LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I skipped a few pages not to get sucked into the white truck fiasco so I don't know if this was brought up: I wonder if LE thought about the her turning onto brashear and if they are looking into footage on Johnston?

I'm sure they did, just to make sure they were absolutely certain she was on no other cameras. They said they've looked at over 50 videos in one of the press releases.

I read that post-Thank you-but-I was asking-if not going to TB where else would she have been heading----

I am wondering this as well! maybe she wasn't THAT tired and just said she was in order to be nice when leaving BW's and something happened?

Here's the question I need answered PLEASE. Was the picture of Mickey that was taken at 1:48AM near the gas station taken BEFORE she crossed over Universal Avenue? Oops, I meant University (I keep getting those two mixed up)

No. It was taken after she crossed through the intersection.

I have to agree that my first thought once I knew she was possibly heading the Johnston st route was that she was going to stop at Mel's to see whichever friends said they were going there.

Can you call this in to the tip line?

She went to Taco Bell at 1:30 am. I can't see her wanting to go again at 1:48. I think she was just trying to get home safely. jmo

The last camera that saw her was at the corner of University and Landry by the gas station. The next camera was at 224 Landry, but she never went by that camera. Brashear is the only street between the cameras. So she either got hit between the cameras (not likely) or headed down Brashear and got hit down in that area.

Which might technically make the statement LE made accurate if you think of the Sierra L case where they stated the dogs had her scent at the end of the driveway but actually they continued to get her scent further.

We just assumed that is where they lost her scent.

If Mickey did take a different route it might be the last footage of her or the vehicle on that particular street but may not mean it is the final footage they have.

starting? all these speculations and wild conjectures and quibbling over details is beyond frustrating. so difficult and tedious to follow, that it seems more for entertainment purposes than actual sleuthing.

You don't actually think that crimes get solved on internet forums, do you? Every long crime thread I ever seen goes over and over the same stuff and is full of theories - many of them nonsensical. That's due to lack of real information. If people just stuck with that the thread would be short.

She couldn't have been short-changed. They stated she used her debit card to pay.

Well she could have been missing something from her order, not short-"changed" but just shorted. Anyway, I was just clearing it up for other posters. I don't think she was going back to TB. She knew they would ignore her if she was on a bike. Every biker knows that.

Trust me...threads slow down naturally enough, if there is no POI and no sign of the person, it just happens. :( No matter what the case.

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.

White vehicles conduct less heat from the sun, don't get as heat soaked, and lessen temps inside the vehicle. Car manufacturers tend to offer the lighter colored cars in the south and south west as opposed to up here in the north where the sun isn't as hot. Plus white would collect less dirt in the south as opposed to in the north with road salt and snow. It's just marketing for comfort essentially.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

~respectfully snipped~

Family & friends should know if she hung out there. Good point.

It's already been said on the news that her friends wanted her to join them at Mel's. They texted her at Brettly's but they had already gotten Taco Bell. I guarantee you she went there a good bit. All that young crowd does - it's the only good food open late except fast food. Also, I've been there with acquaintances of her crowd.

But let me shoot my own theory down. If she had decided to change her mind and go to Mel's, see someone, and get a ride home, she would have texted someone there and told them so. But that's going out of her way to get a ride for the last 1/3 of the distance. Plus, she already just saw them at Artmosphere.

So... no.... sorry for wasting y'all's time!

RBBM: I think this is a very good idea. That way, we don't have to wade through 30+ pages to find something.

Thank you wfgodot for all of your hard work!

JMO, IMO, :moo:, all disclaimers....
Thank you, tezi.

White vehicles conduct less heat from the sun, don't get as heat soaked, and lessen temps inside the vehicle. Car manufacturers tend to offer the lighter colored cars in the south and south west as opposed to up here in the north where the sun isn't as hot. Plus white would collect less dirt in the south as opposed to in the north with road salt and snow. It's just marketing for comfort essentially.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Frackers in northeast PA use white trucks.

My first look at her path:
Now, assuming she WAS heading home, and not somewhere else, looking at it for the first time, I see no reason at all for her to get off St. Landry until she hit Coliseum Rd. In my opinion, there's nothing THAT wrong with St. Landry, though an empty hospital seems to spook some folks. Take a right on Coliseum Rd. and a quick left between those two big barns just north of Blackham Coliseum. As a biker, that would be my preferred cutover, then get right on that nice long bike path paralleling Cajundome Blvd. - up to Congress.

Would she have cut between those two barns? Who knows. it's the shortest route over to the Cajundome bike path.

NOW - she loved horses. Blackhan Coliseum has a lot of livestock shows, I think horse shows maybe? Would she know about those barns and the path between them, given her great love of and involvement with horses? I think the answer is yes.

She may have been taking that shortcut many times, because she knew where the barns are and knew it was there.

So.... was there anyone hanging around Blackham Coliseum - like a night watchman, who saw several times over a month or two, a little blonde girl on her bike alone at night, on a hidden little path between two big barns?

But that comes down to my question again: what was the address of the last security camera that saw her? I wish I knew.

All that said, though, I see an alternative to continuing on St. Landry. She could have turned right into the neighborhood to the north of St. Landry -up St. Mary or other street like St. Thomas. But I don't get the feeling she did. St. Landry gives you direct access to nice, long, open, car-free, biker-friendly stretches without trees - near Blackham Coliseum and the Cajundome.

I would think she would have intended to make a beeline down St. Landry to get to the arena areas, then headed north through their grounds to Congress.

If you make me choose Congress or Johnston to bike that last stretch between the Cajundome and my home near Ambassador Caffery, I take Congress every time. Johnston is a nightmare. Curvy, wild drivers, internittent, badly buckled, unsafe sidewalks if they're there at all, and a narrow joke of a bike lane that stops and starts and only gets you run over at night.

Until someone can show me some other reason why she would have turned aside, I don't believe she intended to turn off of St. Landry until it dead-ended at Blackham Coliseum.

Why not drive straight through the Saint Street areas down Souvenir Gate if she wanted to avoid Congress? Why bike the extra half mile down St. Landry then bike in through darkened barns behind the Coliseum? Why go out of your way to take a scarier, longer path? There has to be a reason she took St. Landry other than that she wanted to catch Congress at the Cajundome because the shortest distance between those two points is directly through the Saint Street area down Souvenir Gate.

The Mel's Diner is a possibility. Maybe she had another friend in that area?

And the last camera shot made public was on the Governmental Bldg across from Circle K at St. Landry at University.

Which might technically make the statement LE made accurate if you think of the Sierra L case where they stated the dogs had her scent at the end of the driveway but actually they continued to get her scent further.

We just assumed that is where they lost her scent.

If Mickey did take a different route it might be the last footage of her or the vehicle on that particular street but may not mean it is the final footage they have.

If she stayed on Landry and that camera caught her being hit/abducted/whatever... do you think LE would tell us?

I want to know if that truck was caught on the next camera dagnabit.

<modsnip>

In case any of you have not been to the FINDMICKEYNOW.com site; there is new developments. Both the OLDS 98 and the white truck with white bed cover going west university have been RULED OUT. Police are now only focusing on the Z71 truck as the vehicle of interest. So everyone, please stop handing out chickenfreid's fliers. And let's give chicken fried a round of applause for possibly help rule out a vehicle of interest. yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck