LA LA - Keiosha Felix, 15, Duson, 30 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Being local and knowing the system here.....IMO....no one is talking for a number of reasons...... please excuse the bluntness but it is what it is.....
1. She's not a well known child from a good home in a good neighborhood with parents that love her.
2. The system failed this child so many different ways - so many different times .....if we find her then we will find out just how many ways and how many times and all the ways we could have and should have protected her!
3. So many lies have been told about where to even begin looking.......first Lafayette then believed to be in Baton Rogue area...then Houston..... How about an AMBER ALERT???? Put the kids face on every TV, billboard, newspaper in the country!!!!

I'm totally disgusted with the way this child's case is being handled...... they drop the ball over and over again and no one is seemingly picking it up....WHY???? Because no one is making enough noise???? The system will silence the noise to cover up mistakes.

We are human - we all make mistakes....own up to them....get good people on the case....find the child!!!!! I pray for this poor little girl!!!! Jesus watch over her......protect her and help us find this little girl.

Being local and knowing the system here.....IMO....no one is talking for a number of reasons...... please excuse the bluntness but it is what it is.....
1. She's not a well known child from a good home in a good neighborhood with parents that love her.
2. The system failed this child so many different ways - so many different times .....if we find her then we will find out just how many ways and how many times and all the ways we could have and should have protected her!
3. So many lies have been told about where to even begin looking.......first Lafayette then believed to be in Baton Rogue area...then Houston..... How about an AMBER ALERT???? Put the kids face on every TV, billboard, newspaper in the country!!!!

I'm totally disgusted with the way this child's case is being handled...... they drop the ball over and over again and no one is seemingly picking it up....WHY???? Because no one is making enough noise???? The system will silence the noise to cover up mistakes.

We are human - we all make mistakes....own up to them....get good people on the case....find the child!!!!! I pray for this poor little girl!!!! Jesus watch over her......protect her and help us find this little girl.

I agree, it's a tragedy. This poor girl deserves to be found! Where are you Keiosha!!

Why indeed isn't there an Amber Alert for her?

Why wasn't one issued as soon as it was determined that she had not runaway?

Why indeed isn't there an Amber Alert for her?

Why wasn't one issued as soon as it was determined that she had not runaway?

If I understand it correctly, there was one issued. I believe the AA is active for 10 days before being moved to the NCMEC database? At least, that's what there website says. I don't know how to search for see if one was ever issued for sure but I think I remember seeing it.

If I understand it correctly, there was one issued. I believe the AA is active for 10 days before being moved to the NCMEC database? At least, that's what there website says. I don't know how to search for see if one was ever issued for sure but I think I remember seeing it.

I won't say you didn't see an Amber Alert, GulfCoastKAT, but I'm pretty certain no Amber Alert was issued. Keiosha was determined "missing" on July 23 by the Duson Police Department.

Duson Police Now Calling a Runaway Teen A Missing Person
07/23/2012 06:06 PM by Jenise Fernandez

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

I receive notification of AA's by e-mail. When I opened the thread on July 26, I had not seen one and didn't find one in a search. Unfortunately, Keiosha's disappearance does not appear to fit the criteria for the AA guidelines.

For an AMBER Alert to be effective in recovering a missing child, the law enforcement agency must have enough information to believe that an immediate broadcast to the public will enhance the efforts of law enforcement to locate the child and apprehend the suspect. This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

AA's are intended to locate an abducted child before the suspect has a chance to do harm. LE is also required to first confirm an abduction took place, and in this case I don't think they can. Keiosha has been missing since April, and suspects have been arrested. One man is charged with rape and second degree kidnapping. His brother has been charged with simple kidnapping. LE must have probable cause to charge them, which means they have a pretty good idea what happened, but their knowledge doesn't include a typical abduction.

Apparently, the rape occurred before Keiosha went missing, according to what's been reported about the aunt's failure to report it, and s
everal witnesses told Lt. Credeur they were aware Wilkerson raped KF.

Credeur wrote that he had talked to several witnesses who had all stated that Wilkerson, Andrus’ boyfriend, had raped Keiosha Felix.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3449378-125/two-more-people-arrested-in

So if all these people knew she was raped, it must have occurred prior to her disappearance. It's also reported that KF was last seen leaving her aunt's house in Duson, apparently by her own will. So where do the kidnapping charges come in? LE won't elaborate at all about that aspect. If the kidnapping is directly tied into the rape, and the whole incident occurred at some point before Keiosha disappeared, then a later abduction might be unrelated, and LE doesn't have a clue about why or how she disappeared. :(

So what the hell did they do to Keiosha that all these family members were involved and lied to protect themselves? What state of mind was she in when she left? Was she angry, crying, telling others what they did to her and threatening to tell the police? And who actually saw her leave her aunt's house? Did she leave at all? Alive? :furious:

Now Lt. Credeur, whom the family has grown to trust, has been kicked off the case without explanation by a relative of one of the arrestees, KF's aunt and gf of the rapist. WTH gives in the Duson Police Dept? On a positive note, multiple agencies are investigating, including the FBI and the Louisiana State Police.

