mentally forgone that insanity is accurate here, an innocent child is dead, and that woman will probably have more kids one day.

ETA: I believe in insanity due to his testimony, the fact that he did not change his story nor flee, turned himself in. The head was not left to torment the mother. He placed it there because he believed he was getting rid of "evil." That was a theory . I wouldn't buy insanity normally, but there are too many logical things pointing to it.

ETA: he's going to an institution in Jackson, LA for life.

Dude, she left him to get new tires on her truck. Like that was so important? She pretty much told the guy who was mentally unstable-which she knew- and left her defenseless child alone with him. Why not get one of the extended family members that are all over local media taking donations to baby sit for a couple of hours? She let multiple restraining orders lapse. He was violent and threatened to kill her while she was pregnant. He told her point blank that he wanted to kill the child because he did not believe he was real, but a robot or a dummy. Why did she not leave? Why leave the child in his care? But tons of parents do it every day. I want one parent to get charged with something to set a precedent. The guy was in and out of institutions for years. There's no justice in this case. The guy is so mentally forgone that insanity is accurate here, an innocent child is dead, and that woman will probably have more kids one day.

ETA: I believe in insanity due to his testimony, the fact that he did not change his story nor flee, turned himself in. The head was not left to torment the mother. He placed it there because he believed he was getting rid of "evil." That was a theory . I wouldn't buy insanity normally, but there are too many logical things pointing to it.

ETA: he's going to an institution in Jackson, LA for life.

I agree, there's too many little details, too many consistencies over time, that all point to legit insanity to me. I've been working in criminal defense for a few years - usually, you can tell when someone is malingering. Real crazy? That stuff shines through and can't be faked. I truly believe he is insane and I hope he never sees the light of day again.

So he is getting LIFE in the institution?
Not "until he is deemed sane which could be a year or 40 years" correct?
I know in same states it's until they determine you are sane (usually while medicated.)

If he truly is in there until the day he dies, I can live with this verdict. :twocents:

It is life. Multiple local reports have stated such. The family seems okay with the verdict. I've expressed my concerns with the family, so I won't go there. But trust me, in Louisiana, when they say life they mean life. But his mental history def insures he's in there for life. He wasn't sure what year it was during the trial.

Poor Jori and his mother. Does anyone have an update? What's going on with the perp?

Why did'nt she leave? because it was her house, unfortunatly if you invite a loser into your home, its not so easy to get them out jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back