Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how he appeared to his family on the day he went missing? Did they notice anything off or unusual? I know there are so many cameras to get footage from. I'm hoping all are looked as soon as possible. Mominime-I hope your nephew is doing better these days!

This was super unexpected - I don't really think there's been anything unusual that's noticeable besides the obvious situation at hand.

You may not get a definitive answer, but you could email the missing flier to admissions in each facility (or numerous departments) and ask them to contact law enforcement or have Michael contact family.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan. Will do that tomorrow (that way I can call the hospitals and be like, "hey I just sent you a file please take a look" and kind of force them to acknowledge it).

I came across a thesis Michael posted online in 2014 about Carl Sandburg's experiences as a traveling hobo, a soldier, and an American. Is it possible that he might have biked over to rail road yard and caught a train out of town?

https://prezi.com/al1dsm5gwpnk/carl-sandburg/
by Michael Nickelotte on 21 March 2014

What is the status with the knee injury? If he is under medical evaluation and determined to be unfit for service this would keep him from pursuing his military career and thus could possibly be a cause for a mental breakdown of sorts. Was he being processed for medical discharge or general discharge?

His knee was injured in November. Healed about 6 months later after physical therapy. Doc said it was healthy but needed to get back up to normal strength. Michael worked hard and got cleared to go back to regular physical training, but he ended up not being able to pass his PFT because of his knee. He and his dad were making plans to get it better so that he could pass the next one (it's not like you only take one PFT). He was not being processed for discharge, he was looking at some sort of promotion according to my friend.

I came across a thesis Michael posted online in 2014 about Carl Sandburg's experiences as a traveling hobo, a soldier, and an American. Is it possible that he might have biked over to rail road yard and caught a train out of town?

Is this the same Michael Nickelotte? And he would have been a senior in high school at the time. He went to Fountainebleau High. There are train tracks near campus so it is possible it got on a train, but I would imagine it'd be hard to get the bike in.

He also really wasn't into books, literature, or poetry. I don't really see him making a decision based on poems he had to do a project on in high school.

I think you misunderstood me. I had meant during the time he spent with his family the day he went missing. I meant that I wondered if he was acting differently. Not like himself or something, you know?

It may not be the same Michael Nickelotte but the same person also posted a presentation about why they chose mechanical engineering as a career. Wasn't he pursing a degree in mechanical engineering before he changed to sociology?
https://prezi.com/user/qeg6vwaosmy7/

He spent all day with his family prior to his disappearance. Was there anything upsetting discussed? Is he under a lot of pressure? He is a senior now and the expectations of going out into the world/Marine Corp can be overwhelming.

I think you misunderstood me. I had meant during the time he spent with his family the day he went missing. I meant that I wondered if he was acting differently. Not like himself or something, you know?

When family and friends met this past Sunday he said the most unusual thing was that he brought home schoolwork.

He spent all day with his family prior to his disappearance. Was there anything upsetting discussed? Is he under a lot of pressure? He is a senior now and the expectations of going out into the world/Marine Corp can be overwhelming.

I believe he was extremely upset about his PFT. But his dad was working with him on it. But yeah his PFT is definitely something that would upset him.

Mominime-I hope your nephew is doing better these days!
Thank you! My nephew ended up dropping out and spending six weeks in patient at a treatment facility, but then was able to return to school and finish both his bachelors and masters degrees.

So very sad for his family right now... I hope he is safe somewhere, taking a break or getting any help he feels he might need.

wow, I had no idea they even offered Latin anymore. I imagine skipping a class like that, you'd miss a lot.

And, Golden, are you female?

So very sad for his family right now... I hope he is safe somewhere, taking a break or getting any help he feels he might need.

wow, I had no idea they even offered Latin anymore. I imagine skipping a class like that, you'd miss a lot.

And, Golden, are you female?

Yes, 20 year old. Michael and I dated last year so he was 20 and I was 19 at the time.

I don't have anything to add, but I'm glad to see this thread here. I live not far so this has been appearing on my FB feed frequently. My thoughts and prayers are with Michael and his family.

There was a very recent death of a student at LSU believed to be an alcohol related hazing incident. Perhaps a week before Michael disappeared, if that long. There's a part of me that wonders whether the reason LSU seems reluctant to get word out is because it doesn't want more negative publicity (nothing indicates that the two cases are in anyway related). My niece attends LSU.

I don't have anything to add, but I'm glad to see this thread here. I live not far so this has been appearing on my FB feed frequently. My thoughts and prayers are with Michael and his family.

There was a very recent death of a student at LSU believed to be an alcohol related hazing incident. Perhaps a week before Michael disappeared, if that long. There's a part of me that wonders whether the reason LSU seems reluctant to get word out is because it doesn't want more negative publicity (nothing indicates that the two cases are in anyway related). My niece attends LSU.

Michael isn't involved with frats. So no, they're not related. And that's what the whole group thinks as well I believe, that LSU is trying to keep the negative press to a minimum with what happened with hazing. It's definitely what I've been saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back