Found Deceased LA - Mark Bakotic, 21, New Orleans, 30 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the Find FB page, early on, there were friends of Mark saying he had been 'puddled'. It's a drug reference but I'm not entirely sure of the meaning.

I think that newest news story didn't check with the police. Both women were arrested on 1/20. Both have been released and are pending a court date. It doesn't seem like the parents (or the missing page) realize this happened, either. I only know because I looked up the arrest records again- it was never printed in a news story.

It seems like the women didn't have anything to do with him missing, then. Or at least, that is what the parent's believe. I would love to know what the police are saying. Many times, they give us clues to what has happened by what they say they are looking for. New Orleans is a really big little city. That means we are a big city, but everyone knows everyone. I just don't think he would be that hard to track down, if he was so incoherent. And he has no money, so how would he be affording these drugs to keep him incoherent 24 hours a day. A girl, maybe. A dude, rarely. I hope it is that simple, but it doesn't fit, for me. He could ask anyone for help, if he was downtown. The fact that the police wanted DNA from the women and put out a warrant for the credit cards make me think they are still looking that way. I go round and round, but I think I agree. I think they might have been teamed up with others to rob and likely kill a victim that night. I really hope I'm wrong. Life is so much more valuable than many people treat it now.

IMO, those women are owed an apology from a few people here who jumped to conclusions about their involvement before having all of the evidence. I would hope we are better sleuthers than that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IMO, those women are owed an apology from a few people here who jumped to conclusions about their involvement before having all of the evidence. I would hope we are better sleuthers than that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I dont think they are cleared, yet. And they definitely have been arrested for some serious criminal activity that happens to be related to a guy who is still missing. And the things I have seen them say about the missing man---- well, let me just say I do not think either of them are owed any apologies. I think they owe his family an apology. That is just my opinion.

On the Find Mark Facebook page, someone claims to have definitely talked to him a week and a half after he went missing. I think this is what has his parents convinced he is alive and roaming the city. I reeeeeally hope this is accurate information! He is SO tall! I feel like plenty of people would remember seeing him around, if he was wandering.

I'm just relinking his find facebook page, just because-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1860566624187536/

Maybe he did get a blow to the head when his cards were stolen and now he's suffering from temporary amnesia. Not that uncommon with a blow to the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he did get a blow to the head when his cards were stolen and now he's suffering from temporary amnesia. Not that uncommon with a blow to the head.

I know a guy who had done so much acid that he literally slept under a rock for a year. He could barely repeat his own name. He has recovered, but acid is very hard on brain cells.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I know a guy who had done so much acid that he literally slept under a rock for a year. He could barely repeat his own name. He has recovered, but acid is very hard on brain cells.

Yeah, I've seen people pretty messed up on it. Ecstasy (aka X or Molly) can mess you up pretty good too. And then some people get really stupid and mix their drugs.

levity is nice here sometimes as I chuckle at anyone LITERALLY sleeping under a rock for a year. =)

levity is nice here sometimes as I chuckle at anyone LITERALLY sleeping under a rock for a year. =)
He really did. The strangest thing. He was what we called burned out.

Women no longer considered persons of interest in case of missing man

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/women_no_longer_persons_of_int.html

Earlier this week, when asked if the NOPD was still looking to speak with Peters or Pinera, NOPD spokesman Aaron Looney responded that both women had turned themselves in to the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office earlier this month, "so NOPD was not notified."

They have obtained legal representation and, since they have criminal charges pending in this case, our detectives cannot interview them concerning the case without their consent," Looney said in response to follow-up questions seeking to clarify whether investigators had spoken with Peters or Pinera. "It is unknown as to why OPSO did not contact our detectives concerning the arrests."

His father is heading a search tomorrow. Volunteers should meet in Jackson Square. I have to double check the time. Will update later.

Mark Bakotic Search Party (event page)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1900671756822746/?active_tab=discussion

From Mark's dad:
For planning, we will meet at Jackson Square in the French Quarter at 0800 on Saturday. We will first have some discussion and distribute maps and fliers. I have my ideas but I also hope to hear your ideas. We will leave there with the plan to conduct the search. Thank you everyone for volunteering for this mission. The parking in that exact area is pricey so you might want to get there early to park in a lower price lot.

Women no longer considered persons of interest in case of missing man

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/women_no_longer_persons_of_int.html

I can't say I fully understand this. They were never interviewed, but got an attorney, so are no longer suspects. It seems like the police are dropping it because the family is convinced he is wandering around and well... that is easier.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope that the information they are getting about sightings are accurate! We have seen SO many investigations where there were "absolute" sightings, to only find they were "gone" all along. This investigation could be set way back if he was a victim of a violent crime. I'm sure hoping they find him tomorrow. Should be a nice day to be out.

Did anyone hear anything about the search party?

Posted by his dad on the page:

We have had the search. We covered areas that I could not do by my self and I am grateful for the help. We had enough for six teams and we were able to do six blocks at a time. We got hits but only repeats of ones before. About a week and a half ago he was under the highway 90 elevated highway near Saint Charles Street but no one has seen him since. That was about when we had distributed fliers in that area. The team has disbursed to head back to their cars. I am very grateful for all the help in finding Mark Bakotic.

Update from the father's Facebook:

"Finding Mark Update. I recommend the stopping of the poster distribution. The information is out there. We have distributed close to three thousand handouts. I have to be honest, after over a month of searching, the effort is taking a toll on me, my job, and my family. I am going to have to take a break to get caught of on the rest of my life. I will still respond to the police leads and requests, but I gotta stop the walking of the streets. If anyone desires and has the time to search, I will gladly offer recommendations via email, phone, or text message..."

And in the comments section:

"Two weeks ago he was living on the street near the corner of Clio and Saint Charles. Unfortunately it is true. There are 500,000 people living in New Orleans and 35,000 homeless. The number of homeless moving through the area increases with Marti Gras."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back