LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do FB for personal reasons, but would LOVE an update of what you are reading, Eskimo!

He said she was last seen on St Landry. I really got the impression that they didn't see her again after the Circle K video at St Landry and University (and there is another camera about a block and a half farther down St Landry in the direction she was travelling).

Since they said they have reviewed over 50 recordings, and she wasn't seen again, I don't think they saw her where they caught the two vehicles on camera.

Playing quick catch up here, Woofie. Any mention of the cell phone? I see LE has confirmed the bike was in the water. I suspect the phone is nearby.

They didn't mention the phone. You could be right.

I am finally caught up in the threads after leaving here last night.
WOW.
Great poster, Chicken Fried Lincoln Man!

Untitled-3.jpg

Why are we not allowed to have cell phones? We didn't have this rule til TES came along and reorganized everything. I guess they are concerned a volunteer would try and leak info/pics.

Or were you asking why I'm hesitant to go out searching without my phone? B/c I'm a mother to small children one of whom has medical issues and I'm not willing to be in a situation where I could not be contacted for several hours at a time, in case he needs to be rushed to the ER.

In the pic of the truck from behind...does anyone think maybe the truck has one of those bedliner covers? I know the tail lights blur the area. It could be a way to conceal things. Like a bike or body. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

i have heard that human trafficking is a huge problem in Baton Rouge. So I'm wondering if the police are focusing more on that than anything else. i hope they are. there are signs up around BR with "Not for sale" across a woman's face. these just went up a few months ago. the problem with human trafficking is its global. she could be anywhere by now.

anyhow, i'm new to WS. so forgive me if my reply is to a particular post and not to the thread in general. i'm in a hurry to get somewhere soon, so i didn't read all the rules just yet. just curious about y'alls take on the human trafficking issue

my hear breaks for her family. i tear up just thinking about what this poor girl and mother must be going through.

Playing quick catch up here, Woofie. Any mention of the cell phone? I see LE has confirmed the bike was in the water. I suspect the phone is nearby.
I didn't hear one and suspect that's what one of the "items of interest" is. But coverage was really bad, had to keep clicking "refresh" to follow presser, etc.

Anyone else remember hearing anything about Mickey's cell??

Ok, I'm going to post all the info that we got about the white truck from the other thread. Things were flying so fast, and also the presser was going on, I think this information, given by this poster is very important to Mickey's case. Just want it all to be here for reference.

wodalo
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

have not had time to read and catch up today but here are some of my findings on the pics...

My level of expertise in graphic design/editing software is expert/professional.

first pic of bike...
vehicle 15-20 yards behind bike pointing in same direction slowing or possibly stopped in loading zone... headlights appear off... braking based on light cast from rear of vehicle
...she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction.

second pic of bike (circle k)... appears she rode through a red light to cross University as it appears green in the other direction... there is no traffic...
... she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction...

pic of truck (circle K-following) pic is cropped and cannot see the state of the traffic light... the timeline might indicate truck had to wait for red light but was following per previous bike pic. same timeline as bike passing based on gas station patrons/movement

pic of truck (circle k-leaving) truck left turn lane slowing for red light.
tailgate is up per the fact we can see the license plate light which would be obstructed by a down tailgate... based on angles of reflection from upper backlighting, appears to have a white bed cover and dark upper window visors... possible off kilter fuel door enough to reflect light differently, or possible aftermarket. based on turning location, truck should appear on university camera in less than a minute dependent on the length of wait time at current red light

person leaning on car getting gas...
person in white t appears running toward store, possibly a passenger based on angle subject is moving away from car, fuel door most likely on passenger side of vehicle)

truck pic (university) truck appears clean, tires reflect light (possibly just shined) possible paved road travel only to this point per shiny tires... dark upper window visors reflecting light, possible white bed cover, 5 spoke wheels possibly stock. license plate appears flat (printed, not stamped) per even reflection, appears white with red upper lettering possibly similar to california's.

i need to go for a bit but will look more into them later... from what I have reviewed so far the truck appears to be the same truck in all pics, though i have read all your arguments about different trucks as the do certainly "appear" to be as was my opinion also "before i took them apart"... once i have time to bust out my slide-rule to get an accurate timeline i can contribute more

this is all of course, my opinion and could be wrong... but i am good at what i do... (i still have my waxer from when cut and paste meant "cut and paste") in no way could i upload all my work, but if anybody has a specific argument to any of this i will try to take the time to address it... but lets keep the argument civil and stay on point and we can work on this together...

wodalo

i did not go off of what was said or what we were told... i went off what i had... pics. news is not a credible source to me. i used professional tools to break these apart and have an experienced eye for the little details. the news is only going off what they were told... i have trained people in various fields of graphic design and photo manipulation... i have (in the past) been invited to colleges to speak on this subject to students... that being said... i'm just a regular guy, and i do make mistakes (but only according to my wife i believe one person "can" make a difference... i'm trying to help.

wodalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54
I was interested to hear what the poster said too, because to me, and I've been taught that when LE releases a photo, they do it for more reasons than just what sticks out in front, it's what's behind in the photo that is really telling, and with the time frames there in all three photos, that's the same truck.

