LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EBR, I have to sort-of go along with you on the Harry/Sally thing, although I tend to lean towards the batting-for-the-other-side theory of BW. However:

the first time I saw him, speaking on the first video, he says something as though he is speaking directly to whoever took her, using "you" (can't remember the direct quote, something like "how could you do this!"), as thought he is already holding in his mind a defined "you" ... and my very first thought (and one I still hold) was that if indeed he is involved the "you" he was speaking to would be the "bad side" of himself. (It would fit if there is any splitting of his pysche.)

This is a pic from BWinstagram feed. Notice the comment under it from his girlfriend (She claims that he is her "boifran" but I don't see him avery saying that is his girl friend. But anyway, he labels the picture "Mick, me, and veggie burritos" The girlfriend makes the comment. "Free things just taste better"
Maybe she was upset that he took her to lunch?
If you check out her instagram feed, she has more pics of him than he has of her. Do I really think the girl or BW did something... Not really, but everything she be inspected.

Also just a side note, If MS was feeling that a cold was coming down or she was fatigued, she may have stopped at a store such as Walgreens to get some cold medicine. I think I saw somewhere that Walgreens wasn't 24-7 but I'm certain that there's a 24-7 store somewhere on her way home.

It doesn't matter what time of day or night I drive by there, there are guy's loitering. Bunches of teens, older guys with nothing to do, just hanging there. All black. (Facts are facts.)
snip

Facts are facts, but what this insinuates is unfair.

I am thinking of three separate cases i have been reading about here, all three of which have carnivals set up right beside the person going missing.

This case, Kathryn Markham, and a very old case from the 50's, in Idaho, a 12 yr old boy, named Lonnie.

And in 1981... Charlotte Kinsey and Cinda Pallet - OKC

BW was very direct and specific when describing her route (via Parkside to UL bike path), and her path was indeed a matter of habit. She biked back and forth regularly. I'm of the opinion she did not deviate from her routine, in all probability.

It's worse today. There's a little creepy store right across Congress from that intersection from Parkside. It doesn't matter what time of day or night I drive by there, there are guy's loitering. Bunches of teens, older guys with nothing to do, just hanging there. All black. (Facts are facts.) They watch, yes. It's definitely not safe to be a pedestrian in that area, ever. Even in broad daylight.

Most of the homes on the Ryan street side of Congress right in that area have wrought-iron bars on the windows and doors. The Block is an area that you instinctively know to avoid, it screams danger.

I just cannot imagine that she thought she was safe leaving a home on Ryan Street alone at night, even heading left on Parkside.

Yea I stated this yesterday and put up a map with several killings around that section. That little white grocery store looking building is apart Langlinais bakery and you are completely right it always has shady people around it.

I work on Simcoe, just down the road near the railroad tracks and "The Well". This is a horrible section of town filled with drugs, lots and lots of homeless people, and violence. I would walk or ride a bike around these parts during the day light hours much less at 2am AND I am a full grown man. A small frame pretty white girl would not stand a chance.

I honestly believe this had to occur in the Saints St. region. Once she would of hit Bertrand and Congress from there on it is lite very well and bunch of traffic always coming and going especially at 2+am when all the people leaving the bars and clubs head to get food and head home.

The Saints Streets are really dark and have been known to have some shady activity. So that is my area I would look hard for some type of "accident" or "abduction" scene.

snip

honestly his assessment is entirely true. There is literally zero white people in that area. It is about a 99.8% black region. I know I work on this section and it is not a nice part of town.

snip

I sincerely apologize if I have violated your sense of fairness, but life has taught me (right or wrong) that certain things and places are to be avoided for certain reasons, and that is one of them. I have lived in Lafayette for 50 years and I understand at a visceral level that certain places and populations mean certain things ...even children know this, as do cops.

honestly his assessment is entirely true. There is literally zero white people in that area. It is about a 99.8% black region.
Wasn't questioning the veracity; the insinuation, however, needed to be addressed as it occurs in the context of what has happened to a missing person.

Okay, back to sleuthing.

