LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already been said on the news that her friends wanted her to join them at Mel's. They texted her at Brettly's but they had already gotten Taco Bell. I guarantee you she went there a good bit. All that young crowd does - it's the only good food open late except fast food. Also, I've been there with acquaintances of her crowd.

But let me shoot my own theory down. If she had decided to change her mind and go to Mel's, see someone, and get a ride home, she would have texted someone there and told them so. But that's going out of her way to get a ride for the last 1/3 of the distance. Plus, she already just saw them at Artmosphere.

So... no.... sorry for wasting y'all's time!

Mel's Diner is about half way home. It's 2 miles from Ryan and a half mile from the Coliseum. This actually makes more sense as to why she would take that route. If she was in contact with her friends and thought they were there, she could have gotten on her bike and decided while riding to make a pass there. She wouldn't have stopped to text them. And maybe her intent was to visit with them. If they were still there, then great. If not, she was on her way home anyway.

Does anyone know if they've checked surveillance cameras down that far?

If she stayed on Landry and that camera caught her being hit/abducted/whatever... do you think LE would tell us?

I want to know if that truck was caught on the next camera dagnabit.

Can somebody please stfu about a sub forum?

So do I lol

LE sometimes needs to keep information to themselves and many times require the help of the public so will release what they must to get that help and they are still asking for it.

Think of the Bain girls recently. The Sierra L. case just made me pause with respect to the footage.

LE was already behind about 48 hours in this case.

My coworkers and I were discussing the possibility of a smaller car being involved. Trying to fit the bike in the trunk but won't really fit, hence trying to slam the trunk and bending the rear wheel? And removing the grips to fit better? Thoughts?

You raise an interesting point. Perhaps the bent rim is the result of someone smashing a heavy-duty truck door or a back gate on it? Maybe that someone panicked and was in a hurry or was impaired and didn't notice that the rear wheel of the bicycle was in the way?

i heard that they have a confession. they are holding info till they dredge at butte la rose. supposedly a hit and run.

Most stables close for the night. People not living on the premises aren't allowed in after dark.

This isn't really true. I showed on the A circuit throughout my childhood/teenage years in Central FL and my friends and I would often go to the barn to see our horses and give them treats after dark. I had friends at other A show stables and we did the same thing. There are probably some stables that don't allow people (perhaps even owners) on the premises after dark but when people pay good money to keep their horse there it's hard to tell them they can't come at any time.

Bumps her bike, gets out of the car with the pretense of checking on her...while she's got her guard down/shaken up/etc. he pulls a weapon...I could see that happening.
Happens all the time to regular drivers at nighttime. They bump you and you get out to check the damage, etc. ......gone.

chicken fried--

She was last spotted in front of circle k on the corner of St. Landry and University. She didn't appear at 224 St. Landry on their camera (according to press release saying no additional footage had been found).

I don't imagine her going to Mel's because she had eaten quickly at BW's and was heading home--she had to be at her brother's graduation in 9.5 hrs.

I hope LE comes up with some answers soon, though!

Edit to add: I don't think she would have gotten off St. Landry either--her normal path was go to down St. Landry to Coliseum and hop on the bike path. I'd love to know why she detoured.

I am still not convinced that she DID detour from St. Landry. Remember it was a week after the fact that LE released these stills from the video they have. Cpl Mouton even said that originally they were looking for footage from Congress Street, not St Landry. I get that she didn't show up on the next camera at 224 St. Landry but isn't very possible that the footage was recorded over? Don't businesses cycle their recordings after a certain amount of time? I can't see Martin & Castille saving footage 24/7/365. That would take up a lot of space on a hard drive, right? Or am I way off here?

This isn't really true. I showed on the A circuit throughout my childhood/teenage years in Central FL and my friends and I would often go to the barn to see our horses and give them treats after dark. I had friends at other A show stables and we did the same thing. There are probably some stables that don't allow people (perhaps even owners) on the premises after dark but when people pay good money to keep their horse there it's hard to tell them they can't come at any time.

Okay then. Never heard of that, but then I never boarded at high end stables, which perhaps Willow Oaks is. But I highly doubt that she was biking there. It's outside of Lafayette. Duson I think?

Chicken fried's post about this was long, so I do not want to show quote. RE: johnston versus st landry route home. I personally would have taken the Johnston street route instead of going down st landry given a choice; johnston is safe compared to those fields along coliseum rd.

Given the st landry vs johnston street odds; I am about 30/70 (st landry/johnston street.) what odds are others thinking?

I am still not convinced that she DID detour from St. Landry. Remember it was a week after the fact that LE released these stills from the video they have. Cpl Mouton even said that originally they were looking for footage from Congress Street, not St Landry. I get that she didn't show up on the next camera at 224 St. Landry but isn't very possible that the footage was recorded over? Don't businesses cycle their recordings after a certain amount of time? I can't see Martin & Castille saving footage 24/7/365. That would take up a lot of space on a hard drive, right? Or am I way off here?

They had footage of the car we were looking for passing by there. So obviously they still had the footage from that night. Also LPD is currently reviewing more footage from that camera

My coworkers and I were discussing the possibility of a smaller car being involved. Trying to fit the bike in the trunk but won't really fit, hence trying to slam the trunk and bending the rear wheel? And removing the grips to fit better? Thoughts?

Take nothing more than a flip of metal tab to remove the front wheel...and the handle bars can be turned to make it shorter yet....but if something like a Mustang trunk..possible. IMO

I'm sorry to belabor the point about the White z71 but I'm still not getting it.

Yes, I agree, there are only two P/U's in question. The one with the obvious bed lid (show driving north on University I believe) has been eliminated but the one going west on St Landry accross from the circle K is still "in play" To me, the mystery is still the cam shot of the white crew cab going east accross from the Circle K.

Some posters, who appear to be more knowledgeable than me on trucks claim that this white P/U is the same one as the one with the bed lid. (I don't see a bed lid but I am not positive it isn't there).

Others have claimed that LPD has definitly said that the white crew cab going east on St Landry is the same as the one with the Bed lid. I have googled all of the media links and could not find any reference to the crew cab going east on st Landry. Also, strangely, None of the media links seem to have that cam photo. The only original source I could find for it was in the "find mickey now" site and it is no longer there. I find it curious that, at the time LPD was activily seeking out the drivers , they would not use both photos since they give very different perspectives. I'm a little suspicious that the LPD has decided not to talk about this cam photo.

If someone would just provid a media link or something that would put the issue to rest so that we can move on.

i heard that they have a confession. they are holding info till they dredge at butte la rose. supposedly a hit and run.

A hit & run?! So where is Mickey? How did her bike get 20+ miles away from where she was last seen? Doesn't hit & run mean the victim and their belongings are left right where they were hit?

I sooooo hope there is a confession, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth