LA LA - Keiosha Felix, 15, Duson, 30 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has me and the whole of Acadiana baffled! Where in the heck is she? No clues? From what I understand, she didn't like going to the paternal side of her family's homes. They've arrested people but nobody is talking! Can't LE hold them until they do? Why aren't they charging them with murder? If she was kidnapped, where is she now? I thought if you kidnapped someone and don't produce the person, you can assume murder. I just wish LE would give the public and WS some information for us to go on. :maddening: Surely someone knows where this girl is. She hasn't used her facebook or cell phone since she disappeared. Sounds like murder to me. If she is alive, why can't she call home or call LE?
MOO
Hoping she comes home soon!
:please:

I'm getting frustrated with this case. Where is Keiosha?
Why haven't the suspects/persons of interest talked? What about the kidnapping charges- is that guy still "released" or is he in jail?
Why isn't her case getting more media coverage?
What is going on? What has happened to this child?

This case has me and the whole of Acadiana baffled! Where in the heck is she? No clues? From what I understand, she didn't like going to the paternal side of her family's homes. They've arrested people but nobody is talking! Can't LE hold them until they do? Why aren't they charging them with murder? If she was kidnapped, where is she now? I thought if you kidnapped someone and don't produce the person, you can assume murder. I just wish LE would give the public and WS some information for us to go on. :maddening: Surely someone knows where this girl is. She hasn't used her facebook or cell phone since she disappeared. Sounds like murder to me. If she is alive, why can't she call home or call LE?
MOO
Hoping she comes home soon!
:please:

I couldn't have said it better myself!! From what I understand she would not willingly not have her child with her. If LE is on to something, I wish they would just say it. It makes no sense at all. I am trying to get concrete info from her mother. I will share what I get with everyone as long as it isn't something that would harm the case. Praying for this child and the wisdom of LE to not just release the only people who could lead them to her.

I'm getting frustrated with this case. Where is Keiosha?
Why haven't the suspects/persons of interest talked? What about the kidnapping charges- is that guy still "released" or is he in jail?
Why isn't her case getting more media coverage?
What is going on? What has happened to this child?

From what I understand he is still in custody. I don't understand why MSM isn't all over this as well. It would sure help with the negative press they have been receiving.

From Houston Mom in Mickey Shunick thread:

Police arrest 3 in human trafficking ring

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8785503

I just spoke with Lena, KF's Aunt who is trying to find this poor child. The whole human traffic thing caught her off guard a few days ago. Cajun Net has really been speculating about this and fear it's what may have happened. The Aunt that was in jail, along with the cousin, they have lawyered up and are not talking. LWJ is still in custody, however he is not speaking either. They feel that LWJ's brother really didn't and doesn't know anything about what is going on with KF. The day she went missing, she was last seen with LWJ, and did not want to go. The Aunt who was in prison reported her as a runaway that evening, we know the rest. I am beginning to believe Cajun Net is on to something and your story is right on target! Strange how human trafficking is such a big business. I never thought I would see it in Louisiana, but it's here...

I just spoke with Lena, KF's Aunt who is trying to find this poor child. The whole human traffic thing caught her off guard a few days ago. Cajun Net has really been speculating about this and fear it's what may have happened. The Aunt that was in jail, along with the cousin, they have lawyered up and are not talking. LWJ is still in custody, however he is not speaking either. They feel that LWJ's brother really didn't and doesn't know anything about what is going on with KF. The day she went missing, she was last seen with LWJ, and did not want to go. The Aunt who was in prison reported her as a runaway that evening, we know the rest. I am beginning to believe Cajun Net is on to something and your story is right on target! Strange how human trafficking is such a big business. I never thought I would see it in Louisiana, but it's here...

That's been my concern from the beginning. The family members lying about Keiosha being missing is what led me to the possibility. It's the third largest criminal enterprise in the world, and I think it's been bumped up. Houston has an enormous problem with human sex trafficking, and yes, it has spread into Louisiana.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...ent-bulletin/march_2011/human_sex_trafficking
Since 2006, the Louisiana Human Trafficking Task Force, which has law enforcement, training, and victim services components, has focused its law enforcement and victim rescue efforts on the Interstate 10 corridor from the Texas border on the west to the Mississippi border on the east. This corridor, the basic northern border of the hurricane-ravaged areas of Louisiana, long has served as a major avenue of illegal immigration efforts. The I-10 corridor also is the main avenue for individuals participating in human trafficking to supply the labor needs in the hurricane-damaged areas of the state.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...ent-bulletin/march_2011/human_sex_trafficking

It happens right under our noses, and most people don't realize it's going on. It's generally believed to be a problem with immigrants, but the statistics say otherwise. At risk teens, like Keiosha, are exceptionally vulnerable. The majority of minors who are held as sex slaves enter the trade by way of adults who sell the children to traffickers.