The case is now being investigated by the FBI, New Orleans Division, Lafayette Resident Agency, State Police, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Duson Police Department, according to a news release about the reward.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/3778904-123/reward-offered-in-search-for

The shenanigans going on within the DPD won't stop the other LEA's from doing their jobs. I do believe, however, that LE would do well to be more forthcoming about the facts in this case. What premise are they working on? Stranger abduction? Or not?

http://theadvocate.com/home/3495935-125/duson-police-search-shelter

I read this article....looks like he falsified records stating she was in the "state's custody" when she was reported missing.
Agreed! Something fishy going on with this case!

We can't conclude from the article that the lieutenant "falsified records" by stating she was in the state's custody, information which seems to have been provided by LL, the aunt. The state has not denied Keiosha was in its custody. Rather, to protect her privacy as a juvenile, the state has "declined to confirm" whether or not it is true.

In an affidavit last week, Duson police Lt. Gerald Credeur wrote that Felix was in the state’s custody when she disappeared, a statement the state has declined to confirm.

Felix’s aunt, Lena Lewis, has said her niece was the mother of a nearly 1-year old baby. The state also has custody of the baby, Lewis said.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3495935-125/duson-police-search-shelter

I won't say you didn't see an Amber Alert, GulfCoastKAT, but I'm pretty certain no Amber Alert was issued. Keiosha was determined "missing" on July 23 by the Duson Police Department.

Duson Police Now Calling a Runaway Teen A Missing Person
07/23/2012 06:06 PM by Jenise Fernandez

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

I receive notification of AA's by e-mail. When I opened the thread on July 26, I had not seen one and didn't find one in a search. Unfortunately, Keiosha's disappearance does not appear to fit the criteria for the AA guidelines.

For an AMBER Alert to be effective in recovering a missing child, the law enforcement agency must have enough information to believe that an immediate broadcast to the public will enhance the efforts of law enforcement to locate the child and apprehend the suspect. This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

AA's are intended to locate an abducted child before the suspect has a chance to do harm. LE is also required to first confirm an abduction took place, and in this case I don't think they can. Keiosha has been missing since April, and suspects have been arrested. One man is charged with rape and second degree kidnapping. His brother has been charged with simple kidnapping. LE must have probable cause to charge them, which means they have a pretty good idea what happened, but their knowledge doesn't include a typical abduction.

Apparently, the rape occurred before Keiosha went missing, according to what's been reported about the aunt's failure to report it, and s
everal witnesses told Lt. Credeur they were aware Wilkerson raped KF.

Credeur wrote that he had talked to several witnesses who had all stated that Wilkerson, Andrus’ boyfriend, had raped Keiosha Felix.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3449378-125/two-more-people-arrested-in

So if all these people knew she was raped, it must have occurred prior to her disappearance. It's also reported that KF was last seen leaving her aunt's house in Duson, apparently by her own will. So where do the kidnapping charges come in? LE won't elaborate at all about that aspect. If the kidnapping is directly tied into the rape, and the whole incident occurred at some point before Keiosha disappeared, then a later abduction might be unrelated, and LE doesn't have a clue about why or how she disappeared. :(

So what the hell did they do to Keiosha that all these family members were involved and lied to protect themselves? What state of mind was she in when she left? Was she angry, crying, telling others what they did to her and threatening to tell the police? And who actually saw her leave her aunt's house? Did she leave at all? Alive? :furious:

Now Lt. Credeur, whom the family has grown to trust, has been kicked off the case without explanation by a relative of one of the arrestees, KF's aunt and gf of the rapist. WTH gives in the Duson Police Dept? On a positive note, multiple agencies are investigating, including the FBI and the Louisiana State Police.

The case is now being investigated by the FBI, New Orleans Division, Lafayette Resident Agency, State Police, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Duson Police Department, according to a news release about the reward.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/3778904-123/reward-offered-in-search-for

The shenanigans going on within the DPD won't stop the other LEA's from doing their jobs. I do believe, however, that LE would do well to be more forthcoming about the facts in this case. What premise are they working on? Stranger abduction? Or not?

I have an Amber Alert app for my iPhone. I see her missing poster listed there when I go to Louisiana so I think that's why I thought there was one. I see now that it's both an Amber Alert database and a missing children database. So you are probably correct, Bessie. No Amber Alert for Keoisha. :( No anything. No news, now info, no Cajun net rumors... Nothing. Where could she be????

This case is truly a viper's nest of suspects and players.

The poor child is still missing, and so much time has passed since she was last seen. It does not look like this will have a positive outcome.

Did the girls home where she was living ever notice that she was missing? Did anyone from there ask any questions when she didn't return? And who is the father of her baby?

I feel awful for Keiosha. What a difficult life she was leading.

Okay so now not only am I new to sleuthing but new on Twitter.... I probably got nowhere fast but I've Twitted Nancy Grace like crazy.... I hate to say it but this child is just not getting the attention needed and with all my attempts I think it was a waste.
I don't know this poor child but I know if it were mine.... God himself would have to come down here to stop me from getting her back ! �� sad....

It's also posted on KLFY. Sorry but I don't know how to link. Please spread the word!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back