LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know the answer to that one, how it got to I 10 from that location, it just somehow did. Could have made a circle somewhere, why, who knows, but that truck has been cleared.

Thank you - I had the concept of the roads right though? At least?

Am starting to have really weird ideas like they are in a blackmailing situation and that is why the father was flown away in a yellow helicopter. And why it's so quiet with the family at moment.

Mr Shunick being flown away in a yellow helicopter isn't fact, it's rumor. Yellow helicopters are PHI. A PHI helicopter with a pilot from Lafayette went down in the Gulf of Mexico on Monday afternoon and PHI grounded* its fleet.. Yesterday mid morning for sure, I know that some men who were supposed to Crew change offshore weren't able to because phi wasn't flying.

edit to correct spelling error.

The father was flown away in a yellow helicopter?

Sounds like it could be a PHI chopper...which are primarily used for transporting Oil & Gas personnel to and from rig locations inland and offshore.

Thinking outloud here: perhaps there is some credence to the theory of the offshore worker? Perhaps, even, (caution: the following conjecture may make some of you uncomfortable) a body has been located in the vicinity of, or along the route to, a shorebase, and an identification is needed? That's one theory.

I'm also curious about the blackmail theory posed here upthread.

Or perhaps there is some non-public evidence which has led LE to an as-of-yet undisclosed location in the search?

Can anyone tell us more about the helicopter story?

ETA: N/M, I now see that it was a pre-planned event.

What is confusing me the most is that in the pic, I can't really see the white outline surrounding the back window...so I was thinking it was maybe a truck like this, but with a toolbox or rack or something on the back:
chevrolet_silverado-2500-hd-regular-cab_2012_photos_Truck_Exterior_1-Front-White.jpg

All in all, I think it's a Silverado...the z71 is just an added package, right?

According to the LDP press release it's a 4-door we're looking for:
The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.

I sure would hate to own a white Z71 around Lafayette right now!

First time to post on this particular case...

But, it appears to be an extended cab. When a truck typically is an 'extended cab' usually it is considered a short bed truck. Because in order to accommodate the 'extended cab', some of the truck bed is taken away. I did find these 2 pictures of newer model Z71 (which is actually a particular style of Silverado). One is of a 2007 w/ Silver bumper and the other is a 2011 w/ white bumper. Very similar, but the 2011 has a little more 'bump outs' around the fenders, etc.

So is the Z71 in the pic on St. Landry a 4 door or 2 door extended cab? I can't tell. I feel like that would help.

That truck was first spotted turning onto University, no? And then later spotted going down University towards I-10. Or was the University pic taken first? I thought the truck was spotted turning onto University (in turn lane) at 1:48 and on University at 1:51?
I don't think we have an exact time stamp from the photo on St. Landry in the turning lane, but yes. According to LE, same truck going from St. Landry in the left-hand turning lane, up University.

First time to post on this particular case...

But, it appears to be an extended cab. When a truck typically is an 'extended cab' usually it is considered a short bed truck. Because in order to accommodate the 'extended cab', some of the truck bed is taken away. I did find these 2 pictures of newer model Z71 (which is actually a particular style of Silverado). One is of a 2007 w/ Silver bumper and the other is a 2011 w/ white bumper. Very similar, but the 2011 has a little more 'bump outs' around the fenders, etc.
Neither one o those trucks would match because there are no rear door handles on those trucks.

So is the Z71 in the pic on St. Landry a 4 door or 2 door extended cab? I can't tell. I feel like that would help.

Exactly, you can't tell. The street sign (diamond shape) is obscuring if there is a handle to a door or not. But, from MSM, they are saying it is a 4dr. Either way, it would be a short bed since you need to accommodate for both an 'extended cab' and '4dr'.

4dr MSM: http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/2/

Yellow helicopters are only used for Search & Rescue missions or medical emergencies from what I've read online.

Not true in Lafayette. PHI is a MAJOR fleet of yellow choppers used by oilfield Companies for crew change and what not in the oilfield.

Can you clarify what you're asking here?

I guess not - lolololol!
Somebody thinks they understood me. I'll let it go for now. I think I understand. The first picture of a truck we were privy to (the one pictured more from behind) is the same truck that was pictured going down Universal Street which was released at the same time as the picture of the truck we are told is still of interest.

:what:

I know zilch about trucks, but if you google Chevy Silverado extended cab - even the rims look like the right type. Not sure what the difference is between a Z71 and a Silverado are though.

Silverado is the name of chevys trucks. Silverado 1500, 2500, and 3500. They come in 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. Z-71 is an add-on package for 4 wheel drive which is basically just a skid plate on the bottom of the truck to protect it while off roading.

The Texas Edition package is a fancy chrome plate on the side that says Texas, chrome door handles, chrome mirrors, usually chrome wheels, and a couple small upgrades inside. I would not consider a truck with the Texas Edition package to be a "work truck".

Standard cab is 2 door, extended cab is 2 full doors and 2 half doors, crew is 4 full doors. If it hasn't already been said I would lean more to this being a 1500, not 2500 because the Texas Edition is more readily available and in stock on the 1500. I believe a 2500 Texas Edition has to be ordered. Also another reason I wouldn't consider this truck a "work" or "company" truck is because motor companies have special "fleet" trucks made for work. They are more heavy duty, and don't have all the frills of the normal trucks.

(can y'all tell I have been vehicle shopping lately?? My husband is trying to get a new truck and he is very picky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129