The age of the youngest confirmed victim of sex trafficking in Baton Rouge, LA is 6 years old (Rescue and Restore Coalition of Louisiana)

• The current number of beds available in Louisiana designated for human trafficking victims is 0.
  • According to Shared Hope International, Baton Rouge is among the top 10 cities in the U.S. for human trafficking (February 5, 2010. Wafb.com. http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11940245
http://www.traffickinghope.org/human-trafficking-stats.php
Posted: Feb 05, 2010 11:57 AM CST
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - According to Shared Hope International, Baton Rouge is among the top 10 cities in the U.S. for human trafficking. In 2006, the group estimated there were 100 victims of domestic sex trafficking in the Baton Rouge-New Orleans area under 18 years old. That same year, the Baton Rouge shelter, Youth Oasis, reported 57% of its visitors were victims of sexual abuse. Records by the Office of Community show 35 confirmed cases in Louisiana where a parent was directly involved of the prostitution of their child
http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=11940245

This is from a 2008 report.
1. DMST is Occurring in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans AreaConservative estimates from various state and nonprofi t agencies interviewed on the number of DMSTvictims they served totaled over 100 victims in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area since 2006. Staff at Youth Oasis, a Baton Rouge shelter, reviewed their computer records and reported that 57% of the 157 youth who came to the shelter in 2006 qualified as DMST victims, though they were not identified at the time. The Offi ce of Community Services (OCS) reported 35 confi rmed instances in Louisiana of a parent or caretaker directly involved in the prostitution of their child since 2006. There are many more DMST victims who are misidentifi ed and not counted.
A lack of awareness of the TVPA and the Louisiana anti-trafficking statute, coupled with a lack of victim
identification, has allowed traffickers/pimps free range to recruit, groom, and exploit children in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area. The various state and federal laws available to charge a trafficker/pimp can carry extremely different penalties. When pimps are not identified, charged and convicted as human traffickers, the sentencing falls dramatically and serves as little punishment for the crime committed.

http://www.sharedhope.org/Portals/0/Documents/BatonRouge-NewOrleans_PrinterFriendly.pdf

http://www.polarisproject.org/state-map/louisiana

If Keiosha - god forbid - was forced into human trafficking, where should people in south Louisiana put her missing flyers up? Are there certain parts of town or types of businesses? Where would someone be likely to see her flyer and see Keiosha? I am thinking maybe of asking owners of low-price hotels if they'd post her flyer????

If she's still in/around Lafayette, or even in BR or New Orleans, where in these cities should her flyers go?

I really hope LE looks at everyone who LWJ regularly hung out with. If he did drugs, I hope they look at his dealers and friends he did drugs with. I am thinking of little Shanya Davis (not sure I spelled her name correctly) who was sold by her mother to a friend for drugs or to pay off a drug debt.

If Keiosha - god forbid - was forced into human trafficking, where should people in south Louisiana put her missing flyers up? Are there certain parts of town or types of businesses? Where would someone be likely to see her flyer and see Keiosha? I am thinking maybe of asking owners of low-price hotels if they'd post her flyer????

If she's still in/around Lafayette, or even in BR or New Orleans, where in these cities should her flyers go?

I really hope LE looks at everyone who LWJ regularly hung out with. If he did drugs, I hope they look at his dealers and friends he did drugs with. I am thinking of little Shanya Davis (not sure I spelled her name correctly) who was sold by her mother to a friend for drugs or to pay off a drug debt.
The motels are a good idea, and anywhere they'll be seen by a lot of people. Occasionally a john will recognize a girl from a poster and report the situation.

In Lafayette, the four corners area would be an appropriate place to put flyers. I would imagine there are other areas, but I can't say I'm really in the know about that sort of thing.
I've thought trafficking for a while and it just makes me ill. She could easily be anywhere along I-10. Too little is happenning in this case!

FROM FACEBOOK

KATC's Erin Steuber
4 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: According to Duson Police Chief Frank Andrew, Assistant Chief Lt. Gerald Credeur has been removed from the Keiosha Felix case because of substandard performance. He would not expand on specific reasons. The department is conducting their own internal investigation to decide how to proceed. Tomorrow, Chief Andrew says he will decide who will be leading the investigation here on out.

From the Find Keiosha Felix Now FB page

In light of the recent announcement regarding Lt. Credeur, the family is in shock. The family is behind Lt. Credeur and all that he has done for this investigation. This man is the ONLY person who ever contacted family with updates, worked day and night to find Keiosha, worked along with other agencies to keep this case moving. As soon as this was reported a family member reached out to the Chief of Police in Duson for answers and he was down right rude to the Aunt of Keiosha. His response to two questions were Yep and Nope and then he turned his back to her and lit a cigarette..So we will request an investigation on the Duson PD outside of the internal investigation they say they are doing. The State Police will be requested in this case because you cannot blame one man for how a case was handled without looking at his superior. There will be more to come. Thank you for your support and prayers.

There is something wrong here. They remove the one man who was keeping the family updated on what was happening, yet the Chief of that department is seemingly doing very little. I do hope the State Police take a closer look.

Something fishy indeed.
Keiosha, wherever you are, I hope you made it through Hurricane Isaac safely.

Also, I continue to be confused about how someone is charged with rape when no one knows where the victim is. How do they know a rape occurred? Keiosha didn't walk over to the police department and report it- she's been missing since she left Maison de Mere & went to her aunt's. And if she was kidnapped, where is she now?

Have there been any leads that ACI has found? I'm assuming he's still on the case but I don't know for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back