This is a pic from BWinstagram feed. Notice the comment under it from his girlfriend (She claims that he is her "boifran" but I don't see him avery saying that is his girl friend. But anyway, he labels the picture "Mick, me, and veggie burritos" The girlfriend makes the comment. "Free things just taste better"

On that day, I think it was earth day, Izzo's gave away free Veggie Burritos to people who came on their bikes. I'm a member of the BikeLafayette group on FB and it was posted on their wall. This sticks out in my mind because I remember wishing that I still lived in Lafayette.

If BW didn't see which direction she took off in then maybe he didn't walk her to her bicycle and wait for her to leave? Could someone have been lying in wait or followed her in a vehicle or on another bicycle or motorcycle? Parkside Drive south is residential and if there had been a struggle presumably someone would have heard something. But if she was followed south and across St. Landry it's pretty open near the Blackham buildings.

Looks to me like LE knows something. There is a post on the Find Mickey Shunick Now fb page saying that the reward is $25,000 and it will NOT be going up because they refuse to play games with predators. Sounds like maybe they know a lil more about her situation. Also, this gives me a glimmer of hope. If, in fact, they have had some contact with a predator that wants $, that would mean that Mickey is possibly alive. Praying that this is the case.

According to BW's description, she did cross St. Landry. Her route took her mainly through residential areas.

Looks to me like LE knows something. There is a post on the Find Mickey Shunick Now fb page saying that the reward is $25,000 and it will NOT be going up because they refuse to play games with predators. Sounds like maybe they know a lil more about her situation. Also, this gives me a glimmer of hope. If, in fact, they have had some contact with a predator that wants $, that would mean that Mickey is possibly alive. Praying that this is the case.

I hope it is a strategic announcement and not simply a "statement" of determination and solidarity.

Did LE make this announcement or is it coming from community supporters? Just doesn't sound like a statement LE would officially release.

Anyone else's thoughts?

http://texasequusearch.org/

05/23/12 — Texas EquuSearch has been requested to assist in the search for Michaela “Mickey” Shunick. Tim Miller, Founder and Director of Texas EquuSearch is en route to Lafayette, LA to meet with her family and law enforcement. Please keep Mickey’s family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time.

I am so happy to hear that this group is coming in to help search and provide assistance to this family.
JMO

I hope it is a strategic announcement and not simply a "statement" of determination and solidarity.

Did LE make this announcement or is it coming from community supporters? Just doesn't sound like a statement LE would officially release.

Anyone else's thoughts?
Sounds much more like a statement than it does an announcement, and if it's LE pushing this statement - and I don't think it is - it is ill-advised.

It's best not to assume LE "knows something" or is "playing their cards close to their vest" as that frequently, and sadly, turns out not to be the case.

But, as it should, hope springs eternal.

I'd really like to see U.S. LE embrace social media much more than I see it doing. In the UK case of Joanna Yeates, the Avon and Somerset Constabulary created a page devoted to her disappearance on their internet site and also produced a Facebook page. While these turned out not to be factors in the crime's solving, they did create a center point for information, and kept the case in the public eye - as well as allowing LE to maintain a public voice as to what was taking place. I see this as being much more proactive technique than, say, offering a reward.

Sounds much more like a statement than it does an announcement, and if it's LE pushing this statement - and I don't think it is - it is ill-advised.

It's best not to assume LE "knows something" or is "playing their cards close to their vest" as that frequently, and sadly, turns out not to be the case.

But, as it should, hope springs eternal.

knowing I cannot quote directly from facebook, some of the opinions stated that the reason they're capping the award money is that it keeps rising, and *perhaps* someone out there that knows something is waiting to see how high it goes before divulging information. If they cap the reward money, hopefully whoever might be holding information will give it up. These seem to be opinions by regular people, not LE enforced. (but you never know). JMO MOO and all that. :)

Agreed, I believe it's probably not wise to broadcast such a stance.

That said, I perfectly understand and share the community's frustration with so little progress. It's tough to be patient. But I do hope we, as a community, are able to do all we can to help without getting in the way of the investigation. MOO.

If I weren't so "great with child," I'd love to be able to participate in the solidarity bike ride. Wonder if there's a way to hook up a wheelbarrow to a cycle. :p

Sorry -- needed a touch of comic relief. Back to topic.

If she was abducted in a "bad"/poor section of town and someone knows something, I suppose it is possible that a reward could be a factor...but rewards very seldom seem to matter, and certainly not the amount, as we have seen in cases such as Lauren's and Holly's with huge rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche