LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A correction from KATC (hmmm):

Point of clarification: The white pick-up ruled out was seen on University, not Amb. Caffery as reported in the previous post. We regret the error.

From where he lives to where he was going, in lunchtime traffic in Lafayette, it could easily have taken over an hour. I'd give him another 30 minutes before worrying.

Yes, he mentioned living slightly south of Lafayette. I agree because I live near him. I would say easily could take well over an hour.

I've had a feeling about this since the Press Release yesterday...something big is coming and soon!

It'll be at 3:00 eastern time because I have a no-escape meeting. :banghead:

Help me out...is there anything distinguishing on this z71 that we can be on the lookout for? Are the handles black or chrome? I'm looking at the pic, but it's so unclear that I'm having trouble distinguishing anything specific.

Point of clarification: The white pick-up ruled out was seen on University, not Amb. Caffery as reported in the previous post. We regret the error.

I think they're trying to drive us over the edge.

There was never a pic of a truck on ambassador.

There was never a pic of a truck on ambassador.

This is why I think they're trying to make us insane(r)

Not really, but seriously...could anyone have picked a worse point to confuse for us, specifically? The TRUCKS? Arrgghh

Help me out...is there anything distinguishing on this z71 that we can be on the lookout for? Are the handles black or chrome? I'm looking at the pic, but it's so unclear that I'm having trouble distinguishing anything specific.

What bothers me about this being called a z71 is that z71's usually have a big red z71 sticker on the drivers rear bed panel and Round gas doors not square. The wheel wells do look correct though. We need to start working on this truck everyone. The fact that they are giving this vehicle a make and model bothers me, don't want to rule anyone out.

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

This is the truck they're looking for right?

So pleased more progress has been made! I am curious just how much camera footage they have. It feels like they should have a pretty tight timeline and location where she probably disappeared due to camera footage. However, that also makes me think they should know every car that was in the area. So, where does it leave us if the Z71 is ruled out somehow as well? Is the camera footage less pervasive than I am thinking?

Missing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick's recovered bike suffered significant damage to the rear tire, including a bent rim, authorities said today.

"We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found," Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department said.

That the bike was found damaged and dumped near a highway suggests Shunick might have been hit by a car, ABC News consultant and former FBI special agent Brad Garrett said.

"If her bike was hit by a vehicle...you may be able to tell from the damage whether it was intentional or not," he said. "[There] could be a wealth of information potentially gathered in addition to the location of the bike."

Garrett said the bike could have paint from the suspect's vehicle on it or DNA from Shunick or the suspect.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-lo...rd-significant/story?id=16458312#.T8ZUxLBYt9E

I have a Droid and supposedly there is an app for it but I can't find it.

I use taptalk or whatever it's called on my iPhone. I don't use it on my iPad I like the browser better.

Edited to add once again i am late to the game I see this has been covered. That said I am the opposite I think most free apps are terrible. I don't mind paying for one that works well. This one in particular works for several forums not just websleuths.

To clarify. They're still looking for this truck, right?

Truck-475x333.jpg

Any chance the location of the headquarters at Blackham is because they think that around there is likeliest area for an abduction or am I making a crazy link there?

Btw, I have always assumed from the beginning it happened near St. Landry extension road. That place at night seems like an ideal spot for an abduction.

On the other hand, that is just pure assumption. My assumption is that it is much easier to do something like that there than on St. Landry between Circle K and the beginning of the fields. If someone were following her, it just seems that they could wait a bit longer for a safer bet.

This story gives me the creeps. Whoever did it pisses me off sooooo much.

Just saw the news about the Olds 98!! Way to go, Chicken! I'm thrilled that end is tied up.

Bittersweet, though. The owner had nothing additional to offer.

We'll get there, Sleuthers. Keep on keepin' on.

What bothers me about this being called a z71 is that z71's usually have a big red z71 sticker on the drivers rear bed panel and Round gas doors not square. The wheel wells do look correct though. We need to start working on this truck everyone. The fact that they are giving this vehicle a make and model bothers me, don't want to rule anyone out.

You truck and car buffs can do that, not my strong point lol.

The bottom picture, of the truck traveling in the opposite direction, isn't the same truck, and has apparently been ruled out. The top truck Z 71 is the one they are now searching for.

:waitasec:

They look the same to me.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members