LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen what concert she attended with her friends Friday night and where it was located?

Don't think it was a concert but 'a show' at a local bar type place. On page two or three of this thread, I saw where some peeps know the place but they didn't name it.

I'm interested to know what Mickey had been doing all day, when she went where and who she was with (other than the one guy friend) and whose path she could have crossed. If she's been taken, it could be by a random person who spotted her earlier and followed her, a completely random person or somebody she actually recognized and knows casually or not. Was she even going straight home? One would think so but could she have stopped off somewhere along the way? Why are there no witnesses or are there? Does LE have reason to believe she's been taken on the Interstate or did they call the FBI for precaution?

***O/T****

Please take the time to vote for Tim and TES for the Toyota give-away. Tricia has a post at the top of the page in the notices section. This is the only day we can vote for TES, and last I checked they had only received 15% of the votes for the 5 contestants. It's really easy.

:)

Oh thanks. Can you believe I don't? May have to break down one of these days and do it but I really don't want one (not sure why).

lol, I have one just for sleuthing with a different name.It was driving me crazy not knowing what everyone was talking about! Besides that I don't do FB

Your not the only one!!!

Oh thanks. Can you believe I don't? May have to break down one of these days and do it but I really don't want one (not sure why).
Just a thought, but maybe becuz Facebook is a huge privacy invasion? I used to think that was a joke, since I heard/read it so often, as in people voluntarily sharing TMI...but then I became very jaded and thought it was something worse. :angel:

***O/T****

Please take the time to vote for Tim and TES for the Toyota give-away. Tricia has a post at the top of the page in the notices section. This is the only day we can vote for TES, and last I checked they had only received 15% of the votes for the 5 contestants. It's really easy.

:)

Surfie,

Is the only way to vote through that FB page? When I hit vote on TES it pops up a window wanting to install an app that posts stuff to your timeline.

I posted what I'd found out about The Artmosphere gig upstream. Feufollet played, big crowd, Rolling Stone did photo shoot, and The Advertiser was there.

I wondered if LE had followed up on those photos or called for submissions from anyone in the audience that was there that night.

Everyone is different but Taco Bell would be out of the question for me if I was feeling sick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/22/mickey-shunick-search_n_1536814.html

Like suddenly sick or had been feeling sickish all evening - :waitasec:
Makes no sense if you've already been out all night when you're sick and then you're going to ride your bike home - a long bike ride?
Could she have felt a cold coming on or something like that?
Always something weird gets thrown in to make one :waitasec:.

Earlier today, another poster provided us with Traffic Cam link.....

http://www.lafayettela.gov/trafficcameras/Congress.aspx

I have watched a number of cameras. In the middle of the day it is hard
to see someone walking or on a bike. Night time cams must be more
difficult....but....I think these could have been used as soon as she
was known to be missing....along with cameras from the local
businesses.

If LE could say that they saw her at all...anywhere...any intersection...
any business....the numerous volunteers would have a starting place.

I wonder where the first traffic cam is located in relation to 100 Ryan St?

Just a thought, but maybe becuz Facebook is a huge privacy invasion? I used to think that was a joke, since I heard/read it so often, as in people voluntarily sharing TMI...but then I became very jaded and thought it was something worse. :angel:

Yes and what do you do if old boyfriends track you down? How do you turn peeps down when they ask to be your friend? I find the whole thing kindof stressful - or could be.

Has anyone seen what concert she attended with her friends Friday night and where it was located?

The band was Feu Follet (voted Best Cajun Band, etc, a big draw locally when they come home to play), playing at Artmosphere.

Artmosphere is a favorite among the college kids and older folks too. It's an old house with two large rooms, wooden floors, a fenced deck up front that butts right up to the heavily-traveled Johnston street, and an outdoor covered seating area in back. The environment is very laid back with couches and large upholstered easy chairs inside, a few tables, a dance floor, and a small area for the band.

It's on the fringe of the downtown area (which is only a couple of blocks from the ULL campus), and city court is at the other end of the block from the bar. Parking is at a minimum; when I've been there I had to park a couple of blocks away and was very uncomfortable walking back to my car ....dark, lots of dark one- and two- story buildings, lots of shadows and places for someone to conceal themselves.

There are several college-types bars close by (The Blue Moon Saloon, etc) and lots of foot traffic, even at 2 am. Due to the proximity to campus, many of the buildings in that 4-6 block area are shabby and run down and are rented to students; the population is one in constant flux. Houses are divided into apartments to maximize rent.

Location-wise, if you leave Artmosphere heading South, you're going in the right (safer) direction (down Johnston Street toward Mickey's home, with Congress Street - also towards her home - running parallel). North, and you quickly enter a danger zone, heading to the north side of town. Approximately 6-7 blocks west of Artmosphere is the local homeless shelter (Acadiana Outreach aka The Well), a high crime area and also bordering downtown, right near the railroad tracks (yes, about what you would expect there ....bums, homeless, etc).

The Taco Bell is a straight shot up Johnston Street 5-6 blocks) heading south, directly across from the main campus entrance, very well lighted, with a Burger King and McDonalds next door. Behind the Taco Bell (St Mary St.) heads back up into the Saints Street area leading to Ryan Street.

Schmidty, I hypothesized someone could have easily tailed them from the gig to Taco Bell back to Ryan St, and then followed MS when she biked away. All locations are so close together and within such close proximity to the fair. Makes sense.

Add Friday night, alcohol, music and lots of people and traffic....

Schmidty, I hypothesized someone could have easily tailed them from the gig to Taco Bell back to Ryan St, and then followed MS when she biked away. All locations are so close together and within such close proximity to the fair. Makes sense.

Add Friday night, alcohol, music and lots of people and traffic....

If she and BW left Artmosphere on bikes to go to Taco Bell and then headed back into the Saints Street area it would not surprise me if they were followed. If someone was following them the simple fact that they were on bikes would make them so much easier of a target.

Just my feeling, but I don't think she ever made it to the main streets, I suspect danger awaited her in the neighborhoods of the Saints Street area. I lived there (Saints Streets area) for years and while it holds a lot of charm in the daytime, that is deceptive. I know of break-ins and trouble over the years in that area. Ryan Street is in a bad area, period ....and is not part of the Saints Streets, per se.

Surfie,

Is the only way to vote through that FB page? When I hit vote on TES it pops up a window wanting to install an app that posts stuff to your timeline.

I'm not sure. I did it through my FB page, and I did allow the one app because it was for a good cause. But then again, I don't use my "real" name on FB either. I fudge my DOB, location, etc.

Just my :twocents: - this case is a bit strange for three reasons IMO:

Seems there was a big delay in getting her reported missing and LE swinging into action. (Though traveling late at night, she and friend don't appear to have system to communicate she arrives home okay).

Seems with all the people around just after bar closing time, and all the surveillance cameras around, she should have been seen, but appears not to have been.

Finally, and to muck things up, there's a carnival rolling into town and setting up in proximity to her route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip