LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's possible that the Fletchers (meaning the parents) were never the type to have an "open door" policy while also intentionally hiding Lacey. Have really none of the extended family said anything at all?

Moo..I can see this happening ( I have seen it with dogs) you do the best you know....but now you know you are going to be changed with neglect

Moo...na totally not seeing sexual abuse

But perhaps earlier. One or more types of abuse could have been the reasons behind her anxiety and withdrawal. Some victims neglect their hygiene as a defense tactic - I believe the mother claimed that she started defecating outside the bathroom soon after she left school.

It's possible that the Fletchers (meaning the parents) were never the type to have an "open door" policy while also intentionally hiding Lacey. Have really none of the extended family said anything at all?
BBM. Not to my knowledge, though at least a couple members appear to support the parents based on relatively recent media coverage (photos/videos). It's not a small extended family. All MOO.

BBM. This case is so infuriating and tragic on every level. Imagine if, instead of investing all that energy into building and maintaining their facades, the parents had instead spent a fraction of that time getting their daughter the help and support she so desperately needed? Lacey might not only be alive and safe today, she could very well be thriving and living her best life. Her parents really are heinous. MOO, of course.
Oh yes, they had a beautiful child and they ruined her, purposefully.

If they weren't so narcissistic they would understand Lacey's "embarrassing" condition worsened because of their own actions.
Moo..I can see this happening ( I have seen it with dogs) you do the best you know....but now you know you are going to be changed with neglect
Animal abuse is a federal crime.
If you see something, you need to report it.
Animal cruelty and human violence are linked.

Completely fair point! These people are lucky if they didn't have that one rude family member or acquaintance who insists on dropping by unannounced (an aunt was the bane of my poor mother's existence in this regard, lol). Although I wish this couple wasn't so lucky because an unexpected drop in might have saved poor Lacey :(
I have had very few such individuals over the years. I either ignore the door, or tell them thru the door that they are not being invited in, and/or contact them later and say they are not coming in without an invite.

The only link I can cite is the article from the Daily Mail (I know, I know...) that says the couple was "flanked by friends and family" on their way to the courthouse in February.

Parents of woman who was found fused to a sofa face 40 years in prison
Isn't it wonderful that these so-called parents have so much support? It honestly makes me sick. Nobody cared about Lacey- even in death---I can just imagine the story these parents spun in order to gain that sympathy and support- no doubt making themselves martyrs--( we did everything we could but Lacey was so difficult- she wouldn't listen to us- we tried everything, but you know with her autism (and lord knows what else the parents said she had), she just wouldn't get up off the couch-- blah blah blah)- I think I need the barf icon

I believe they will not get 40 years- not even 20

Oh yes, they had a beautiful child and they ruined her, purposefully.

If they weren't so narcissistic they would understand Lacey's "embarrassing" condition worsened because of their own actions.

Animal abuse is a federal crime.
If you see something, you need to report it.
Animal cruelty and human violence are linked.
I have a very sensitive nose, on top of the horrific inhuman cruelty to their daughter the smell would have driven me crying from the home and straight to police. Once it warms up and everyone removes the glass from their screen doors It is amazing and floods homes in the joy and fresh air of spring. I guess they never did that? So very sad.

Isn't it wonderful that these so-called parents have so much support? It honestly makes me sick. Nobody cared about Lacey- even in death

Yes, it does seem that way. Unless I've missed something, no one really seems to be fully and fiercely on Lacey's side, except the coroner and maybe law enforcement.

Any locals here? Maybe someone who cares can stand outside the courthouse with signs on sentencing day.

Last edited:
I have a very sensitive nose, on top of the horrific inhuman cruelty to their daughter the smell would have driven me crying from the home and straight to police. Once it warms up and everyone removes the glass from their screen doors It is amazing and floods homes in the joy and fresh air of spring. I guess they never did that? So very sad.
I have a sensitive nose too- but the smell in that home would no doubt have been overwhelming even if someone didn't have a sensitive nose. This is a horrifying case of abuse and so sad for Lacey. I fear the punishment will not fit the crime. The judge should have put those parents in jail while they await trial. This leads me to believe the sentence in this case will be disappointing.

I can understand so much local support if this was “only” a matter of a few bed sores.

I do have to wonder if the parents convinced their friends that the maggots, feces, coach foam, etc. is all “fake news.” Or maybe that the “melting into the couch” was a very recent deterioration that occurred when overwhelmed parents took a caregiving break. That’s the only way the support makes sense to me. Similar to how Anna Duggar claimed that Josh Duggar was an innocent victim of some scheme orchestrated by President Biden. Have there been any disclosures about what the parents texted/emailed to others after her death?

I can understand so much local support if this was “only” a matter of a few bed sores.

I do have to wonder if the parents convinced their friends that the maggots, feces, coach foam, etc. is all “fake news.” Or maybe that the “melting into the couch” was a very recent deterioration that occurred when overwhelmed parents took a caregiving break. That’s the only way the support makes sense to me. Similar to how Anna Duggar claimed that Josh Duggar was an innocent victim of some scheme orchestrated by President Biden. Have there been any disclosures about what the parents texted/emailed to others after her death?
I'd love to know what excuses they gave. IMO, they must be excellent tellers of tall tales. That said, I'm puzzled by the amount of apparent support they continue to have, even after people have had over two years to process it. MOO

Also, I'm not sure if it's been noted before, but the coroner who's been instrumental in getting the word out about Lacey's case, "abruptly" resigned from his position in December 2022 after "funding battles." This is probably coincidental. At the same time, I can't help but wonder if it's possible that CF/SF's political/social connections might have been upset over the negative attention this case brought to their region, or to people/businesses they're associated with in some way. All MOO, of course.

East Feliciana coroner submits resignation; special election to be called

East Feliciana Parish coroner resigns

In this article, Lacey is mis-identified in the group graduation photo. I'm pretty sure she is at the far right, definitely not the center.
View attachment 489212
Heartbreaking such a sweet picture and I notice that not only has she attained an awesome academic milestone here, sweet Lacey has a bunch of little friends here, has highlighted hair, possibly makeup on, etc. She was doing well in school with time with caring peers clearly with love and encouragement (from peers and teachers), Lacey thrived. I’m not an MD; I couldn’t even hazard a guess with any diagnosis. But I think her “parents” are not being remotely accurate in their re-telling of what happened initially that made Lacey fearful to leave the house (or if she was restrained from leaving).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back