you are correct in this case... the timestamps on university are very telling...
not what times the cars passed...
the fact that one says 1:49:38 and the other says 1:51:27 says a lot about the frame-rate... we know there are many more pics or video from this camera based on those times...

if one was at 1:49:38 and the other at 1:51:38... we might assume it snaps a pic at lest once per minute

the fact they they are at odd times to each other says at least one pic snapped per second and possibly full motion video is available to them

wodalo

this is moving too fast for me... please go back and read my post about my pic findings...

window visors on truck
vehicle with lights off following bike in first pic
etc... much of what i found has not been discussed as far as i've seen

please take a look... i spent time on this i don't have and if anyone would like me to continue to... at least take a look a my findings thus far....

wodalo

this is the same truck... it turned left at circle k onto university (fact) at least a fact that it was in the lane to turn left in the pic...
university camera WILL have this pic... (FACT) based on the given known framerate unless it is motion sensing but then yields the same results.

it looks different but is the same truck

so this truck in in a possible 5 of the 6 pics we have

Wow, thanks for reposting this because I didn't see it.

wodalo, if you're here, please talk more about the first pic of Mickey. I didn't see anyone following her in that pic! Can you put up an enhanced version and point it out?

i have heard that human trafficking is a huge problem in Baton Rouge. So I'm wondering if the police are focusing more on that than anything else. i hope they are. there are signs up around BR with "Not for sale" across a woman's face. these just went up a few months ago. the problem with human trafficking is its global. she could be anywhere by now.

anyhow, i'm new to WS. so forgive me if my reply is to a particular post and not to the thread in general. i'm in a hurry to get somewhere soon, so i didn't read all the rules just yet. just curious about y'alls take on the human trafficking issue

my hear breaks for her family. i tear up just thinking about what this poor girl and mother must be going through.
Hello and welcome to WS, justwannahelp.

im coming from the last thread where i couldnt quote a post because the damn things are closed every 22 pages...

brettly's Da Kine hat does NOT mean he is a smoker. Da Kine is a surf/ skate brand in hawaii. they make clothing and backpacks and all sorts of things.

With all the new information released in the past 2 hours or so, i think we will find out what happened to mickey very soon. With a post from the FB page asking for volunteer searchers 8 hours ago then Paul Mouton saying 2 hours ago that the volunteer search effort would be indefinitely suspended.. things just dont seem good.

what i have gathered so far is that her rear rim was bent (as if someone clipped her from behind). Also, that LE has found other items, but will not release the info. It seemed odd to me last night when the search at whiskey bay ended abruptly. That causes me to believe that LE may have found very important things, (it hurts me so much to type it...) maybe even mickey herself. The family would need some time for privacy, and to identify and items LE found.

I want them to get close for her family's sake so that all this can be over... they seem like good people (we have mutual friends) and deserve to have her home safe.

Wish there was a way to sync the comments happening here and on the Find Mickey FB page. Some good comments happening there as well right now. Not sure if I'm allowed to post them verbatim here, but would recommend checking it out.

You can always suggest to them, that they may come here and post, nothing against doing that I don't think.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

"Investigators believe the bike was dropped off and not thrown from the bridge. Also, they believe the bike was dumped the morning Shunick went missing."

Thank you!

From your link:

The only visible damage to the bike belonging to missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick was the rear tire, according to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton. During a media briefing around 3:35 this afternoon, he said the rim was bent. Fishermen found the bike Sunday at the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Whiskey Bay exit. Mouton said her bike was submerged in the water off the bank of the Atchafalaya Basin.

It sounds like she was hit, imo

what i have gathered so far is that her rear rim was bent (as if someone clipped her from behind). Also, that LE has found other items, but will not release the info. It seemed odd to me last night when the search at whiskey bay ended abruptly. That causes me to believe that LE may have found very important things, (it hurts me so much to type it...) maybe even mickey herself. The family would need some time for privacy, and to identify and items LE found.

I want them to get close for her family's sake so that all this can be over... they seem like good people (we have mutual friends) and deserve to have her home safe.

They did clear the area quickly but I'm really thinking if they had recovered a body it would have been leaked by now.

With all the new information released in the past 2 hours or so, i think we will find out what happened to mickey very soon. With a post from the FB page asking for volunteer searchers 8 hours ago then Paul Mouton saying 2 hours ago that the volunteer search effort would be indefinitely suspended.. things just dont seem good.

I know it's negative to write but I hope what you think is true. Since her odds of survival are so grim anyway, I just hope they are about to close the case so everyone can move on. That would mean though that they are really good at keeping things secret. I would be impressed by how tight they keep the lid on their info.

Lindsayw, we were told to keep our cellphones on, just on vibrate. We were told to call our team leader if we found anything of interest and when one searcher was lost, we got her by phone.

Carried over from last thread. I propose an experiment. Need someone to drop a bike....from humorously high and video it. Then we can observe the damage. Science is fun

Meanwhile, I just texted hubby, who is at work right now at REI. I asked him to ask the bike techies if the damage to that particular bike, when tossed off a bridge to a swampy embankment below, would result in only a bent rear rim and a dislodged tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member