LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that the family very much isolated themselves once Lacey got to a certain point in her deterioration.

I appreciate your analysis of what could have caused this level of neglect, so tomatoes thrown from me, but the more we learn, the worse it gets. :mad:

From the link…
Neglected woman who died on parents' sofa starved to death, had not seen doctor in 20 years

Fletcher's parents, Sheila and Clay Fletcher were described as the church-going type and were always out and about. Lacey died Monday Jan. 3, 2022. The weekend before, the parents were out of town the WBRZ Investigative Unit learned.

"They go to church every weekend and do anything for anybody," Neighbor Robert Blades said.

I think they didn't ask for help because after a certain point they knew how much trouble they'd be in. Denial and CYA syndrome.
I am actually surprised that they even called for help at this point. She was so far gone by the time they got there what was their point? I wonder if one of them forced that to happen and if they will turn on each other.
Parents charged.

A grand jury has indicted the parents of a woman who died in their home after spending years malnourished on a couch.

Sheila and Clay Fletcher are now charged with second-degree murder in the death of 36-year-old Lacey Fletcher.

Parents charged with murder in death of daughter who rotted away on couch

The more we find out the worse this gets! Why were they not arrested immediately? She died in January and this is May, wtf

So she had resorted to eating the stuffing from the couch! If she had melted into the couch, she would not have had the stamina to get to the kitchen to get something to eat. These parents presented to their community as being normal with an emphasis on being great church goers and helping out the community.
MOO

So if she was eating the foam from the sofa, she must have been able to move at least her arm.

I would like to see pics of the entire interior of the house.

This is all so hard to process.

Last edited:
Daily Mail clears up the confusion (that they caused by publishing the whole locked in thing to begin with):

The coroner also revealed the full horrific cause of death.

He said: 'The cause of death stemmed from severe medical neglect, which led to chronic malnutrition, acute starvation, immobility, acute ulcer formation, osteomyelitis which is bone infection which led finally to sepsis.'

Dr Bickham also cleared up a misunderstanding about Lacey's actual condition, originally reported as 'Locked-In' Syndrome.

He said: 'I don't know where that term came from or what source it came from. In all my years as a practicing physician I have never heard of that term.

'The only diagnoses that I know she did have was first, social anxiety, severe autism and that's it. Those are her only two diagnoses.

'The last time she saw a physician of any type or any kind was when she was 16 years old. That picture of her was when she was 16.'Parents of Louisiana woman, 36, found dead, 'fused to sofa' charged with second-degree murder | Daily Mail Online

This is kind of what I thought. SMDH:
“The coroner also revealed the full horrific cause of death.

He said: ‘The cause of death stemmed from severe medical neglect, which led to chronic malnutrition, acute starvation, immobility, acute ulcer formation, osteomyelitis which is bone infection which led finally to sepsis.’

Dr Bickham also cleared up a misunderstanding about Lacey's actual condition, originally reported as ‘Locked-In’ Syndrome.

He said: “I don't know where that term came from or what source it came from. In all my years as a practicing physician I have never heard of that term.

The only diagnoses that I know she did have was first, social anxiety, severe autism and that's it. Those are her only two diagnoses.

‘The last time she saw a physician of any type or any kind was when she was 16 years old. That picture of her was when she was 16.’” (BBM)

“Sofa foam and feces were found in her stomach, according to East Feliciana Coroner Dr. Ewell Bickham. The autopsy also found feces in her nostrils, under her finger nails and in her hair.”

OMG

Oh my god this is just horrible. I can’t even imagine how she had to suffer. No living thing should live and die in such a way.
The more details come out the worse it is.
There is no excuse for the parents and I can think of few reasons why they didn’t get her help like some of you mentioned upthread but it doesn’t justify just looking at your own daughter dying like that. She was so underweight too. Horrible case.

I find it shocking that parents can take 9th grader out of school and nobody see her ever again and there are no questions where is she why is she home and stuff like that?
How come it’s possible to do that?

in Sweden schools are mandatory and one can lose a right to a child if pulled out of school. There would be follow up. Not sure how it looks like in the USA?
https://www.thelocal.se/20200902/sw...-children-locked-up-out-of-coronavirus-fears/
https://www.thelocal.se/20200902/sw...-children-locked-up-out-of-coronavirus-fears/

You make a good point- why was nobody checking up on her? It is like she was invisible--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966